[Q] Rooting ZTE Majesty

Search This thread

Radiohead84

Jan 18, 2014
I am like many others in this thread. I bought my ZTE Majesty about a month ago and have been searching and trying everything under the sun to root this stubborn device. It's hard to tell how many hours I've devoted to it. I wish I knew more about rooting and the internal workings of android phones. There has got to be someone out there who owns this device and has the time and knowledge to root this thing. This is absolutely frustrating. I wish I had the money to buy a temporary replacement right now because I would send the one I have to one you geniuses to get your hands on it. I think this is the first Android I have ever owned that I was not able to root. I have faith though. Unless it turns out that the phone cannot be rooted, I know someone will eventually come up with a root for it. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

Leann531

Jan 22, 2014
Dearing,GA
I am also looking to Root ZTE Majesty!

Yeah. That's how it seems, especially since I can get Kingo to root it and if I unplug my device from my PC right before it finishes to tell it to shut down. But it works very temporarily (like, super temporarily. Titanium Backup doesn't work and I can't install a hacked Google Play). Root checker says it is rooted, though. But only until I restart.

Any way to downgrade this to 4.0 at all?

We friends and I have the same problem, have heard about a back door with a hard code chinese , but nothing yet. If anyone takes root to this device please post here, I am watching this site and others very closely for a hit that will stick. It' a matter of time before it's cracked.

denco10

Dec 21, 2012
I did find and remove a program called rootchecker off my majesty. Still can't root but I'm surprised they have an app loaded that checks and removes root access running that can be un-installed.

This is not installed by the MFG it was installed by one of the programs you attempted to root the phone with and is a useful(ish) tool

bitshifter52

Apr 9, 2012

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
I'm so glad I got rid of this phone. I mean, it's a good phone. But GOD it's impossible to root. I just went ahead and got a flip phone and a tablet. I'm saving money anyway. I don't think I'll ever get a ZTE phone again though lololol

Radiohead84

Jan 18, 2014
I'm so glad I got rid of this phone. I mean, it's a good phone. But GOD it's impossible to root. I just went ahead and got a flip phone and a tablet. I'm saving money anyway. I don't think I'll ever get a ZTE phone again though lololol

I had to end up doing the same thing. At my local Kroger store they were selling the ZTE Flash for $99. The specs are way better than that of the ZTE Majesty. The camera alone is 12.6MP compared to the 5.0MP camera on the Majesty. Did some research online while I was walking around the store and verified that I could root the ZTE Flash before coming to a purchase decision. I've got to say, I am very happy I bought it. I may keep my Majesty laying around in case my son wants to use it for games. Knowing me, I will more than likely check back occasionally to see if a root has been developed for it. This is the only phone I have had problems rooting and I am very curious to see if anyone is ever able to haha.

philmiami

May 13, 2011
Miami
Sold on eBay

and got rid of it
Got a CDMA-V VERIZON towers Samsung Galaxy S3 @ Walmart on Black Friday for $299 and it is sooooo much better
Only lost about $25 selling on eBay so for the time I had it it was ok BUT
just too wacked from all the Samsung stuff I got
I will never buy any thing ZTE again......it just is so cheap feeling

JakeUp Mang

Feb 12, 2014
Progress towards permanently rooting ZTE Majesty?

I noticed that the recent posts have been mainly about people selling their Majesty for other phone models. This is discouraging and not very helpful. Some of us are depending on a permanent root method for the Majesty because we don't have the luxury of getting a different phone.

Is anyone making any progress towards rooting this phone:confused:

Please, if you are still working on this, give us an update so the ones who are still waiting don't lose hope..

slixz85

Jan 28, 2014
I noticed that the recent posts have been mainly about people selling their Majesty for other phone models. This is discouraging and not very helpful. Some of us are depending on a permanent root method for the Majesty because we don't have the luxury of getting a different phone.

Is anyone making any progress towards rooting this phone:confused:

Please, if you are still working on this, give us an update so the ones who are still waiting don't lose hope..

still waitin man unless some pro will bring forth somethin. i been working on this for a month myself reading all kinds of stuff. apparently the bootloader is locked and obviously hard to get by. but im sure when we lose hope it will happen. this phone just now hit my local walmart believe it or not before that the lg optimus showtime which i had succesfully rooted was the better straight talk phone. im def not gettin a $400 galaxy tho or iphone lol. just waitiing. there is a + to this tho if u think about it. "hey we can't screw our phones up" i've done this before over something simple. lol

princess*

Mar 2, 2014
Zte

I would also like to know if anyone figured out a root for this phone yet. I've been looking everywhere for a month now since I've had mine with no luck at all. Someone's gotta know something more. Right?

zombielion

Apr 16, 2012
I really hope someone is working on root for this. I'm kinda stuck with this phone for a bit.

And I will tell you what. Coming from a phone I could do anything to this phone sucks so bad.

Its preloaded with a ton of garbage the browser blows it glitches and I think its all there ROM. I really hope a breakthrough comes soon.

But judging by how long people have been waiting for this I doubt it. If I would have known before hand I would have so not bought this.

clamum

Jan 10, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I got a Majesty from eBay for a good price after I dropped my Centura and it cracked the screen. I'm really digging the phone so far so I'm just seeing if there's any root available or custom ROM or anything. Looks like a big "negative" to that, haha. Oh well, never had any root on my Centura and I liked it fine (same with the Proclaim I had before that).

I'm a developer by profession and hobby but I don't know the first thing about rooting or how to do it, otherwise I'd probably take a look at doing this myself.

tombracken

May 2, 2014
Z796C ZTE Majesty

i have had my Z796C ZTE Majesty for about 6 months - WALMART Straight Talk. I is SLOW and oddly enough not even listed on the ZTE Website. Phone support sucks and problems abound. $180 - but cheap month-to-month service. Would love to find a way to improve it - but it won't even connect to my Win PC. Windows believes it is a Linux CDROM drive and does nothing. To add or remove anything I have to pull the microSD chip and connect it separately. Very strange. Any tips of tricks on how to improve it? Other than tossing...
Thanks

slixz85

Jan 28, 2014
i have had my Z796C ZTE Majesty for about 6 months - WALMART Straight Talk. I is SLOW and oddly enough not even listed on the ZTE Website. Phone support sucks and problems abound. $180 - but cheap month-to-month service. Would love to find a way to improve it - but it won't even connect to my Win PC. Windows believes it is a Linux CDROM drive and does nothing. To add or remove anything I have to pull the microSD chip and connect it separately. Very strange. Any tips of tricks on how to improve it? Other than tossing...
Thanks

i spent 180 or whatever on this phone for 3G. i got rid of it after following this post and not finding root either. i need a rooted smart phone lol especially for battery life fixes and bloatware uninstall. so instead im just about to grab a 4G for 200 at walmart also. always happens i get a phone just 3 months before i should of.

Yabber0901

May 18, 2014
This phone is bizarre. It reboots on its own for no reason and once you transfer apps to an SD card, a reboot will wipe them out. I feel like a root would help here, but from the looks of it I don't think that's going to happen.

bitshifter52

Apr 9, 2012
No Hope?

ZTE Majesty; I am hoping that someone far more knowledgeable than I about Android is still looking for a rooting solution for this device.

tracysngr

Mar 18, 2014
Leesville Louisiana
rooting my zte z795g solar....

Hey everyone! New here. I just got my new ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk yesterday and I hear its a relatively new phone out on the market. But, ever since yesterday I have been trying to get this darn thing rooted, but I have had no success. I've tried Motochoper, z4Root, SRSRoot, Unlock Root and a few more I can't remember. I don't get what is up with this phone, but it seems almost impossible. It's like there is something missing. I can glitch z4Root to get it to stay for a little bit... but it's barely functional. It goes away anyway.
I am running Android 4.1.2, if that has to do with anything. If anyone needs more information to help me, please do ask. I've been at work over this for the past 26 hours and it's making my brain melt.
Thanks so much. And again, if this is in the wrong section, somebody please move it. At least that way I know I'll get more hits on this problem! =)

I have tried everything to root my Solar, for 2 weeks now.... i did for a short minute updated the su binary...but cant get it to do it again... when I saw your post about the majesty and realizing they are close in comparison, was wondering if you ever succeeded in rooting your device...or is it a lost cause

mircony

Mar 24, 2010
Geohots towel root worked for me on a zte majesty, had to run the towel root and supersu several times with a couple reboots inbetween.... But it worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone! New here. I just got my new ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk yesterday and I hear its a relatively new phone out on the market. But, ever since yesterday I have been trying to get this darn thing rooted, but I have had no success. I've tried Motochoper, z4Root, SRSRoot, Unlock Root and a few more I can't remember. I don't get what is up with this phone, but it seems almost impossible. It's like there is something missing. I can glitch z4Root to get it to stay for a little bit... but it's barely functional. It goes away anyway.

I am running Android 4.1.2, if that has to do with anything. If anyone needs more information to help me, please do ask. I've been at work over this for the past 26 hours and it's making my brain melt.

Thanks so much. And again, if this is in the wrong section, somebody please move it. At least that way I know I'll get more hits on this problem! =)
    Bump!

I'm really sorry for bumping, but I have to try to keep this at the top and not hidden away and forgotten. I have tried a few more methods (probably more dangerous methods) that also didn't work. I have posted elsewhere about rooting this phone but I haven't found anyone who can do it. Thanks so much. I know there is someone out there who can help! =D
    ZTE Majesty Z796C

For the simple face that this phone came out in Sept 2013, it's no wonder why an exploit hasn't been found. Also, to complicate things, it's running Android 4.1.2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've found, this is a particularly difficult one to crack. I found a video online but the root doesn't stick. When it reboots, it's gone. Very frustrating. If anyone has anything, please let me know. Can't stand not owning my device...

BTW, it does indeed have dual core processor at 1.2 GHz.
    Crazy ZTE

Wow do they really have this phone locked! I've tried everything under the sun to ROOT this device....NO GO!!!!.....Man this is kinda fun. I really do like a good challenge...
    Try This :)

Try This Guide! Visit My Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470487

& Hit THANKS :)