Minimum cpu frequency.

Search This thread

pwshadow

Apr 2, 2011
Just curious what everybody is setting their cpu minimum frequencies at. I am not too concerned with battery life so I was thinking of setting mine a little higher to keep everything as smooth as possible. Is there a risk to raising the minimum frequency?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Just curious what everybody is setting their cpu minimum frequencies at. I am not too concerned with battery life so I was thinking of setting mine a little higher to keep everything as smooth as possible. Is there a risk to raising the minimum frequency?

I think you would benefit more from choosing another governor instead :) Try intellidemand or interactive := Both of these should be better than ondemand

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013

i have mine set at 300000 so when my phone goes into deep sleep it's using little cpu power, but i also have interactive governor so that when i turn the screen on there's no delay and the kernel and cpu have what they need to be snappy.

this thread tells you all you need to know about governors and i/o schedulers.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663809