Security apk as trojan

Search This thread

mydonose

Nov 28, 2010
Hi people, be aware. A trojan with the name "security patch apk" from AOL comes as a internet link. Don't tick on it!
I installed it but bitdefender tells me a virus. Is it enough to cancel it? What would you do? Factory reset? Or only cancel this app?

Sent from my Gal4xy :)

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
Hi people, be aware. A trojan with the name "security patch apk" from AOL comes as a internet link. Don't tick on it!
I installed it but bitdefender tells me a virus. Is it enough to cancel it? What would you do? Factory reset? Or only cancel this app?

from AOL? you mean application or website ?? anyway if you didn't install that apk i don't think it will be any problem but just to be safe you can use ROM NUKE and also delete rom related folders on your external sd card.

mydonose

Nov 28, 2010
I've got a mail from my work colleague. He is on AOL. I've installed and deleted the apk with bitdefender

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
I've got a mail from my work colleague. He is on AOL. I've installed and deleted the apk with bitdefender

Ask your friend if he sent you anything, first. Most likely, not him but someone else. That would give your colleague info that his email has been compromised and/or his PC/phone has a virus on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.