Swype v1.56.30.7625 HVGA for Aria

Search This thread

jaex

Apr 21, 2010
MOD WARNING: XDA-Developers does not allow distribution of warez.

Please see this for more information. Posting any links to warez or attaching the files directly here are prohibited. Anyone found doing could face a permanent ban.

Swype v1.56.30.7625 HVGA
Swype v1.60.36.8214 HVGA - link posted by xda member

1. Your phone have to be rooted.(look at forum post for tutorial)
2. Your phone need to be able to side load apps.(look at forum post for tutorial)
2. Install Astro File Manager from Android Market.
3. Download the apk file into your microSD card.
4. use Astro File Manager to install the apk, remember to choose "Open App Manager" when you touch/click on the apk file.
5. follow instruction
6. go to any text area like mail/message/notepad. HOLD down on the text cursor. It look like this "I" blinking. Hold it down until Edit test dialog box pop up. Hit input method and choose Swype !

MOD EDIT: Warez Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
Tap-Long hold on any text input field and select "Input Method" and change it to Swype.

chris0328

Nov 6, 2009
I am kinda new to this I did have rooted G1 but it had the allow apps from unknown source button. I loaded swype on my phone and when it tries to install I still get the message that my phone does not allow apps from unknown sources. I am rooted with custom Rom can someone please tell me what I did wrong I'm sure its some small over site on my part.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
I am kinda new to this I did have rooted G1 but it had the allow apps from unknown source button. I loaded swype on my phone and when it tries to install I still get the message that my phone does not allow apps from unknown sources. I am rooted with custom Rom can someone please tell me what I did wrong I'm sure its some small over site on my part.

Did you do this part?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=708233

Also, enable installation of non-Market (untrusted) apps (sideloading):

* COMMON:
* Start the phone normally.
* Enable USB debugging (settings > applications > development > USB Debugging)
* Leave the phone running - do not reboot to Clockwork.
* adb remount
* adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db

Linux/OS X:
* echo "update secure set value = 1 where name = 'install_non_market_apps';"|sqlite3 settings.db

WINDOWS:
* echo update secure set value = 1 where name = 'install_non_market_apps';|sqlite3 settings.db

COMMON:
* adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
* Reboot phone and sideloading works. (thanks to fluffyarmada)

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
can the swype apk be downloaded via the HTC Liberty using XDA App ?

..or separate download, remove sdcard, save, reinsert into phone and use Astro ?

Troggie

Jul 6, 2010
I downloaded it to my machine and then pushed to my phone and installed with Astro. Haven't tried to download through the xda app.

SiW73

Jun 29, 2010
Thanks, works perfectly. Shame my wife instantly dismissed it as something new and weird :D