Nexus one update 2.2.2 frg83g

Search This thread

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010
Same thing happened to me. Got the popup, rebooted but it didn't go to the unpacking screen, just right back to the launcher. Was still on 2.2.1 and "checkin" didn't find any updates, and system said there were no updates to install. No more popups, either, that there was a 2.2.2 waiting.

Turned it off, yanked out the battery for 30 seconds, put it back in and turned it on... got the popup pretty quickly and tried the install again, this time it worked and I'm on 2.2.2.

same for me!
1. first notification simply reboots
2. powered off, battery pulled off
3. powered on, second notification immediately... 2.2.2!

as we know, root has gone but... how it happened?

su, busybox and Superuser.apk are still in their places with 755 permissions, it seems it's not necessary to do all the rageagainstthecage steps again... where's the deal?

julianwong22

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for the help guys. I don't know what happened but I was able to update an app tonight. An app that is on SD too. I'm not running a custom rom. Using stock.

I'm using titanium backup to move apps to my SD to help free up some extra room on my phone. Ill continue to monitor to see if I have any issues updating apps that were manually moved to SD. Btw this function worked fine on 2.2.1

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

cstyle226

Feb 28, 2006
Istanbul
I had the same issue as a few others where I got the update notification and then chose to install now, the phone rebooted but nothing happened. However, I take out the battery wait a half hour, put it back in, and nothing I do gets the notification back and I am still stuck at 2.2.1...any ideas why?

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010
same for me!
1. first notification simply reboots
2. powered off, battery pulled off
3. powered on, second notification immediately... 2.2.2!

as we know, root has gone but... how it happened?

su, busybox and Superuser.apk are still in their places with 755 permissions, it seems it's not necessary to do all the rageagainstthecage steps again... where's the deal?

think i've found my answer here

Nikos_s3

Aug 10, 2010

Nikos_s3

Aug 10, 2010
if that is so, then I think that the only way to update is to flash a prerooted 2.2.2 ROM, isn't it?

derfo

Oct 13, 2009
London, UK
I had the same issue as a few others where I got the update notification and then chose to install now, the phone rebooted but nothing happened. However, I take out the battery wait a half hour, put it back in, and nothing I do gets the notification back and I am still stuck at 2.2.1...any ideas why?
Had the same happen to me although I did not remove the battery. I got the "full" OTA update 3 days later. You will get the update, eventually...

OferR

Oct 4, 2010
Hm... Is it just me, or after the update there actually are some apps missing in the market? :confused::confused::confused:

It's not just you. You are no longer seeing all the apps that are using the (now deprecated) copy protection. Developers are removing the copy protection as they become aware that the apps are not available to 2.2.2 users.

wessonster

Jul 31, 2010
I have been unable to download apps that I had previously purchased from the market. Homerun Battle 3D full version is one such example - The full version no longer shows in the market after my Nexus One was updated to version 2.2.2

Is there a workaround for this yet other than rooting or installing a custom rom? I sent an e-mail to Com2us but they didn't respond..

Nexus One - Stock
FRG83G
Build 2.2.2

sousafrui

Apr 2, 2010
Pombal
Help needed here...

I got the system update message several days ago. But previously (as it turned out now: sadly) I removed the maps.apk from the system apps. I wasn`t able to update my nexus because a resulting error while updating (the maps.apk).

Okay no problem, I installed the maps.apk back to system apps which I pulled from an FRG83 system image from HTC`s developer site.
Reboot, maps okay, phone off, update still didn`t want to install. :eek:
I did a factory reset.
Still no luck. I`m stuck now on 2.2.1, and I worry I won`t be able to put the gingerbread update on once OTA begins.

Any ideas???
:confused:

I had the same problem updating from 2.2 to 2.2.1 (because off the same mistake - uninstalling system apps), and the only solution for me was to flash the system images I downloaded from htc developers (using fastboot - was forced to unlock the bootloader also). That did the job for me and was able after that, to update through OTA to 2.2.1 and after that to 2.2.2. Hope it helps you. Best of luck

bob.zxr

Mar 13, 2010
I had the same problem updating from 2.2 to 2.2.1 (because off the same mistake - uninstalling system apps), and the only solution for me was to flash the system images I downloaded from htc developers (using fastboot - was forced to unlock the bootloader also). That did the job for me and was able after that, to update through OTA to 2.2.1 and after that to 2.2.2. Hope it helps you. Best of luck

Yeah, I also had to do this...

hycian

Oct 1, 2009
Same thing happened to me. Got the popup, rebooted but it didn't go to the unpacking screen, just right back to the launcher. Was still on 2.2.1 and "checkin" didn't find any updates, and system said there were no updates to install. No more popups, either, that there was a 2.2.2 waiting.

Turned it off, yanked out the battery for 30 seconds, put it back in and turned it on... got the popup pretty quickly and tried the install again, this time it worked and I'm on 2.2.2.

Thanks for the tip. My phone had the same issue previously during the Froyo update, and this time around the update message popped up twice on me but failed to update on both occasions after rebooting. Just now I removed the battery and the update message prompted right away and update went on smoothly. :D

Come on Google, now where's our Gingerbread?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good work Google, this is exactly the update we've all been waiting for you to release! :p
    @vigorito

As long as you don't flash a custom recovery and a custom ROM, you will still receive OTA. However, after the next OTA, you will lose root and you will have to root again.
    Does it include the new Google Maps application?

Thanks

No, not for me anyway still 4.3.1 for me

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    There is a known issue with the stock calendar of event times shifting when travelling accros time zones. GB has introduced a fix to this issue which allows you to enter a time zone for each event. This is the only change in the GB calendar.

Looking at Android source code at android.git.kernel.org, it seems that this new code can run on Froyo, and I wondered whether it is included with 2.2.2. My question comes after inspecting the 2.2.2 .zip file which includes an update to the calendar and the calendar provider apps.

So, users of 2.2.2, have you seen a new Time Zone field option in the Calendar's Event Entry screen?
    I see. No, there is no new TZ field.
    Mine don't. Is there more alternatives to root frg83g?

Are you leaving the phone powered off until it says "waiting for device".

Sent via Tapatalk