Remove All Ads from XDA

(car audio) Parrot ASTEROID Smart

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 07:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2013, 09:14 AM |#1061  
Hi,

I've now compiled four different versions so that everyone can choose the one he likes best:
- Swipe vertical (up/down) with and without touch anywhere to change slider volume
- Swipe horizontal (left/right) with and without touch anywhere to change slider volume

Have fun with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K_Hismoom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K_Hismoom Ad-Free
2nd September 2013, 08:30 PM |#1062  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Spotify stream and download quality
Has anyone noticed that regular spotify for android has much better sound quality then Parrot version. I guess that parrot version does not use the highest quality stream (320 kbps) and files available?
Are there any chances to look from app source what stream tha app is using?
2nd September 2013, 11:24 PM |#1063  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Okay, I got a chance to play around with a brand new install of the Unika and the Asteroid Smart today. The part about the ISO 10487 is still correct. It comes from Parrot with the incorrect wiring. You'll have to swap the Constant and Switched Power accordingly. However, the DIP switch settings I mentioned is wrong. Apparently, if you have DIP Switch #2 ON/up then the Unika does NOT respond to ANY resistive inputs. So, the appropriate DIP switch setting is 1-0-0-0 for a resistive setup with the Asteroid Smart. Another thing I should point the second resistance input is AUX1 NOT V2 as I mentioned earlier. V2 doesn't even seem responsive to ANY resistance changes at all.

I tried everything. It didn't work. Maybe the unit I got is defective...

Sent from my IMAX sized Galaxy Note II using Scottsroms Cleanrom ACE.
3rd September 2013, 12:38 AM |#1064  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Here's something else that is interesting... when I run Torque, it kills all multimedia audio from the tuner, sd card and external drive. I don't know about whether or not it also affects ring tones.

The only way to get audio back is to reboot. Any ideas?

Sent from my IMAX sized Galaxy Note II using Scottsroms Cleanrom ACE.
3rd September 2013, 02:47 AM |#1065  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Hismoom

Hi,

I've now compiled four different versions so that everyone can choose the one he likes best:
- Swipe vertical (up/down) with and without touch anywhere to change slider volume
- Swipe horizontal (left/right) with and without touch anywhere to change slider volume

Have fun with it.

Hahaha, you are a champion, mate! I will check them all out. Thanks a lot.
3rd September 2013, 07:54 AM |#1066  
Flag Bodensee
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Hi,

Have fun with it.

Could you add a close-button next to the volume icon?

The greatest thing would be a media player widget within your volume control
3rd September 2013, 08:38 AM |#1067  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy87

Could you add a close-button next to the volume icon?

The greatest thing would be a media player widget within your volume control

For closing the app you could simply press the back button, or wait 3 seconds for it to close. If this value should be too long for some people I could compile a version with a shorter timeout. Just tell me.

Regarding a media player widget: I would like to keep this app as simple as possible, so it will launch very fast and have a very small memory footprint. It's only intended as a simple replacement for the stock volume control. I think adding a media player widget would bloat this app way out of proportion.
3rd September 2013, 08:54 AM |#1068  
Flag Bodensee
Thanks Meter: 27

More
@K_Hismoom

Ah, okay. Yes i know what you mean.
For having a mediaplayer widget I might be the only person, altough it would be very handy. But yes in deed, it's only sound control. Maybe for long-pressing the volume button ...

Tapping a second time on the volume icon for closing is not possible? In my case a shorter time like 2 seconds would be better I think. Or tapping besides the slider for closing.

Maybe someone else says the same

Over all: great work, very well done.
3rd September 2013, 01:31 PM |#1069  
I'm working on adding a preferences page to the app, so you can customize things like the close timeout, horizontal or vertical swipe and touch anywhere for slider change, so I don't have to compile four versions each time.
3rd September 2013, 02:32 PM |#1070  
Flag Bayside, NY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe333x

Im glad someone had the guts to do it. I didnt want to mess with the build.prop since no one else had but that's def a much easier and more permanent solution than market helper.

Well, I'll admit that it wasn't without bumps. I initially changed a few different parts of the build.prop, and the unit ended up not booting. Of course, I made a backup and luckily I could still connect to the unit adb with a laptop, so I just pushed the backup build.prop to the unit and it booted again. It turns out I only needed to edit the ro.product.model (If I remember correctly).

I also had some issues when I installed busy box, but again, connecting to the unit via the micro usb port and using adb saved me again.
3rd September 2013, 05:42 PM |#1071  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm working on adding a preferences page to the app, so you can customize things like the close timeout, horizontal or vertical swipe and touch anywhere for slider change, so I don't have to compile four versions each time.

Could you do me a favor and add the ability to toggle mute, volume up, and volume down via HID inside your app? Since the Asteroid Smart / Tablet is on Android API 10 (Gingerbread) the Generic.kl had not been implemented and the "VOLUME_MUTE" key event has not been defined. This means it cannot be placed into the qwerty.kl file or any customized keyboard file. I used a program called Key Test to make sure that the "mute" key is being recognized at a low level, and it is but doesn't appear to have a valid key event in API 10.

Mute button: Scancode: 113, Keycode: 0

Volume Down: Scancode: 114, Keycode: 25

Volume Up: Scancode: 115, Keycode: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogvo

I tried everything. It didn't work. Maybe the unit I got is defective...

Quote:

So to make sure I understand... I need to swap the hot and switched power feeds to the Unika. Set only dip switch 1 to on and connect V1 to my stereo control wire. Then I power the unit and go through the programming for the buttons. After that, connect the Asteroid and power it on. Make sure the Unika is enabled in the PAS settings and life rocks?

I only have one incoming control wire in the harness...

Okay, it sounds like you've given up since "tried everything" and "doesn't work" are very vague descriptions of the discrete symptoms and the troubleshooting attempts.

First of all, we should break it down. You have (had?) two separate problems. The first one was the power wiring which allowed/caused the Asteroid Smart to powered on while the ignition key is off while you reconnected the battery. Unfortunately, I cannot write exactly what you need to do because I believe that you had created a custom wiring interconnect for your vehicle with the Asteroid Smart. So, there could be three points in your installation where there could be a short or misconfigured; at the vehicle, at the Unika, and at the Asteroid Smart. That gives us 1 out 9 odds for the correct configuration.

I suggest that you get a multimeter and test for DC current at the end point of your vehicle's harness while the key is on and off position to make sure that you know without a doubt which wires/pins the +12V battery and +12V ignition from your car. Then you should remove the entire third-party wiring assembly from the vehicle, the Unika and the Asteroid Smart.

The next step is to test for continuity of your wiring's end points. There should be continuity on the +12V battery pin/wire at the respective end points for the vehicle, unika, asteroid smart. Now check that there is NOT continuity for +12V ignition at the end points for the vehicle and asteroid smart. Continuity for +12 ignition should only be present from the vehicle to the Unika which should be tested. Continuity of +12 Ignition for the Asteroid Smart should only exist on a separate pin/wire to the Unika and NOT the vehicle. This is because Unika uses a solid state relay to appropriately connect/disconnect the separate +12 ignition current between Vehicle to Unika wiring and Unika to Asteroid Smart wiring.

Once you have this figured out, you should be able to reconfigure your wiring so that the Asteroid Smart displays the message "Good Bye" regardless if the Unika is attached to it or not. This is important because the next step requires that you can turn off the Unika and the Asteroid Smart appropriately with the Ignition Key.

Record the resistance values of steering wheel controls before you reconnect the wiring, Unika, and Asteroid to your vehicle. You have to make sure that the values for each button are consistent and no values are repeating. This will also allow us to confirm you are connecting to the correct wire and if it is really a resistive or digital response. If you are getting consistent values and none of them repeat then check to make sure the DIP Switch setting of the Unika is set 1: ON, 2: OFF, 3: OFF, 4: OFF before installing everything back.

NOTE: You may have to connect Unika GND wire to the Ground for the Steering Wheel Control and/or connect AUX1 to ground if it doesn't respond appropriately, if you do then reset the Unika again and start over. But, start with just V1 connected to the wire that your recorded the resistance changes from to start.

At this point, reset the Unika by using the including plastic push pin in the reset hole opposite of the LED indicator. If the DIP switch is set to analog/resistance then the completed reset will shown by quick flashing red lights. It will immediately flash once after you retract the push pin. Your Unika is now in Programming Mode and the LED indicator will be off. Count the number of buttons you have on your steering wheel. The number of buttons recorded/learned will determine which mode that they will operate the Asteroid.

The Unika will learn the following functions in order; Volume Down, Volume Up, Rewind, Fast Forward, Source, Call Start, Call End, and Voice Recognition. For each button pressed, your Unika will immediately respond with a red light once it has associated the resistor value to the respective function. If your steering wheel controls does not have 8 separate buttons then you will need to hold down the last button to record it and end the programming process. The LED will turn green signifying that the programming has ended. At this point on, the Unika's will flash ORANGE anytime it senses a change in the resistance on the connected wiring which is when you press a button.

However, the Unika is still in Programming Mode, so you will need to turn off the ignition and turn it back on to operate it normally. Once you do, go into the Asteroid Smart's Settings > Remote Control > Steering Wheel Commands and check the box next to "Enable" . The Software Version and the Model will propagate accordingly. Your steering wheel controls will now operate the Asteroid Smart according to the respective mode / number of buttons.

Quote:

Here's something else that is interesting... when I run Torque, it kills all multimedia audio from the tuner, sd card and external drive. I don't know about whether or not it also affects ring tones.

The only way to get audio back is to reboot. Any ideas?

I don't know. You may have to contact the developer on that one. The first thing I would check in the Asteroid Smart is Settings > Sound > Volume and check the individual settings for each function. If you see any are zeroes, change the setting, leave the page and go back into it. If the settings are not retained between visits then there's a mute flag somewhere. Otherwise, if the settings are correct then try force closing the application from Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > [software name (Torque?)] > Stop > OK.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)