Thanks Meter: 34

By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 07:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2013, 11:37 PM |#1181  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veearrsix

I really like what you've done with this, the other volume widgets I've tried have been way to small or tried to do too much. I like the simplicity and size of your solution.

I have one suggestion though before jumping into adding the cool customisation features. It suffers from the same issue that all other volume widgets seem to have, and that is the volume jumps to where the touch is registered, meaning if your clumsy or accidentally touch near the max volume, you're likely to get a bit of a surprise.

I think it would be more useful if the volume knob didn't try to jump to the point where the touch is registered, and that it just becomes 'active' when you touch it. So the interaction would be more like touch the knob, nothing changes, but as soon as you touch it and rotate this is when the volume would change.

As it stands it's already the best volume widget I've tried, but if volume knob was a little more 'safe' for want of a better word, this would make the widget an absolute essential for all asteroid smarts.

As for customisation features, maybe the ability to theme the knob/buttons, or make the background more transparent. A source button might be nice for going straight to the active source or the source list.

Here is the update version that wont jump when you start the turn. In other words, if the delta for the angle starts from where you click. Let me know if it doesnt behave as expected, as I havent been able to test it on my unit
Attached Files
File Type: apk AsteroidVolumeExtended.apk - [Click for QR Code] (767.7 KB, 77 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to jamieb122 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamieb122 Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 05:13 PM |#1182  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieb122

Here is the update version that wont jump when you start the turn. In other words, if the delta for the angle starts from where you click. Let me know if it doesnt behave as expected, as I havent been able to test it on my unit

Hats off to you guys for the effort to make AS a better experience!

For volume control, I prefer the following setup for simplicity:

1. Use AsteroidTweaker to map "Recent Apps" button to "Volume Up"

2. Use AsteroidTweaker to map "Speaker" button to "Volume Down"

You can quickly adjust volume by keep tapping the buttons. Plus volume bar is always there.
The Following User Says Thank You to NewYorkNewYork For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NewYorkNewYork Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 06:20 PM |#1183  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNewYork

You can quickly adjust volume by keep tapping the buttons. Plus volume bar is always there.

i think that would be a good idea..don't think any of us use the recent apps button all that often
1st October 2013, 06:54 PM |#1184  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNewYork

Quote:
Originally Posted by devoidx

i think that would be a good idea..don't think any of us use the recent apps button all that often

If you have root access then you can already do this by editing the \system\usr\keylayout\ParrotVTK.kl file. This is the custom keyboard layout file which the on-screen keyboard uses to associate its scancodes to android functions.

To make the changes, you would change the associated keys 4 & 5 with the respective function, like this...
Code:
key 4     VOLUME_UP        WAKE
key 5     VOLUME_DOWN      WAKE
The functions can be any key event that is listed as API 10 or lower from the android.view.KeyEvent documentation. You can even use Parrot's custom key events from the \system\usr\keylayout\MultiCC_KBD.kl file. "SOURCE" rotates the selection in the Parrot Music App and "MEDIA_RECO" starts Voice Recognition for Music Search. It is also possible to customize the associated functions for the Unika SWC adapter since it uses the MultiCC_KBD.kl file.

(Sorry, it is taking me a while to get the wiki pages for the Asteroid setup but you can see examples from these links)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 06:54 PM |#1185  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I use that button to switch between navigator, music/spotify or Torque. If you can move the recent app to the home button. (When you hold the home button for 1sec. it could show the recent apps.) If you can also implement the possibility to close hanging apps, at the recent apps, would be perfect for me.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi2 using Tapatalk
1st October 2013, 08:49 PM |#1186  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Spirit FM tuner app?

Anyone tried it? Stock FM Tuner has problem with sound quality.
2nd October 2013, 05:15 AM |#1187  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Donaldta, thanks for the reply, very informative. Guess with the media engine references, they either had bigger aspirations than they could meet, or they're working on a solution. And even though it causes havoc with the stock tuner, I'll give the rotation thing a shot, thanks for info.

I was thinking about volume control. For me, if there were a way to automatically adjust based on speed, control inputs wouldn't be that big of a deal. I know apps like torque show gps speed, so it should be accessible. would it be possible to programmatically adjust volume with gps speed? I've never developed for android before, but if it's similar to .net it sounds like it would somewhat simple.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
2nd October 2013, 08:11 AM |#1188  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon

Donaldta, thanks for the reply, very informative. Guess with the media engine references, they either had bigger aspirations than they could meet, or they're working on a solution. And even though it causes havoc with the stock tuner, I'll give the rotation thing a shot, thanks for info.

I was thinking about volume control. For me, if there were a way to automatically adjust based on speed, control inputs wouldn't be that big of a deal. I know apps like torque show gps speed, so it should be accessible. would it be possible to programmatically adjust volume with gps speed? I've never developed for android before, but if it's similar to .net it sounds like it would somewhat simple.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

AsteroidTweaker already gives you speed dependent volume control. It's a great app. We should all donate to the author. I am not affiliated, of course.
2nd October 2013, 10:42 AM |#1189  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
If someone is interested to install(educational purposes) the acuhome.apk launcher on PAT/PAS or other android device then the procedure is following:

1) Obtain the acuhome apk from SCT plf
2) Delete META folder from apk (using 7zip or other)
3) Decompile using tools form xda forums (android multitool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326604)
4) Delete android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system" from manifest.xml
5) Re-Sign using sign tools available from xda forums( auto sign apk for example )
6) Install to system/app folder then later after boot delete the acuhome.apk from system folder - android moves the app to data/app folder during first boot. If you dont delete it it will generate error and wont launch.
7) Do not set it as default launcher launcher because it may not run properly at first install

Additional tasks with non asteroid devices:

Copy asteroid files from system/framework folder (com.parrot. apk-s and jar-s)
Copy file from system/etc/permissions folder (com.parrot.asteroid.xml)

Do not set it as default launcher launcher because it may not run properly at first.

Now show your skills to modify the app for PAS/PAT for better performance and fixed permissions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaanusj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaanusj Ad-Free
2nd October 2013, 02:34 PM |#1190  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinster

AsteroidTweaker already gives you speed dependent volume control. It's a great app. We should all donate to the author. I am not affiliated, of course.

I need to read more and post less, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
2nd October 2013, 06:43 PM |#1191  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinster

Yep he posts in the parrot UK forum IIRC and the speed volume settings are customizable. I had to do some conversion to mph but works great. I do like the reboot feature as well, which sadly I use more than I think i should be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)