[Q] About unlock the bootloader.

Search This thread

monkey1860

Feb 14, 2011
hi guys .I have a V500,and I had flashed the TWRP on my device. And then I flashed a custom rom such as cm11. But ,in my opinion ,many phones flash roms must unlock the bootloader first . and then flash the recovery etc. But why our v500 don't have to unlcok the bootloader ?
Does LG provide the offical bootloader unlock service? Thanks.:angel:

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
hi guys .I have a V500,and I had flashed the TWRP on my device. And then I flashed a custom rom such as cm11. But ,in my opinion ,many phones flash roms must unlock the bootloader first . and then flash the recovery etc. But why our v500 don't have to unlcok the bootloader ?

Lg make their devices with locked bootloaders in contrary to asus nexus for example who allow you very easily to unlock the bootloader. Developers use a hack named loki to bypass the bootloader and allow us to flash custom roms and recoveries. Thats why you see a message if you re on a custom rom everytime you open your tablet, it means that loki is working fine at that moment. If we had unlocked bootloaders we wouldnt see that message as there would be no need for loki.

monkey1860

Feb 14, 2011
Lg make their devices with locked bootloaders in contrary to asus nexus for example who allow you very easily to unlock the bootloader. Developers use a hack named loki to bypass the bootloader and allow us to flash custom roms and recoveries. Thats why you see a message if you re on a custom rom everytime you open your tablet, it means that loki is working fine at that moment. If we had unlocked bootloaders we wouldnt see that message as there would be no need for loki.

Oh,I see. Thank you very much.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.