GPS keeps searching

Search This thread

I-TensE-I

Apr 21, 2014
Vancouver
It seems random but when I enable data sometimes the GPS icon will show up and it says searching using GPS. I have no apps open that would use GPS I even tried disabling it and putting the phone on airplane mode and it won't go away. Only a reboot gets rid of it. What could be causing this? How do I fix it cuz it's really annoying and drains my battery. I'm running a goldeneye ROM 4.4.2 but this problem started pretty recently. Any ideas?

Last edited:

I-TensE-I

Apr 21, 2014
Vancouver
Too small amount of data needed. It may be caused by ANY app you have installed which:
a) starts with system in background;
b) uese the : Access_location_fine permission

Install permissions denied or other permissions explorer and look for it.

I'll try with the permissions but like I said it shows up at random not after boot up. So if it was a startup program it would be there all the time. Is there any app that can show which apps are currently using the GPS?

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
I'll try with the permissions but like I said it shows up at random not after boot up. So if it was a startup program it would be there all the time. Is there any app that can show which apps are currently using the GPS?

Disagree.app can look for location to change the add (if localized), therefore can be random.

Of course, you can filter the apps by permissions it uses in most of permissions managers/explorers.