[Q] Rooting on new Note 3's?

Search This thread

crazy talk

Jun 17, 2009
Not sure what firmware is on shipping Note 3's right now. But if i buy a new one from a T-mobile store in the next week what firmware will be on it? Can that out of the box firmware package be fully rooted and run AOSP ROM's?

Speaking of that, It appears if different levels of root are a thing right now, rooted stock that maintains KNOX and full blown rooted with TWRP that sets a KNOX 0X1. Is this correct? are both of these options on new Note 3's right now?

I know the search is a powerful tool, and I can find various guides for rooting different firmwares. But i have no idea what firmware is currently on new phones.

Thanks for the help.

mmeeeekkss

Nov 6, 2007
I just got a note 3 couple days ago. The firmware is 4.4.2. You can root and flash a aosp. But you're gonna trip the Knox to 0x1. I just said f it and did it lol. I was tired of twiz and all the bloated tmo apps.

Sent from my hlte using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: crazy talk

crazy talk

Jun 17, 2009
I just got a note 3 couple days ago. The firmware is 4.4.2. You can root and flash a aosp. But you're gonna trip the Knox to 0x1. I just said f it and did it lol. I was tired of twiz and all the bloated tmo apps.

That's what I was looking to hear. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.