What is this phone all about???

Search This thread

noob_2010

Sep 10, 2010
Anchorage
I gave my wife the evo and got this upgrade since i added her to my account.....like where is the support?
It seems to be just another 4g average sprint phone as of now

Moto photon

willysp

Apr 6, 2010
I sure hope you're just trying to troll considering the dozens of topics in this forum stating why this phone is amazing.

+Battery life
+Signal strength
+Processing speed
+Memory
+Webtop
+Full HDMI mirroring

etc..etc..

Well said - the OP Does appear to just be trolling ... just expressing general negativity with no details.

For me, I am Quite impresssed with 2 updates already. This is quite a nice phone.

noob_2010

Sep 10, 2010
Anchorage
Trolling? What are you 17...

Anyhow, this phone makes me wanna go back to the evo because atlease i stayed on 3g but this phone would put me on verizon 1x network when im here in the city with 4 to 5 bars of sprint but 6 bars of verizon coverage. Im like dude really. ....then this phone doesnt have a boot up sound im like really

Moto photon

Kevets

Mar 20, 2010
I never thought about a startup sound; I'm rarely sitting at a boot screen.

willysp

Apr 6, 2010
Trolling? What are you 17...

Anyhow, this phone makes me wanna go back to the evo because atlease i stayed on 3g but this phone would put me on verizon 1x network when im here in the city with 4 to 5 bars of sprint but 6 bars of verizon coverage. Im like dude really. ....then this phone doesnt have a boot up sound im like really

Moto photon

Any reason you didn't post that info in your first post? Without that info - yes, sounded like trolling. Respectfully suggest you provide fact-based info, not just vague emotion, when you start a thread.

What happens when you set "Sprint Only" as your CDMA selection? In my experience, I'd prefer the phone at least acknowledge that it's roaming when the Sprint signal is poor! :) My Photon often tells me it's roaming when I'm at home (where Sprint signal is weak); my EVO 4G/3D never told me I was roaming but instead would drop calls.

You want a bootup sound? Mine does make a sound when booting - do you have ringer & media volume on? For me - if my phone boots only once every 2 weeks, I'm happy.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

I never thought about a startup sound; I'm rarely sitting at a boot screen.

I want my phone to :
1 - rarely need to be booted; unless I want to
2 - boot fast enough that I barely notice it

My Photon satisfies both of the above :)

ScandaLeX

Feb 27, 2007
PhiLLy
I gave my wife the evo and got this upgrade since i added her to my account.....like where is the support?

Moto photon

Maybe I'm just very different from many of you who are quick to jump on a person if you deem them a troll. I took this post to mean just what he asked.....where is the support? As in how other phones have developers living on the forum.

"It seems to be just another 4g average sprint phone as of now".....I took this to mean that with the little to no mention of the photon, it could very well just be another ordinary phone is sprints arsenal of phones.

I don't think the OP was trolling....he just wasn't as detailed as you veterans. :rolleyes:

megan23247

May 22, 2010
Texas
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Wow really...instead of answer the question everyone just calls him names and makes him feel dumb. Weird.

I'll give u my opinion...It took me about two weeks to finally start appreciating how awesome my photon is. It had its kinks and a few things I had to get used to BUT now I love it. It has the fastest google maps I've ever used, the screen is the perfect size, the UI is unique and not so 'kiddish' like the samsung and htc sense are, I could go on.

I will say that the Photon is a harder phone for me to sell at wk people are always going straight to the Evo, but the customers of mine that have gotten the photon are always saying how happy they are with it.

Sent from my Photon on the Now network.

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
Well if you look in the Dev section, there is plenty of support. we have a custom kernal with overclock. Three ROM's, a CM7 project in the works. So how is that not support? Perhaps it's not as much as the Evo (which is more popular, god knows why) so for what we have, I'd suggest you look around a bit more before making snide remarks with no basis to back it up. :)

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

And on a side note. Look how long the Evo has been out, and look how long the Photon has been out. Something else to take into account too. :rolleyes:

Reactions: oxmis

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com

Moto photon

Take a rooted Evo, add:
  • extended battery
  • battery saving mods galore
  • 1.2Ghz OC
  • FullHDMI/HDMwIn
  • Evo Desktop PC

and it still falls short of what the Photon does OUT OF THE BOX. This is pretty much the case with every other phone Sprint carries (not sure about the GSII yet as I'm still waiting for mine to come in). Toss in that the core HW is around 6 months old (think Atrix w/ CDMA radios) and is second only to the GSII in performance, it's far from average. Keep in mind that with the core hardware being so very close to the Atrix, we're already using things from Atrix development with little to no changes.

stesh725

Mar 21, 2010
Middletown
I sure hope you're just trying to troll considering the dozens of topics in this forum stating why this phone is amazing.

+Battery life
+Signal strength
+Processing speed
+Memory
+Webtop
+Full HDMI mirroring

etc..etc..

basically what i would say......and also the fact it has been updated twice....i guess the Google Moto merge might be a great factor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well if you look in the Dev section, there is plenty of support. we have a custom kernal with overclock. Three ROM's, a CM7 project in the works. So how is that not support? Perhaps it's not as much as the Evo (which is more popular, god knows why) so for what we have, I'd suggest you look around a bit more before making snide remarks with no basis to back it up. :)

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

And on a side note. Look how long the Evo has been out, and look how long the Photon has been out. Something else to take into account too. :rolleyes: