Car Dock

Search This thread

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
I have a nice dvd slot mount that grabs the sides of the phone with foam covered retractable arms, but the Z Ultra with its power/volume in the center is a little hard to use. I use waze and google navigation a bunch and would be nice to find something that holds this in the car somehow.

Have you guys found any creative solutions?

cholepuree1

May 24, 2008
I have a nice dvd slot mount that grabs the sides of the phone with foam covered retractable arms, but the Z Ultra with its power/volume in the center is a little hard to use. I use waze and google navigation a bunch and would be nice to find something that holds this in the car somehow.

I am using the infiniapps magnetic mount. It works great! Ofcourse, it depends on if your phone is naked, in a bumper, or in a case. I'm currently using the incipio feather case and have stuck the metal plates to the case itself (not my phone). and It holds really well. With the infiniapps mount, you'll only get one adhesive plate so I bought an additional one as well. See pictures for how I've attached the plates. I'll upload a picture of the phone mounted tomorrow.

infiniapps mount - i bought it on sale for $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/InfiniApps-Sm...TF8&qid=1381339071&sr=8-1&keywords=infiniapps

Additional metal plates
http://www.amazon.com/iMagnet-Rectangular-Metal-Adhesive-Mount/dp/B00BSAD7ZQ/ref=pd_sim_cps_1

cholepuree1

May 24, 2008
Here are pics

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382117058576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382117058576.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,877
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382117070156.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382117070156.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,843

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
So you have to put a plate on front and back of your case?

I don't use a case currently. I'm assuming I could just stick one of these pads to the back of the phone?
Are they really secure going over big bumps and stuff like that?

cholepuree1

May 24, 2008
Yeah I put plates on the case because I didn't want to stick anything to the phone. It would obviously be lighter without a case, and thus hold better if you stuck it to the phone. It's been really secure over bumps and at high speeds. Held perfectly during a 7 hr drive last week.

Flavio

Reactions: SpyderTracks

Peter N

Jan 22, 2012
Louisiana
I have the InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount also. Best phone mount ever. CD players are usually in the best location for viewing. I had cup, dash mounts, they were terrible. I used the sticky metal plate and attached it to the back of a case. Also magnetic attachment makes for quick removal of the phone when you want to check a message etc...

Last edited:

Jimmy2u

Sep 26, 2013
California

Hi can you post some pics of it...???

julz

Mar 17, 2007
www.julianjwong.com
Cool these look good. Just found another one which is cheaper than the others $12.99 + $2.99 delivery. Looks like it does the same thing and will also fit the Z Ultra (checked the dimensions). Link

Is there any risk that the CD slot ones will damage the CD player? Is the slot strong enough to handle the weight of the Xperia Z Ultra?

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
...., but the Z Ultra with its power/volume in the center is a little hard to use. I use waze and google navigation a bunch and would be nice to find something that holds this in the car somehow.

I had same problem with those centered power/volume button and I found this -epay #251340401428-, look at seller's other items there are few kinds of mounting type for X ZU. I bought one and still waiting for the parcel so cannot review yet.

Flavio

I had same problem with those centered power/volume button and I found this -epay #251340401428-, look at seller's other items there are few kinds of mounting type for X ZU. I bought one and still waiting for the parcel so cannot review yet.

I already have this car holder and it works fine. It keeps the phone firmly in place and it is easy to put in and take out.

Style68

Apr 8, 2006
New York
I am using the infiniapps magnetic mount. It works great! Ofcourse, it depends on if your phone is naked, in a bumper, or in a case. I'm currently using the incipio feather case and have stuck the metal plates to the case itself (not my phone). and It holds really well. With the infiniapps mount, you'll only get one adhesive plate so I bought an additional one as well. See pictures for how I've attached the plates. I'll upload a picture of the phone mounted tomorrow.

infiniapps mount - i bought it on sale for $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/InfiniApps-Sm...TF8&qid=1381339071&sr=8-1&keywords=infiniapps

Additional metal plates
http://www.amazon.com/iMagnet-Rectangular-Metal-Adhesive-Mount/dp/B00BSAD7ZQ/ref=pd_sim_cps_1

Does it stay in place while driving and when hitting potholes or bumps?

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
It does hold very strong, I just got one of these. I hate cases on my phone but I put one on so I could attach the metal plate to the inside of the case. It has never fallen off on even the biggest bumps.

I am still deciding if I want to just stick the plate to the back of my phone... I wonder how easy it is to get the adhesive off the back glass if I ever wanted to remove it...

cholepuree1

May 24, 2008
Yes is holds really well. Just had a 6hr drive this morning!

Edit: Here is a picture of how it looks while driving.

Attachments

• 20131103_165730.jpg
    20131103_165730.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 1,417
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,373
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 1,298
Last edited:
Reactions: pckoloji

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Just wanted to say that I just bought this:
Scosche stuckUP

Its early to tell but the quality feels solid compared to the many ebay cheapo one that end up breaking in no time.
The whole things just feel quality..and for the price it better! lol
Several ways to use it...I went with Windshield for now. Holds the phone very tightly and during the trip its very stable.
Also, I did not even have to remove the flip case I have which makes it seem a lot bulkier so I feel it will do great with either the CP12 or any of those battery/case combinations.
Happy to finally have my phone up there even if it blocks most of my view! LOL

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
I have come to the conclusion that a universal mount for a small tablet is the ideal car mount, so I have been looking at ebay for ones designed for the Nexus 7, Memopad 7 and Samsung Tab 7, and then checking that they can be adjusted small enough for the XZU.

this one in particular looks appropriate:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160672229905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
it's a little bit more expensive than I'd expect for a simple product, but I've not seen a similar unit.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
The one I bought above works excellent, it is for phones but depends on what you like.
I am very happy with the quality compared to all the crap I bought before lol

blah123456

Jul 1, 2007
Microsoft Surface Duo
I have one of the Imagnet mounts in my F350 I used with another phone. I checked the Z Ultra and it sticks to it without needing the metal plate attached to the back of the phone. Right under the camera area inside the phone is enough metal that the magnet works fine. I have driven with it in that bouncy old truck and it does not come off or move around at all. The only bad thing is the metal is not centered so the phone only sits in portrait orientation. But it beats having to stick a metal plate to the back of the phone.

I like it because I am in and out a lot through the day and it is quick and easy to just toss the phone onto the magnet then just grab it off there when I need it. I have not tried it with a power cable attached but most likely it will just make it tilt over a bit depending on how much the power cable hangs down I guess. With the battery life of this phone it has not been something I have needed compared to the Mega 6.3 that would go dead much quicker streaming slacker radio over bluetooth than this beast of a phone. Most likely the charger cable would have to be supported in some way to keep it from making the phone lean to one side.

Reactions: Vanquiz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using this one.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281172219396?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

It's the only customfit car holder for the Ultra I could find. When in the car I remove my Ultra from the Nillkin case and put it in the holder. I use it for navigation quite a lot and I hate it when the phone is loose in the car holder which is the case with most universal clamp style holders.
    Yes is holds really well. Just had a 6hr drive this morning!

Edit: Here is a picture of how it looks while driving.

I have one of the Imagnet mounts in my F350 I used with another phone. I checked the Z Ultra and it sticks to it without needing the metal plate attached to the back of the phone. Right under the camera area inside the phone is enough metal that the magnet works fine. I have driven with it in that bouncy old truck and it does not come off or move around at all. The only bad thing is the metal is not centered so the phone only sits in portrait orientation. But it beats having to stick a metal plate to the back of the phone.

I like it because I am in and out a lot through the day and it is quick and easy to just toss the phone onto the magnet then just grab it off there when I need it. I have not tried it with a power cable attached but most likely it will just make it tilt over a bit depending on how much the power cable hangs down I guess. With the battery life of this phone it has not been something I have needed compared to the Mega 6.3 that would go dead much quicker streaming slacker radio over bluetooth than this beast of a phone. Most likely the charger cable would have to be supported in some way to keep it from making the phone lean to one side.
    Anyone seen this...

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/01/...artphone-into-an-in-car-entertainment-system/

Now that's an accessory! It shall be mine.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I just use one of the DK30 magnetic docks in my car, on a sticky mat on my dashboard and connected to a standard car usb power plug. You need a fairly flat dashboard but it's secure, been using it like that for a year and it's never fallen out... Nice and easy to drop the phone in and grab back out. :good: