Xperia Play Flex Cable broken?

Search This thread

ryanperez

Aug 21, 2013
My phone is showing gray static with dots. Is the flex cable the root of the problem? The problem will disappear when I slide down the gamepad but comes back again when I slide it inside again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

(c)PyroKirby (It's the same as my phone screen)

Is the flex cable is the problem?

eddynoob

May 4, 2014
Strangest problem with camera

Broken flex cable. Buy a new one and replace it.

hi guys..thanks for replying..it was indeed a flex cable problem..i managed to replace the flex cable with a friend's help and by following youtube vids..now although my slider and screen are back to normal I've a strange and peculiar problem of which i never heard of and still couldnt find any solution to..my camera app is acting totally weird ..it can record a video and play it but it cant take a pic..i mean it appears to click a pic..but i can't review it and it doesn't even appear anywhere in the gallery( unlike the vid )..and whats more strange is the front cam takes pics and saves in the sd only the rear cam is having the problem and also the camera app becomes unresponsive afterwards...
:confused::confused:
list of stuff i check
1.checked with different sd cards
2. tried other camera apps..same result
3. changed roms/kernels
4.fully re-flashed stock re locked bootloader

i even checkd with the xperia diagnostic tool ..all the sensors..touches..touchpads ..evrythings working..but whenever i click on camera it fcs.

Please please help me out!!!:crying::crying:

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I'd try to dissasemble the phone yet again and make sure that you haven't messed up any of the connections. Those cables are really tiny. Also check whether one of them is not broken. When I replaced my flex cable the digitizer cable got a small crack. Had to buy a new one. My friend actually messed up and I have no idea whether he broke it or it broke by itself, so check that.

Please remember to reply with quotes so I'd get a notification about it :)

Reactions: eddynoob

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
Olokos is right. You must have missplaced flex cable from rear camera while reassembling. Just open it again, but only lower part (where motherboard is, should be easy), and remove and instert camera flex cable again

eddynoob

May 4, 2014
Olokos is right. You must have missplaced flex cable from rear camera while reassembling. Just open it again, but only lower part (where motherboard is, should be easy), and remove and instert camera flex cable again

Hi,thanks for replying man.I checked the camera flex was already inserted properly ..still re-did it but didn't work.:(
I guess iwill have take it to Sony service center tmorow.Btw do i need to re lock the bootloader before i hand over the phone to the service center right?

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
Hi,thanks for replying man.I checked the camera flex was already inserted properly ..still re-did it but didn't work.:(
I guess iwill have take it to Sony service center tmorow.Btw do i need to re lock the bootloader before i hand over the phone to the service center right?

I guess it would be good idea to flash Stock firmware and relock bootloader if you know how (i don't).

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

eddynoob

May 4, 2014
I guess it would be good idea to flash Stock firmware and relock bootloader if you know how (i don't).

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

hehe u r kidding right?..:p...cuz i know you dev people are geniuses
anyway here's that thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1134334..

..so i just got back frm the service center..missing my xplay already.
The service guy was as confused as me when i showed him the problem and yes i relocked the bootloader before giving the phn to them..actually few months back a friend's phone was rejected a paid service cuz he had his bl unlocked :confused: ..i dont know why ..but they use seus or emma tool maybe to flash stock fw to solve the common users software problems ..i think thats their preliminary to troubleshoot a device,and also seus displays "the user has modified the device' or something similar kind of message so i did it just to be safe...hope they find out whats wrong with my phone and fix it...

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
hehe u r kidding right?..:p...cuz i know you dev people are geniuses
anyway here's that thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1134334..

..so i just got back frm the service center..missing my xplay already.
The service guy was as confused as me when i showed him the problem and yes i relocked the bootloader before giving the phn to them..actually few months back a friend's phone was rejected a paid service cuz he had his bl unlocked :confused: ..i dont know why ..but they use seus or emma tool maybe to flash stock fw to solve the common users software problems ..i think thats their preliminary to troubleshoot a device,and also seus displays "the user has modified the device' or something similar kind of message so i did it just to be safe...hope they find out whats wrong with my phone and fix it...
Please ask them what happened after they fix it. It's really interesting :p

eddynoob

May 4, 2014
Please ask them what happened after they fix it. It's really interesting :p

@olokos haha ya sure..even m really curious to know....but theres a bit of info that i think could be imp and im sorry i missed out on that while i posted here at the first place...the thing is that since i didnt get the flex cable individually anywhere so i ordered the whole slider board from ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Flat-Cab...ny-Ericsson-Play-R800-Phone-OEM-/281330850312.

my friend who helped me fix the slider flex cable replaced that whole part and took the front cam and its flex from the old one and attached to the new one cuz the new one was missing the front cam..and after putting up the phone together during the first time front cam was inverted and rear wasnt working,so he reopened and placed the front cam correctly to get it right..

and as I posted before the front cam is working fine since then...so could it be in any way the real problem behind my back camera not functioning.
:confused::confused:...
and i didnt mentioned all these to service guy :(

Last edited:

eddynoob

May 4, 2014
New problem

hi all..

bad news :(:(..i got it back frm service center today..they couldn't get it fixed..said there might be a problem with the eeprom ac or the circuits near to it (idk what it means)..then i thought to myself i can live without the cam and brought the phone home..now upon charging the screen is getting ghost touches i mean the touch screen has gone automatic since i switched it on..( though the ts was working fine when i tried it in service center)...

whats possibly wrong with it now.??..pls help guys..

eddynoob

May 4, 2014
whereas I know what are the circuits I've got no idea what do you mean by eeprom "AC".

@olokos .. i have zero idea about circuits man..i just wrote what the service guy told me...:(..

can u pls tell me me about the touchscreen problem that m facing currently..the screen behaves like it being pressed all the time..this happens randomly though but more when charging

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
@olokos .. i have zero idea about circuits man..i just wrote what the service guy told me...:(..

can u pls tell me me about the touchscreen problem that m facing currently..the screen behaves like it being pressed all the time..this happens randomly though but more when charging

I also had this problem. I can't tell for sure where the problem is, but I'd suggest you to take a really close look at the digitizer flex cable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Broken flex cable. Buy a new one and replace it.
    Yes I'm 99.9999% sure its the flex cable

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
    You need to buy a flex cable and replace it
    I'd try to dissasemble the phone yet again and make sure that you haven't messed up any of the connections. Those cables are really tiny. Also check whether one of them is not broken. When I replaced my flex cable the digitizer cable got a small crack. Had to buy a new one. My friend actually messed up and I have no idea whether he broke it or it broke by itself, so check that.

Please remember to reply with quotes so I'd get a notification about it :)