[PRJ] Linux and Android for CDMA Diamond (DIAM500)

Search This thread

maury1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2009
Austin, Tx
where is the data.img file?

where is the data.img file?

Ok lets start over and make sure im doing this right...
i just from the phone reformated my internal storage now to copy the files
from the android file i have the files .Androidapps, Calibration, calibration diamond, conf, haret,initrd.gz, media, system.sqsh
from the file mr pippy provided i have all of those. the folder that has 3 and just the rootfs

is that right, then all i do is go into the internal storage and run haret, it opens does abunch of writing then i get that error.

ok ...first you need to extract those files from the android build and also extract the rootfs from that pack....then just extract mr pippys files that are in the folder to the root of the internal storage (modules..,zImage, and startup.txt)

(the data.img is created once you run haret and it is going to contain some files that are used for a faster load, however , if you get an error you just need to delete that file

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
im going to do a hard resset and see if it works

Last edited:

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
doing a hard reset did not help at all.

i take that back, i got the keyboard to come up but when i try to type the thing lavender.t suggested i type one letter and it spits out a bunch of info.

Last edited:

maury1234

Dec 16, 2009
Austin, Tx
its not a poblem with your phone....its with the files...all files have to be in the root and the rootfs has to be the one in the android build at connect-utb.com
hope this helps

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
they are and it is, i still get that stupid error. Do you think reformatting the internal storage with the HP program would help?

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
From linux, if the phone mounts as "/dev/sdb2", you can run "mkdosfs -I /dev/sdb", which should reformat it.
Of course, if the device name is different, change it in mkdosfs.

i believe mine is mounting with 2 patiotions if i run the command sudo fdisk -l i get the harddrive info and then a few lines down i get what i think is the info about my device
/dev/sdc1 & /dev/sdc5. these corospond to the error when booting linux. under system in termial the first one is listed under system as extended and the second as w95 fat32

I try to run mkdos -I sdc5 and it says permission denied, how can i give "everyone" permission to read and write?

here is a screen shot

Screenshot.png

Last edited:

agentmikeyd

Dec 2, 2007
do mrpippys .zip files work with the new 2.0 eclair? there is no calibration_diamond file in that build...

help!

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
interesting, i found 5 partitions on the disk, i deleted all but one, reformatted it fat 32 tried booting, fail, went back to check the partitions and the 5 are there again. has anyone gotten on a mac gotten this to boot?

Last edited:

goldengraham

Sep 8, 2008
Hey Mr. Pippy,
I've tried you'r'e DIAM500 files with the new eclair build and it will boot up properly but the speaker/mic doesnt work, and the dialer isn't as usable. If you want me to test anything you're working on let me know.

GG

MrPippy

Jul 19, 2008
Long Beach, CA, USA
i believe mine is mounting with 2 patiotions if i run the command sudo fdisk -l i get the harddrive info and then a few lines down i get what i think is the info about my device
/dev/sdc1 & /dev/sdc5. these corospond to the error when booting linux. under system in termial the first one is listed under system as extended and the second as w95 fat32

I try to run mkdos -I sdc5 and it says permission denied, how can i give "everyone" permission to read and write?

You need to run it as root: 'sudo mkdosfs -I /dev/sdc'. That should fix it.

MrPippy

Jul 19, 2008
Long Beach, CA, USA
Hey Mr. Pippy,
I've tried you'r'e DIAM500 files with the new eclair build and it will boot up properly but the speaker/mic doesnt work, and the dialer isn't as usable. If you want me to test anything you're working on let me know.

Thanks for the offer, I've tested a newer kernel on eclair and the sound is working as it did in Donut, though it seems less stable to me. I'm out of town until next week though, and I'll post a kernel then.

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
I AM AT A LOSS HERE!!!!!!! I TRIED, NOTHING HAPPENS I GET ALL SORTS OF ERRORS. I have access to windows to some degree now, parallels.is there any way i can just start over!!! i dont care what i lose!!!!!!1

maury1234

Dec 16, 2009
Austin, Tx
I AM AT A LOSS HERE!!!!!!! I TRIED, NOTHING HAPPENS I GET ALL SORTS OF ERRORS. I have access to windows to some degree now, parallels.is there any way i can just start over!!! i dont care what i lose!!!!!!1

you need patience for this...and your friend is google...try researching your error or any question you have...

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
YAY!!!! i got it now, i used that hp disk format tool, thanks you to all that helped with this!! if any one else has this problem simply open hp disk format tool and reformat at fat32. just google hp disk format tool. it is for windows. it does work in vmware and most likely parallels of your on a mac.

Last edited:

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
is there a workaround for the blue square yet?

does anyone know what it only boots about half the time or is that still a problem?
as in after the scrolling text you get to the screen that says android, and stays for about 30 seconds then boots back into wm

Last edited:

maury1234

Dec 16, 2009
Austin, Tx
is there a workaround for the blue square yet?

does anyone know what it only boots about half the time or is that still a problem?
as in after the scrolling text you get to the screen that says android, and stays for about 30 seconds then boots back into wm

thats a problem.
TO REMOVE THE LITTLE BLUE SQUARE:
you have to edit the startup.txt
(where it says "msmvkeyb_toggle=hide" to "msmvkeyb_toggle=off")
FOR YOUR PROBLEM:
try changing the rootfs or the zimage or the drivers ....(there are some at connect-utb.com )
or even delete all the android build and extract it again on the inernal storage

Last edited:

mjb94

Jul 15, 2009
is it a know error that the calibration tool gets the error that it has stoped unexpectadly (process com.htc.android.htcime)

also the dialer is to large as well as the landscape qwerty keyboard

nevermond im going to to stop posting errors i assume everyone knows them and theres alot but it will get there, looks very good, thatnk you all!!!!

Last edited: