Hi VPAFan,

I also changed

Code:
<ShowYearsOnOff value="show years" />

to

Code:
<ShowYearsOnOff value="Zeige Jahreszahl" />

as it lacked the translation.

Moreover I changed all leading characters to capital characters in menues and changed all characters following a colon into capital as well (in order to conform to German spelling). That is just a question of personal taste though.

Cheers,

tedstryker

P.S.: If you want to have an overview over all changes you might want to try www texte-vergleichen de. You can paste the original German language part and my modified version. All changes will be indicated.

P.P.S.: In the English language part is a typo at

Code:
<AnniversaryYear value="year of anniresary" />

It should be

Code:
<AnniversaryYear value="year of anniversary" />
instead.

Hi tedstryker,

thx for this.

greetz

Megolk

Feb 28, 2009
hey VPAFan, can you please add in "Calendar Entry" the Option to set the spezial "Category"
I would like to do, my entries in the "anniversary" or "birthday"

and how can I put entries for next year?

Last edited:

hungelt8

Feb 5, 2009
i am no kidding.... i got over 500 contacts in my phone book.. the app takes about 10 secs to launch............

SoParanoid

Sep 30, 2010
Hi,
sorry I have 2 problems:

1-I can't see the picture of the contacts that I associated to facebook;

2- ( most important ) why I can't see the reminder on the tab on the main page of my phone, 1 day before ( as per all the other normal appointment )??

Thanks to all
have a nice day
Ricky

selukwe

Sep 15, 2010
Bratislava Slovakia
Manila Birthday reminder setting

Manila Birthday is displaying a reminder window for every loaded event (birthday or anniversary) with annoying sound notification at 9,00 o'clock on my HD2 - the day before the event and also on the day when the event happens. I don't like this reminder and for me it is enough to see the event shown on the front screen withing the Calendar area. How to disable this reminder or change its timing? I was unable to find the setting where this can be handled.

Last edited:

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
Manila Birthday is displaying a reminder window for every loaded event (birthday or anniversary) at 9,00 o'clock on my HD2 - the day before the event and also on the day when the event happens. I don't like this reminder and for me it is enough to see the event on the front screen withing the Calendar. How to disable this reminder or change its timing? I was unable to find the setting where this can be handled.

Hi selukwe,

just deactivat the reminder in settings/reminder.

greetz

SoParanoid

Sep 30, 2010
sorry,
I have a problem,

why if I put the alarm for "all the day" I can't see it on the home...
for ex, my friend's birthday is today:

- if I put appointment "all the day" nothing appears on the principal home

- if I put appointment "from 0:01 to 23:59" I can see the appointment on the home all the day...

somebody could explain me how can I see on the first home the birthady without put everytime "from 0:01 to 23:59"??

thanks
have a nice day
Ricky

skosturik

May 27, 2008
New idea for programming HD2 application

Hello friend.

Yesterday I discovered your great app "Manila Birthday" and I believe that you could write as well as other applications.

In my car I use navigation and a video camera in the HTV HD2 is yet unused. Do you think that you could write an application that would run in the background while navigating and store in a file on an SD card-hour continuous record from a car events. It would be particularly beneficial for the documentation of any accident situation. Such a program would certainly be welcomed by all drivers, because they would save a lot of money for the purchase of specialized security cameras in the car.

Have a nice day - Svatopluk Kosturik

SoParanoid

Sep 30, 2010
sorry,
I have a problem,

why if I put the alarm for "all the day" I can't see it on the home...
for ex, my friend's birthday is today:

- if I put appointment "all the day" nothing appears on the principal home

- if I put appointment "from 0:01 to 23:59" I can see the appointment on the home all the day...

somebody could explain me how can I see on the first home the birthady without put everytime "from 0:01 to 23:59"??

thanks
have a nice day
Ricky

nobody can help me ??

chrisper

Feb 8, 2009
How can I change my Date Time-Format from dd.MM.yy to dd.MM.yyyy?

Hi Budniu,
this is aproblem with "regional settings". Did you change you DateTime-Format?
Try to edit your ManilaBirthdayConfig.xml

<UseFirstDate value=true />
<FirstDate value="01.01.1901" />

I hope this helps.

greetz

I've got the same problem with Manila Birthday for Leo v2.8.3
First I edited my ManilaBirthdayConfig.xml to
<FirstDate value="01.01.1901" />
but the Exception message appears again, then I tried the following
<FirstDate value="01.01.01" />
after that ManilaBirthday runs without the Exception Massage, but only shows Birthdays/Anniversaries with the Date 01.01.2001 and younger but no Dates before (most of my Birthdays/Anniversaries are out of 1901-1999). So I searched for editing the Date Time-Format on my HTC-HD2 and found in WinMobile 6.5 "Einstellungen/Ländereinstellungen/Datum kurz:" (short Date) just the following:
dd.MM.yy
d.MM.yy and so on,
but it is not possible to change it to: dd.MM.yyyy
so what can I do else, please help me.
The funny thing is, that Manila Birthday worked for a while without any Problems, so I can say as well "This program is wonderful", but I even don't know what I've done in between to kill it :confused:
cu
Chris

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
The development is stopped !

The development is stopped !

But feel free to use it as it is.

Thx to all guys who supported me with translations.
Thx to all of you who gave me feedback with error-reports and new ideas.
Thx to all of you who gave me a donation.

greets VPAFan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With the HD2, you can link contacts to facebook profiles. The birthday is grabbed from their facebook profile, however Manila Birthday doesn't recognize this. Is there a way to recognize the birthday fields that were pulled from facebook?

Hi Foschi91,

please search and/or read the thread. There is everything said about Facebook contacts.

greetz