[Q] I'm in desperate. My touch screen is go crazy.

Search This thread

sof1988

Jul 25, 2013
I've buy ainol novo 10 hero quad a few month ago. Few days ago when I was flashing the firmware But i've instal the wrong firmware from Ainol novo 10 Ethernal. It onn's but the touchscreen was "crazy" it was inverted, to push the button on the down left corner of the screen I must touch in the same spot in the upper right corner, to scroll home screen right I must slide my finger left e.t.c. HELP ME SOME BODY PLEASE. I'm from Ukraine and I can not to send it back to China... I'm desperate. Help me.:crying:

HMRX

Mar 7, 2010
Inverted touchscreen -SOLUTION!

This is for Ainol Novo Hero II , might work for you as well ...worked for me and worth the try.

Postby bobby » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am
Hello from Russia, many problem after updating to the inverted touchscreen, unfortunately manufacturer it never did. Here is my solution:
Take the folder with the firmware (I took 4.2.2 of 21.05.2013), and any HEX-editor (I have WinHex), will change the config.xml.
Initial value: <item name="rotate" attr="ro" type="int" size="1" value="3" />
The correct value: <item name="rotate" attr="ro" type="int" size="1" value="1" />

Save the change and write firmware.
Your touch screen works almost necessary. (a slight shift, but it is not important)

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

This is for Ainol Novo Hero II , might work for you as well ...worked for me and worth the try.

Postby bobby » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am
Hello from Russia, many problem after updating to the inverted touchscreen, unfortunately manufacturer it never did. Here is my solution:
Take the folder with the firmware (I took 4.2.2 of 21.05.2013), and any HEX-editor (I have WinHex), will change the config.xml.
Initial value: <item name="rotate" attr="ro" type="int" size="1" value="3" />
The correct value: <item name="rotate" attr="ro" type="int" size="1" value="1" />

Save the change and write firmware.
Your touch screen works almost necessary. (a slight shift, but it is not important)

TO make the job simpler, what you need to do is :

i) Connect USB mouse to the tablet using Micro USB to Regular size USB adapter
ii) Navigate the screen using mouse, access the root folder (I use ES Explorer), go to /DEVICE -> MISC - > open "config.xml" as text and edit as per instruction above. Please note that you need to allow the text editor to have superuser access in order to write the file since it is locked as system files.

iii) If not, you can copy the file and edit it using your PC, and overwrite the file later using any file explorer that has superuser root access.

Hope this instruction is clear enough, and may it useful to others same as it benefits me ;)