FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 08:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2013, 04:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by getiem

There is also a second system, app verification. Does that come into play here?

http://www.androidos.in/2013/07/goog...2-3-or-higher/
https://support.google.com/accounts/.../2812853?hl=en

As far as I know that check made during sideloading apps for devices with Android 4.2 and above. Otherwise, it is only checked via Android Market/Google Play for Android 2.3 devices and above. Since none of the Parrot devices have the Google Market it is probably a moot point. I guess Parrot / Volvo could have back ported it into the SCT and Framaroot might be picked up as Malware. But, not every app would be flagged as malware.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by getiem

Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (SCT) is a new car audio-navi system based on the Parrot Asteroid Smart (PAS). SCT differs in hardware and software from the PAS. Software looks about 90% equal, with some more restrictions build in by Volvo

Btw, this is a bit misleading, According to the build.prop on the SCT...

Quote:

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=V01.47.88_Volvo_EU
ro.build.display.id=V01.47.88_Volvo_EU
ro.build.version.incremental=
ro.build.version.sdk=10
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.7
ro.build.date=mercredi 28 août 2013, 19:05:30 (UTC+0200)
ro.build.date.utc=1377709530
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=Parrot
ro.build.host=FR-B-800-0057
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=ACU Volvo
ro.product.brand=AFM
ro.product.name=fc6100_volvo
ro.product.device=fc6100_volvo
ro.product.board=fc6100-android

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Parrot
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap3
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=fc6100_volvo
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=fc6100_volvo-user 2.3.7 V01.47.88_Volvo_EU release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=AFM/fc6100_volvo/fc6100_volvo:2.3.7/V01.47.88_Volvo_EU/:user/release-keys
# end build properties
# system.prop for FC6100 Volvo
# This overrides settings in the products/generic/system.prop file
#

The system is based on the Parrot FC6100 not the Parrot Asteroid Smart. And looking at the Installation manual for Sensus Connected Touch (ACU) Accessory, Part Number: 31399165 the form factor is closer to the Parrot Asteroid Tablet (PAT). The only similarity that the SCT has with the PAS is Parrot's custom base of the Android 2.3 branch which is also shared by the PAT. So, if anything is more analogous to the Parrot Asteroid Tablet (PAT) than the Parrot Asteroid Smart.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 07:35 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

As far as I know that check made during sideloading apps for devices with Android 4.2 and above. Otherwise, it is only checked via Android Market/Google Play for Android 2.3 devices and above. Since none of the Parrot devices have the Google Market it is probably a moot point. I guess Parrot / Volvo could have back ported it into the SCT and Framaroot might be picked up as Malware. But, not every app would be flagged as malware.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Btw, this is a bit misleading, According to the build.prop on the SCT...

The system is based on the Parrot FC6100 not the Parrot Asteroid Smart. And looking at the Installation manual for Sensus Connected Touch (ACU) Accessory, Part Number: 31399165 the form factor is closer to the Parrot Asteroid Tablet (PAT). The only similarity that the SCT has with the PAS is Parrot's custom base of the Android 2.3 branch which is also shared by the PAT. So, if anything is more analogous to the Parrot Asteroid Tablet (PAT) than the Parrot Asteroid Smart.

Well...good info! Another part of the puzzle
18th September 2013, 10:20 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up THANK YOU
Thank you very much guys for this VERY IMPORTANT thread !!
I'll follow carefully cause the SCT is really unusable at this moment with no apps and a lot bugs.
THANK YOU
18th September 2013, 11:37 PM |#14  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Thumbs up
@getiem

Maybe updating your opening post with the updated information!

BTW... Great Topic!
We're getting somewhere...

So thanks to all who contribute.
19th September 2013, 09:34 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Yesterday I tried to install several APK's, including ES File Explorer. Unfortunately the same error message:

Code:
C:\android\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130911\sdk\platform-tools>adb install c:\and
roid\apk\ESFileExplorer_120.apk
466 KB/s (3949829 bytes in 8.273s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/ESFileExplorer_120.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
I haven't tried pulling or pushing anything yet, will do that tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnnie_w For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnnie_w Ad-Free
19th September 2013, 09:59 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

@getiem
Maybe updating your opening post with the updated information!

Done.

ps, I will be updating regularly the OP, but interval will be weeks, not daily or hourly. Especially weekends, I will be offline.
ps 2. Yesterday i recieved my new car with SCT. I will test the whole car first before hacking into the SCT myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to getiem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift getiem Ad-Free
19th September 2013, 10:05 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great

Thanks for all the efforts here. I'll be following closely
19th September 2013, 10:50 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Maybe the app should be on whitlelist.xml? Try to rename the app?

I was trying to install the SCT launcher to Tablet and the catlog system says: package has no signatures matching those in shared user android.uid.system

Any methods to come over this?
19th September 2013, 06:54 PM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaanusj

Maybe the app should be on whitlelist.xml? Try to rename the app?

The /etc/whitelist.xml file is a list of android packages which can be running regardless of the parking brake detection. Each permutation will use the following syntax, <package name="{android.package.name}"/>, where the {android.package.name} uses the full Java-language-style package name for the application. This is listed in the APK's AndroidManifest.xml file as the "manifest package=" definition and will become the filename for the app when installed in either the /system/app or /data/app directories.

Incidentally, the java style package name also how each app is identified through the Google Play store. For example, <package name="com.tomtom.uscanada"/> can be found on Google Play via https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.uscanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaanusj

I was trying to install the SCT launcher to Tablet and the catlog system says: package has no signatures matching those in shared user android.uid.system

Any methods to come over this?

Apparently, there's a way to disable signature checking by decompiling, modifying, and recompiling /system/framework/service.jar. I've never done this, so I'm not exactly comfortable with it but there are plenty of threads on XDA in regards to the topic.

There is also the Lucky Patcher app that apparently can patch core.jar to disable signature verification. It has some other security defeating functions but again, I've never used it myself so you'll have to do your own research.

Btw, when a package is complaining about "shared user", this usually points to the /data/system/packages.xml where the sharedUserId for the respective package are stored. Ultimately, this allows packages with the same sharedUserId to communicate with one another since they will be running in the same virtual machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie_w

Yesterday I tried to install several APK's, including ES File Explorer. Unfortunately the same error message:

Code:
C:\android\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130911\sdk\platform-tools>adb install c:\and
roid\apk\ESFileExplorer_120.apk
466 KB/s (3949829 bytes in 8.273s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/ESFileExplorer_120.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
I haven't tried pulling or pushing anything yet, will do that tonight.

Well, that is disappointing. I take it that you're still getting the "Signatures files not found" syntax errors from "logcat -d' while this is occuring? I'm wondering if the problem is the reverse of what jaanusj is trying to accomplish by installing AcuHome.apk on his Parrot Asteroid Tablet. And by that signatures do exist in the packages but maybe they're not being recognized as valid because the ROM isn't aware of them.

A good test for this is to install a package from the Asteroid Market, download it using "adb pull", uninstall the app, then try a "adb install" or "adb push" to reinstall it.
20th September 2013, 03:43 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I tried to pull and push an APK, no luck. Pulling worked but I couldn't push it back to /system/app. We need root rights for this apparently. Also for patching the jar file or using the Lucky Patcher we need root. I'm wondering what the device is looking for. We have to find that out, maybe we can modify APK's so it does accept them. Any other ideas?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnnie_w For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnnie_w Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 04:17 AM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried to pull and push an APK, no luck. Pulling worked but I couldn't push it back to /system/app. We need root rights for this apparently.

I'm wondering what the device is looking for. We have to find that out, maybe we can modify APK's so it does accept them. Any other ideas?

Have you installed any of the available apps from the Asteroid Market for the SCT? Because then you can try to pull a copy of the apk to your computer, uninstall it from the SCT ("adb uninstall" or using the touchscreen), and then try using "adb install" (instead of push) to see if it can at least be re-installed that way.

If that is possible then maybe we can use the "master key exploit" to inject Framaroot into a pre-existing apk from the Asteroid Market, like the way it is described in this bash script. Provided of course that it hasn't already been patched on the SCT (it hasn't been patched on the PAS with Firmware version 2.1.2).

Also, just a stretch... I know you tried, "su - root" from "adb shell" and it didn't work but try to see if "su - system" works. It probably won't but it doesn't hurt to try.

Quote:

Also for patching the jar file or using the Lucky Patcher we need root.

Yes, that response was directed to jaanusj since root is available on the Asteroid Tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)