[HOW TO] Return to 100% stock 1.13.651.7 / ROM - Recovery - S-ON!

Search This thread

supahero00

Nov 30, 2009
your link to the stock rom is broken.. is there another place to find it?

also.... i got the zip file from youtube and followed it to the T but it doesnt ask me "do you want to update". the blue bar goes all the way to the top and then, nothing. i definitely need to take back my phone. apparently, phones can have strokes.... cuz one side of mine works when it feels like it.

mpgrimm2

Nov 5, 2011
Greenville, SC
your link to the stock rom is broken.. is there another place to find it?

also.... i got the zip file from youtube and followed it to the T but it doesnt ask me "do you want to update". the blue bar goes all the way to the top and then, nothing. i definitely need to take back my phone. apparently, phones can have strokes.... cuz one side of mine works when it feels like it.
I have a few versions of the Sprint CDMA RUU's (exe and zip) backed up in the HTC Unlock/Hboot 1.5x Guide in my signature (post 11, I think).

Reactions: supahero00

supahero00

Nov 30, 2009
Here's something else i ran into

So after a couple weeks of trying, I still can't get this to work. Here's what's going on:
I tried using the RUU posted here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1194053 to get my Evo 3D back to stock (from Fresh), and the same thing happened as with a different RUU someone on another forum told me to use: nothing. Well, not exactly; after going into the bootloader, it sees the PG86IMG.zip and starts doing ...something. There's a vertical progress bar in the upper right of the screen, but then when it's done, nothing has changed. I'm assuming it didn't actually get flashed, but I can't figure out why. Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm having the same EXACT problem it loads, then nothing. Any ideas?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Here's something else i ran into

I'm having the same EXACT problem it loads, then nothing. Any ideas?
If you are currently S-ON, you can try doing only Step1 from my guide. If you have done the htcdev unlock your bootloader will say "relocked" instead of "locked" but the only way to change that is to do the wire trick and then go back and flash the RUU and set S-ON.

ramjet73

Reactions: supahero00

HackDPlanet

Jul 16, 2011
After the update is complete succesfully from the PC86IMG.zip, I reboot and the phone gets stuck in bootloop. Any suggestions. I have read and people have said possible corrupted .zip however I have literally downloaded 10+ .zips from various sources. I have even downloaded the .zip to a different phone to ensure my computer was not interfering with the download. HELP XDAAAAAA lol

miracleboy

May 18, 2008
UT
After the update is complete succesfully from the PC86IMG.zip, I reboot and the phone gets stuck in bootloop. Any suggestions. I have read and people have said possible corrupted .zip however I have literally downloaded 10+ .zips from various sources. I have even downloaded the .zip to a different phone to ensure my computer was not interfering with the download. HELP XDAAAAAA lol

Give this thread a look, I went through the same problem the last 3-4 days:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37632662&postcount=8

Do you have access to bootloader and recovery? Also, what type of root and recovery do you have on your bootloader. In the thread I mentioned in the original post (OP) you can see if you are in the same place I was, if you are a match then read this statement carefully and follow the directions ramjet offered me:

You need to boot the recovery file as I indicated in my prior post, make sure the SmartFlash option is off in the tools menu of 4EXT, format all partitions except SD card from the wipe/format menu, and then flash the ROM zip file from 4EXT.

Take your time and follow the directions carefully and you should be able to get it to boot.

best of luck, it took me 4 times before i really understood the directions and advice, meaning:
1. boot to bootloader,
2. go to recovery,
3. format all partitions except sd card,
4. flash ROM choice,
5. exit recovery and
6. reboot to bootloader,
7. then choose reboot from the bootloader menu space.

if you reboot from a recovery, then you get stuck in bootloop.

good luck, ramjet or others please feel free to correct me if I am not clear.

tstack77

Nov 9, 2007
Chicago
HTC One (m7)
HTC EVO 3D
This might sound like a ridiculous question, but can I simply run the ICS RUU-image instead of the older 1.13.651.7? I'm S-Off hboot 1.04, running CM 10.1 and having no ends of problems with the digitizer...was hoping to simply run the ICS RUU from bootloader then set S-On.

Thanks

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
This might sound like a ridiculous question, but can I simply run the ICS RUU-image instead of the older 1.13.651.7? I'm S-Off hboot 1.04, running CM 10.1 and having no ends of problems with the digitizer...was hoping to simply run the ICS RUU from bootloader then set S-On.

Thanks
Yes. Here's a more up-to-date thread.

ramjet73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method will only work for people that have hboot 1.4. If you are on hboot 1.5, which is the Sprints latest OTA as of 8/18/2011 then this will not work for you! Warning, never accept OTA's!

I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into hboot, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: Sprint Stock ROM Image v 1.1.3.651.7

2. Copy it to SD Card

3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.

4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.

5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.

6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.

7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

**This has only been tested on with TeamWin recovery and phone was already at the v 1.13.651.7

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! lol

Thanks
    Yes. Here's a more up-to-date thread.

ramjet73
    Ok, I updated the op to include the S-ON command string. Big thanks to rtbluver for pointing that out!
    someone added a mirror to download 1.13.651.7 needed for Hboot 1.04 here.. just downloaded it now..

http://goo-inside.me/stock/shooter/ruu/1.13.651.7
    getting this error:

(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
    OKAY [ 0.008s]
    finished. total time: 0.008s

i'm pretty sure everything is installed correctly as far as drivers and sdk goes. just for good measure i uninstalled and reinstalled fastboot drivers from the revo wiki and the sdk. so when i go into the directory where the adb and fastboot files are, i enter "fastboot devices" and it sees my device... don't really know whats going on, not that i need to return phone, yet, but just want to learn to get it back to s-on just in case. a little frustrating right know. its gonna b a long night...

edit: i tried to run the revol s-off tool again and when i enter the beta key it says that my device software is not supported at this time... another road block.

What you need to do is run the RUU, then boot into fastboot, plug your phone into your pc, and then open a command prompt and direct it to your android-SDK/tools folder and type " fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" then hit enter. That should put you back on to S-ON.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App