LG Optimus G Europe Version ! (E973/F180)

Search This thread

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Sorry for bugging you via PM. :)

Which E975 firmware should I flash? If the KDZ was corrupted, KDZ Updater would return an extract error so I don't think that is an issue here. Probably I need to flash some other KDZ version. But which one?

I have also tried the Australian E975 one but WiFi issue remains the same.

BTW, I don't need to unlock the bootloader for this, right?

i placed the plenty links in this threat .. look properl;y ;)

sikander3786

Account currently disabled
Feb 21, 2012
Usa
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks for the link. The European 10B returns an extract error. I have already downloaded it three times. I have read at a few places that KDZ files bigger than 1GB cannot be flashed with KDZ Updater?

so go for C one international copy it .. and find it on that page it is like btw first ones
that kdz has 955MB or 995? sommr like that..
did u disablwd modem bf. flash in device manager ?

Last edited:

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
goosh mate u need firstly know how to flash these kdz's first.. maan..
another soft u need to have on windows installed and turn it on as administrator..

there are steps u HAVE TO FOLLOW ..
otherwise wont work properly ..

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

sikander3786

Feb 21, 2012
Usa
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
goosh mate u need firstly know how to flash these kdz's first.. maan..
another soft u need to have on windows installed and turn it on as administrator..

there are steps u HAVE TO FOLLOW ..
otherwise wont work properly ..

I have followed this guide for flashing KDZ packages:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010624

After flashing the 10C version, I have still got WiFi problem. WiFi scans but can't connect. :(

Is there something else I need to do for flashing the KDZ packages?

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
i had same problem but i sorted it out..
ill show u how to do it once i get ghome from work..

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks a lot. I'll be waiting. :)

oh well ok am here
here is :

IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS VISTA OR HIGHER , INSTALL ALL PROGRAMS AS ADMINISTRATOR !!!

1) Download the latest KDZ https://www.wetransfer.com/download...13017aa5ebcad61f93dfa1f520130415000223/dfc1c4 ( U ALREADY HAVE IT I PRESUME )

2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed (HOPE U HAVE IT ;)

3) Download LG KDZ Updater and unzip it and Install msxml.msi (MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sj5y073xal03ntw

4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file and unzip it
http://www.mediafire.com/?ru7erfxsz7p7s3p

(U DONT NEED TO DO IT BUT IF U WANT DO IT ..)

NOW RUN WINDOWS ENABLER ( WITH RUN AS ADMIN )

5) Put your Optimus G into "Download Mode" by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone,
holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable
into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe and run (Win Vistsa -> ADMINISTRATOR)
Use these settings;
•Type: 3GQCT
•Phone Mode: DIAG (TRY EVEN CS EMERG.)
•KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ from the step (1)
•Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

7) Your LG Optimus G will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you
see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove
the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed
to use the phone as per normal.

DO ALWAYS A HARD RESET AFTER THE FLASH !!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow
wasn’t wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining ‘dirty’, thus causing bootloop or security infringement.

8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.

10)Put the LG Optimus G into "Recovery Mode" by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then
press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time
and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then
enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.

11)With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for
the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to
execute the wipe command.

12)Your LG Optimus G will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.

13) Root your mobile : http://www.sendspace.com/file/p8glss

1. Unzip the zip file
2. Make sure USB Debugging is on, and your are in Charge only Mode
3. Run the CurrentRoot.bat, wait for the prompt
4. Change to MTP mode.
5. Wait for your computer to ask how to view files.
6. Press enter in the CMD prompt to continue.
7. Done.

14) Baseband your F180L !!! http://www.sendspace.com/file/u2bpnu

First: After root, Enable USB Debugging, Download this file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8vses1vqz...eBandF180L.rar
2. Copy this baseband.img to Internal Storage (/sdcard)
3. Run file flash_baseband.bat
4. Follow the guild.
5. Your phone will reboot and finish!

flashsoft.jpg

Last edited:

sikander3786

Feb 21, 2012
Usa
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions. I can only try these tomorrow as I am at work currently.

There is another problem for now. I have been flashing KDZ files the same way you mentioned. When nothing worked for me, I reverted back to stock F180L firmware and another issue appeared out of the blue.

Now it isn't detecting network even with stock rom + stock baseband. I have noticed that everything remains ok if I don't insert the SIM. As soon as SIM card is inserted, IMEI and baseband go "unknown". No network. Seems like I have messed up my phone pretty bad. :(

I have reflashed stock KDZ 3 times using KDZ updater. I have also flashed the phone using LG Support Tool but it didn't help.

Seems like I should give up on this phone. Any thoughts please?

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Hi guys this is TIME where I will be putting this mobile on sale !!!
Just been in store EE to TEST whether my mobile will run 4G ...
The results been disapointing!
EE 4G SIM cant pick the 4G signal unrortunately on this phone in UK we tried plenty APN settings .. NO Go ..
I barrely believe that this phone will work 100% here so ..
Will be probably buying HTC One Silver !

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Hi guys this is TIME where I will be putting this mobile on sale !!!
Just been in store EE to TEST whether my mobile will run 4G ...
The results been disapointing!
EE 4G SIM cant pick the 4G signal unrortunately on this phone in UK we tried plenty APN settings .. NO Go ..
I barrely believe that this phone will work 100% here so ..
Will be probably buying HTC One Silver !

I think I mentioned that to you earlier on. You can't get LTE unless the hardware supports the band the carrier is transmitting on. The F180x are Korean exclusive and the bands are probably different to the European bands.
My E971 can't get LTE on Bell or Telus Band 4 even with the correct sim cause it lacks the hardware for it.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5/6/7

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
thing is LTE is in development so they just put band what is in their country..
but 2g 3g is equipped with more bands not just one..
is it poss to retune it in mobile?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
LTE capability is purely hardware. Doesn't matter what rom you flashed or what modem...if the hardware is not capable of the LTE band your carrier uses, you won't get LTE at all.
What band does your carrier use? And what band does your F180L support?

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Cellular:phone
Cellular;Networks: GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 (B1)
Cellular+Data+Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+

Secondary_Cellular_Phone

Dual-Cellular-Network_Operation: Selectable cellular module

Secondary-Cellular-Networks: CDMA1800 (BC4), LTE850 (B5)
Secondary+Cellular-Data:Links: cdmaOne, CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev B, LTE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT :

EE’s LTE network went live this week, opening its 1800MHz band to the public and becoming the first, and currently only, one of the major operators to offer a 4G service.

LG Optimus F180L is LTE 850 MHz band (B5)

What is B5 ?

Went ask Store UK when they rooling out 4G guy said in october .. Till then there will be plenty new mobiles supporting LTE / 4G

Last edited:

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Probably Band 5. So nothing you can do will make it function on your carrier's 1800mhz band.
The F180l does not physically support it. It can't be activated via software.

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
elisha i red on internet that 3UK MIGHT use 800mhz so close to 850 .. u think it will work??

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
No unfortunately not. All frequencies have a slight range but almost never overlap. So for example 800mhz would have a range of 784-821 or so and 850mhz may have a range of 833-879.
It's too bad that LTE frequency has way more variation than the 3g frequencies. But eventually when LTE is mature we will have phones that can use all LTE bands like 3g bands.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks a lot. I'll be waiting. :)

oh well ok am here
    here is :

IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS VISTA OR HIGHER , INSTALL ALL PROGRAMS AS ADMINISTRATOR !!!

1) Download the latest KDZ https://www.wetransfer.com/download...13017aa5ebcad61f93dfa1f520130415000223/dfc1c4 ( U ALREADY HAVE IT I PRESUME )

2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed (HOPE U HAVE IT ;)

3) Download LG KDZ Updater and unzip it and Install msxml.msi (MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sj5y073xal03ntw

4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file and unzip it
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ru7erfxsz7p7s3p

(U DONT NEED TO DO IT BUT IF U WANT DO IT ..)

NOW RUN WINDOWS ENABLER ( WITH RUN AS ADMIN )

5) Put your Optimus G into "Download Mode" by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone,
    holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable
    into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe and run (Win Vistsa -> ADMINISTRATOR)
    Use these settings;
    •Type: 3GQCT
    •Phone Mode: DIAG (TRY EVEN CS EMERG.)
    •KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ from the step (1)
    •Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

7) Your LG Optimus G will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you
    see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove
    the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed
    to use the phone as per normal.

DO ALWAYS A HARD RESET AFTER THE FLASH !!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow
    wasn’t wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining ‘dirty’, thus causing bootloop or security infringement.

8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.

10)Put the LG Optimus G into "Recovery Mode" by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then
    press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time
    and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then
    enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.

11)With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for
    the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to
    execute the wipe command.

12)Your LG Optimus G will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.

13) Root your mobile : http://www.sendspace.com/file/p8glss

1. Unzip the zip file
    2. Make sure USB Debugging is on, and your are in Charge only Mode
    3. Run the CurrentRoot.bat, wait for the prompt
    4. Change to MTP mode.
    5. Wait for your computer to ask how to view files.
    6. Press enter in the CMD prompt to continue.
    7. Done.

14) Baseband your F180L !!! http://www.sendspace.com/file/u2bpnu

First: After root, Enable USB Debugging, Download this file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8vses1vqz...eBandF180L.rar
    2. Copy this baseband.img to Internal Storage (/sdcard)
    3. Run file flash_baseband.bat
    4. Follow the guild.
    5. Your phone will reboot and finish!

flashsoft.jpg
    Here is video and there are same functions as on optimus PRO ?? he is moving with window i can't do it on my korean mobile?? how can i extract software from it and apply on mine ?#
    thnx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO0oSqwKgD8

Couldnt load video for some reason, but yes, the QSlide apps can be moved around and change size/opacity of them, when they are transparent you click through them and on to the app behind it, but can still move them around. Only problem is LG seem to have closed the holes to root, so for now we have no root, but that should hopefully change soon once its released.
    my f180 stuck at lg logo during unlocking. now i try ur mathod but kdz updater crash every time after not responding so please help me thank you.

Its better to use Windows XP. In windows 7, install & run everything as "Run as administratot"
    Use These files and method.
    WE'LL HERE IS THE NEW LG FLASHTOOL USED FOR NEWER PHONE LIKE LG G2 WHICH HAS GREATER THAN 1GB KDZ FILE!
    100% WORKS. IUSED IT TO FLASH A 1.1GB KDZ FILE E97510l_00.kdz

Credits to @hyelton for the method and filehosting

REQUIREMENTS:
    MUST HAVE LG DRIVERS
    MSXML
    .NET FRAMEWORK INSTALLED

1.DOWNLOAD THE ROM/KDZ

2.DOWNLOAD LATEST LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client...2CAppSetup.exe

INSTALL IT WHEN DONE. CLOSE AND END PROCESS ON TASKMANGER.

3.DOWNLOAD LG R&D TOOL
    http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X...%2FPrograms%2F

4.GO TO DOWNLOAD MODE POW+BOTH VOL BUTTON PRESSED+CONNECT USB

6) Extract FlashTool and run UpTestEX.exe

7) In R&D Test Tool window,
    Select Type = 3GQCT (top left hand side)
    PhoneMode = DIAG (top right hand side)
    Select kdz file = click to select your LG stock rom *.kdz
    Click "Normal web upgrade test" (bottom right hand side)
    Then another window will pop up, click "Upgrade Start" button
    wait a few seconds, another window "Select Country & Language" pop up,
    => Country=Republic of Korea
    => Language=English
    you can click ok to proceed

8) All Done and wait for finish!