LG ICS Major Update Features

Search This thread

Assassin44

Jul 29, 2011
No Update

When will the update come out! Its 26th September, and I hear nothing about the P990 ICS update, while Samsung is updating their phones (even Galaxy S2) to Jelly Bean. LG thinks they are going to compete with just good hardware (4x HD and Optimus G) with virtually no software support. I had faith in LG, not any more!:(

dmandn

May 14, 2010
Perth
We are completely screwed by LG. never again! Where is the update. We have yet to have 1 good stable stock rom!

BS. So many people love to bag the **** out of everything for little to no reason. Most of their roms have been stable for this phone. I have returned to V10c from cyanogenmod (and various others) for it has been much more stable and gives over 1 day extra battery life than any of the third party roms so far.

dakoookie

Jul 27, 2012
BS. So many people love to bag the **** out of everything for little to no reason. Most of their roms have been stable for this phone. I have returned to V10c from cyanogenmod (and various others) for it has been much more stable and gives over 1 day extra battery life than any of the third party roms so far.

The stock rom was the worst ever for me in terms of stability... My phone rebooted itself every other day.. But the battery was a little better yeah.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

everett_psycho

Jul 3, 2012
London

my stock rom was usable but far from perfect, after a couple of weeks i switched to the modaco custom rom which was better. Eventually I switched to CM7 which was a noticeable speed improvement but still not 100% stable. I've never had my phone work properly as it should, it has persistently dropped network coverage for no reason and error's when trying to connect to wifi if left on for a couple of days.

That said i thought over the weekend i'd give tonyp's paranoid build a shot and so far so good, I have some issues with certain apps just closing for no reason but generally my network coverage and wifi has ironed itself out so i'm liking having it again. Looking forward to this "big update" whenever it arrives, it should fix the final few problems i've got and make the o2x what it probably should have been a long time ago

mas2112

Jul 4, 2011
The stock rom was the worst ever for me in terms of stability... My phone rebooted itself every other day.. But the battery was a little better yeah.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I have to agree. There has been no good stock Rom so far. The froyo roms often had bsods and random reboots. The gingerbread roms were much better, but needed to be rebooted after a few days or else it would be laggy. CM7 is awesome, but i never found a good baseband that worked well with it, and it still had the lag issues. Probably because the drivers lg wrote suck.

I've seen Samsung phones with uptimes over 1000 hours and still smooth. My phone barely reaches 50 hours before it starts lagging. I regret choosing this phone to save some money. It totally was not worth it. I just hope ics makes everything better.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

black_mamba99

Feb 12, 2012
Mumbai
I have to agree. There has been no good stock Rom so far. The froyo roms often had bsods and random reboots. The gingerbread roms were much better, but needed to be rebooted after a few days or else it would be laggy. CM7 is awesome, but i never found a good baseband that worked well with it, and it still had the lag issues. Probably because the drivers lg wrote suck.

I've seen Samsung phones with uptimes over 1000 hours and still smooth. My phone barely reaches 50 hours before it starts lagging. I regret choosing this phone to save some money. It totally was not worth it. I just hope ics makes everything better.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

use CM7 with symbiosis kernel..its lag free even after several hours.
for baseband,for me i use Get RIL app....the 218 baseband that comes with temasek ROM also works great even though it says baseband not matching...i use 0725(v10d europe);0823(v21d)

Beplexor

Mar 29, 2012
Regardless of time zones (I'm in New Zealand which means it's already the 30th of September here), it looks like LG has once again bombed out on its customers. It's so frustrating; I have no problem with the phone's hardware, but I will make mistakes no longer when I choose my next phone in a few years time. I thought when I upgraded to the O2X I was perfectly fine; million times better in specs compared to my previous Galaxy 3, and a former flagship of LG, meaning it HAD to receive updates early, right?

Nope. Lesson learned: NEVER EVER buy from LG again.

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
Regardless of time zones (I'm in New Zealand which means it's already the 30th of September here), it looks like LG has once again bombed out on its customers. It's so frustrating; I have no problem with the phone's hardware, but I will make mistakes no longer when I choose my next phone in a few years time. I thought when I upgraded to the O2X I was perfectly fine; million times better in specs compared to my previous Galaxy 3, and a former flagship of LG, meaning it HAD to receive updates early, right?

Hi Beplexor, I think the lesson to be learned here is; in this world of smart phones never buy because of hardware specs. Always buy because of software. I bought a Galaxy NEXUS 3 months ago and I love it. The hardware specs are great. But what makes it a fantastic smart phone, is the software. In my case Jelly Bean.

HTC, SONY, ZTE, MOTOROLA, LG et al, are all hardware companies. They are all to varying degrees, clueless when it comes to software. Only a pure NEXUS device, from Google will get the support we expect. Just like Apple. Say what you will about the most valuable company in the world. But, one thing you can't say is, Apple leave their customers waiting over 24 months for a software update they never deliver. LG software sucks, plain and simple.

Lesson learned. Thanks LG. Time to stick my O2X on eBay.

Have fun. Anil

Last edited:

everett_psycho

Jul 3, 2012
London
Yet you keep coming back Anil. Just sell it already. If the galaxy nexus wasn't 12 months in to its life I'd get one, as it is I'm holding on for the next nexus and will turn by o2x in to a media player/ remote

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
Yet you keep coming back Anil. Just sell it already. If the galaxy nexus wasn't 12 months in to its life I'd get one, as it is I'm holding on for the next nexus and will turn by o2x in to a media player/ remote

Hi everett_psycho, I was waiting to install the ICS update, I thought the handset might be more attractive to a prospective buyer. But now, time to just stick it on eBay. Along with my girlfriends old Transformer TF101, and the 18 month old Mac MINI. See, I'm just a slack b*****d when it comes to sticking stuff on eBay.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for the next NEXUS handset. I'm sure it will be a good one. Just don't wait too long dude, life is unique and short. You will never get those months waiting back. A second hand Galaxy NEXUS, shouldn't be too expensive, if funds are limited.

Either way dude, have fun. Anil

everett_psycho

Jul 3, 2012
London
Hi everett_psycho, I was waiting to install the ICS update, I thought the handset might be more attractive to a prospective buyer. But now, time to just stick it on eBay. Along with my girlfriends old Transformer TF101, and the 18 month old Mac MINI. See, I'm just a slack b*****d when it comes to sticking stuff on eBay.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for the next NEXUS handset. I'm sure it will be a good one. Just don't wait too long dude, life is unique and short. You will never get those months waiting back. A second hand Galaxy NEXUS, shouldn't be too expensive, if funds are limited.

Either way dude, have fun. Anil

There's speculation this morning it's due this month, this plus the developments in the ics thread and i think I'll cope. I've got the cash ready but after the update fiasco here I'm up for a phone that is just released and guaranteed some updates. Not sure what I'll do if LG get the nexus though

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
There's speculation this morning it's due this month, this plus the developments in the ics thread and i think I'll cope. I've got the cash ready but after the update fiasco here I'm up for a phone that is just released and guaranteed some updates. Not sure what I'll do if LG get the nexus though

Hi everett_psycho, I've not seen any rumours, but, then again I've not been looking. As long as it's a NEXUS device, it makes no odds who makes it. LG are good at making hardware, so no problems if they do build it for Google.

Fingers crossed the next NEXUS handset is everything you hope it will be.

Have fun. Anil

everett_psycho

Jul 3, 2012
London
Hi everett_psycho, I've not seen any rumours, but, then again I've not been looking. As long as it's a NEXUS device, it makes no odds who makes it. LG are good at making hardware, so no problems if they do build it for Google.

Fingers crossed the next NEXUS handset is everything you hope it will be.

Have fun. Anil

Current rumour is suggesting it will be launch in October and either be HTC or based on the lg optimus g. Not a bad bit of hardware to use as a base for Google to write vanilla android on if it's true. Would be the only way I would get another lg phone anyway

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Rezvonflux

Oct 13, 2011
Montreal
Confirmed: LG to release the Optimus 4X HD in October, Quad-Core ICS coming to WIND and Videotron

So it's this peachy? the O4X is coming to my part of the work, with ICS. And we're still waiting for an upgrade on the O2X?!

I've heard bad things about LG since the "Chocolate", but i couldn't resist being on of the first with a duel core. And the trouble i put my provider thru to get this phone shipped to me (waited extra 2 weeks for FIDO to find out they sent me a Galaxy Q)

I think i will rethink my provider (Fido is lagging big time behind their big brother, Rogers. They don't even have tablets, and have small variety of phones)

Wow, I just noticed the HTC Desire C from FIDO is 800mhz, and it comes with ICS?

Seems like LG is starting to look a lot like our Montreal cops, they seems to be hard at work out of the publics eye. And when they are out, it's all about the cash grabs.... :(

Wow, i just noticed the HTC Desire from FIDO is 800mhz, and it comes with ICS?

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
Seems like LG is starting to look a lot like our Montreal cops, they seems to be hard at work out of the publics eye. And when they are out, it's all about the cash grabs.... :(

Wow, i just noticed the HTC Desire from FIDO is 800mhz, and it comes with ICS?
Hi Rezvonflux, may I ask out of curiosity if Google NEXUS devices are available directly from the Play store in Canada?

Thanks. Anil

Rezvonflux

Oct 13, 2011
Montreal
Hi Rezvonflux, may I ask out of curiosity if Google NEXUS devices are available directly from the Play store in Canada?

Thanks. Anil

Ciao Gumba!

I know your face all too well, i've been to Temesak's topic many times :D
From what i can see after searching quickly, i didn't notice anything about the device... there's a bunch of themes, LWP's etcs.... but no phone.

PS: Rez is fine ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This update is too slow compared to other vendors but its Huge. Please note however, that this is a major update which includes:

The important thing for LG user is.. be patient, because this is the most complex update compared with others vendors (who just upgraded the version). Overall, everything is almost done, just QUICK MEMO which should be optimized. Maybe you think this a regular feature wrote, but to write smoothly and fast, it needed the high processor, to let the writing be on time. At the latest of September this update is hoped to be released…

• latest LG UI (3.0 Optimus UI).
    • fixes bugin previous versions, as well as new features.
    • Display interface Optimus UI 3.0 brings several new features,including .
    • a new lock screen(with shortcuts and new gesture, plus a look underneath, and face unlock).
    • quick memo (write on your screen wherever you want ).
    • new gallery ics.
    • new notification.
    • task manager ics .
    • 4 new themes(with wallpaper, icons, a different menu structure).
    • 12 new fonts, icon changer (picture may be the app icon),
    • new music player.
    • equalizer manual control.
    • voice capture (photo just say “cheese”.
    • 14 new home screen transition effect.
    • new widgets ics style.
    • adding bitrate video recording (720p only 7Mbps who first kept so 9Mbps, which first 1080p 16mbps 10mbps now).
    • fixes bug camera (focus, time capture, white balance).
    • fixes a bug in the current battery standby.
    • new app called “home media” (a type of application for enjoying photos / videos / music, but only for Optimus vu / Lte / nitro HD).
    • upgraded browser (no night mode feature for battery saving).
    • improved performance, better ram a management.
    • look more simple (there are 2 color options menu, white and black ,or grey and brown).
    • update for Optimus 3d 3d feature (DSLR shot, ruler tag, 3d macro, manual focus, zooming while recording).
    • the addition of video and photo 3d for Optimus 3d (from national geographic world music concerts n 3d).
    • new game called “Archer Craft” Made by LG for Optimus 3d (3d version) 2x and lucid sol,
    • new exclusive ringtone composed by Ennio Morricone.
    • new gesture feature for Optimus black.
    • movie editor v1.7 version for Optimus Lte / nitro HD / vu, vu Optimus create a new app just use the stylus for photo editing).
    • new cartoon themes for Optimus 3d.
    • auto repair brightness on Optimus black.
    • new features in the video player for Optimus nitro / Lte / vu (that is fast / slow motion, live zooming, thumbnails seek, additional audio), n many new.
    posted 1 week ago in the ics thread -.-

And who cares? I don`t have the time to read all 5000 pages of the official overbloated ics thread to read 1 useful post after 500 trash-posts...sometime it is good to export some info where it can be read directly with a good title, so good job to the OP!

Hi Beplexor, I think the lesson to be learned here is; in this world of smart phones never buy because of hardware specs. Always buy because of software. I bought a Galaxy NEXUS 3 months ago and I love it. The hardware specs are great. But what makes it a fantastic smart phone, is the software. In my case Jelly Bean.

HTC, SONY, ZTE, MOTOROLA, LG et al, are all hardware companies. They are all to varying degrees, clueless when it comes to software. Only a pure NEXUS device, from Google will get the support we expect. Just like Apple. Say what you will about the most valuable company in the world. But, one thing you can't say is, Apple leave their customers waiting over 24 months for a software update they never deliver. LG software sucks, plain and simple.

Lesson learned. Thanks LG. Time to stick my O2X on eBay.

Have fun. Anil
    Don't do that just give them a little time. Riding their back won't expedite the process any.

Sent from my LG-G2x using XDA Developers app.
    Hi Aricrj, I agree sending emails will not expedite matters. However, how much is a little time in your book?

There has to be a time when you draw a line in the sand and then decide to move on. Right? Unfortunately some LG customers are stuck with their current handset and can't for a myriad of reasons, move on. Hence the frustration.

Even though I have moved to a Galaxy NEXUS, I sincerely hope for others, that LG provide their promised update, and within a time frame that isn't useless.

Here's hoping. Anil
    Hi, forgive my ignorance, but why are you guys, still expecting LG to release an update? They changed the first deadline, then they simply quietly missed the second deadline.

If past history is any indicator, the O2X is dead as far as LG are concerned. Are you guys hopeful because the Korean O2X got ICS?

To be clear, I'm simply curious. Thanks. Anil

Hi Anil. Yes even if Korean su660 release ics sources we would be running cm10 in no time with hwa working. But you are probably right about stock rom