[SOLVED] webOS DR hangs at 12% everytime

Search This thread

onebadtaz

Nov 13, 2010
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried the Dr. on two different computers with no luck, it hangs at 12% every time. What got me here was -> ran preware this morning to speed up touchpad, ran uber kernal? to clock to 1.5 and tablet froze, charged all day, ran webos doc and hangs :(

I have a feeling i bricked the unbrickable :'(

ANY help would be appreciated, I loved this thing this morning, starting to hate it now... sigh

corybucher

Dec 29, 2009
LG Velvet
Motorola Edge Plus (2022)
On both comps are they the same browser? If so maybe try a different browser. Also not sure if you've done this but turn the device off completely and then turn it on holding the power plus vol. Up button and that will but you into recovery mode. Hope this helps. Just had to send mine off to HP for repairs because sound quit working. Lemme know.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

onebadtaz

Nov 13, 2010
Have shut it down with power/center button and back on with power/up volume to get the usb prompt so webos doc will see it. webos doc runs find but hangs solidly at 12% every time. Running windows 7 on both machines unfortunately.

corybucher

Dec 29, 2009
LG Velvet
Motorola Edge Plus (2022)
Ok, try this go to palm.com/palmprofile and sign in with you sign in info you use on the tablet then click on get webos doctor and download that one from there. Also make sure device is not connected until it prompts you after dling the doctor and going through the setup.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

onebadtaz

Nov 13, 2010
Ok downloaded from palm thought it seems I was using the version already, it did install some java stuff though. One note is that is I try to start the tablet normally I get the palm dot com/ROM message :(

Still completely hung up at 12% - Have a feeling "Hell hath no fury like a Touch pad scorned"

Last edited:

mortzz

Jan 14, 2010
Mines doing the exact same thing right now. It's only two days old, this is insane.

onebadtaz

Nov 13, 2010
I have figured out how to fix the WebOS Doctor / 12% issue!!!

It seems that this particular issue is revolving around an issue with "resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media" and the fact that the fat size is different than the backup.

I did a bit of research and came up with the following solution:

Run WebOS Doctor via CMD line "java -jar webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jar"

When the Dr. hangs up at 12% open novaterm and connect to your device

Then type the following command:

dosfsck -r /dev/mapper/store-media

And follow the prompts to correct the fat size to the backup

Now put your tablet back into recovery mode and re-run WebOS Doctor. The error where it is hanging up should be gone and the system will flash completely.

(Comments from attempts appreciated)

OK - I had an issue after running webos doc 3.0.2 so I ran 3.0.0 - after it finished I had to plug the tablet into a power outlet and let it charge for a bit before it let me set up the system. It was hung up at the stupid HP splash screen for maybe 5-10 minutes but once it charged I got the prompt to select a language.

Last edited:

gergey

Aug 31, 2011
Question about novaterm

Hey! This is great news. I'm living abroad and did not want to have to ship the touchpad back.

I have a quick questions because I am not so computer literate. I don't understand when you say "When the device hangs up, open Noveterm and connect your device." First, it hangs up but goes into a never ending loop of messages scrolling in the comand window. How do I stop this? How do I open novaterm, and wouldn't my device already be connected?

Thank you so much for your help!

BEst regards from Norway

Gergey

nononsense

Oct 4, 2011
so i here is what i did and it actually solved the problem:

system details/programs used:

running Win7 x64 via Parallels on Mac OSX

WebOS doctor 3.0.2

Novaterm x64 (webos-internals.org/wiki/Portal:Accessing_Linux)

exact steps that i did (some may not be preformed, but this is what i did)

restarted the touchpad: center + power

upon reset, held: power + volume up to enter dev mode

ran webos doctor through the command "java -jar webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar"

went through the normal hoopla and got to the 12% hangup where it goes in an endless loop.

launched novaterm

used the command: "mkfs.msdos /dev/mapper/store-media"

re-ran WebOS doctor

hung at 12% for a minute then the process jumped to 25% and finished installing.

5 min reboot and back to the "select language" screen.

Hope this is of help to someone.

Also, I won't be back to this forum, so I can't answer questions.

Good luck!

credit to NexusCrawler over at precentral

Reactions: speed488

jlove

bad news

i tried the same thing on my touchpad:

if i thyp:

mkfs.msdos /dev/mapper/store-media

then it says no such file or directory

if i look for store media, in the directory it exists, i also can still boot into the webos. but i can not paste anything into the toucpad, most of the aplications wont work either. its like the file store-media is corrupted, and i can not access it with novaterm. it can not find it.

does anyone know a solution?

i would be greatfull

acaN

Nov 26, 2011
Sorry for necroposting, but i've registered just to say thank you, because this method really helped me with my veer after some not-so-lucky experiments with partitions. Thank you very much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @OP

READ THE RULES!

Please don't create new threads for an open and existing topic especially one that you have created.
    so i here is what i did and it actually solved the problem:

system details/programs used:

running Win7 x64 via Parallels on Mac OSX

WebOS doctor 3.0.2

Novaterm x64 (webos-internals.org/wiki/Portal:Accessing_Linux)

exact steps that i did (some may not be preformed, but this is what i did)

ran webos doctor through the command "java -jar webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar"

went through the normal hoopla and got to the 12% hangup where it goes in an endless loop.

launched novaterm

used the command: "mkfs.msdos /dev/mapper/store-media"

re-ran WebOS doctor

hung at 12% for a minute then the process jumped to 25% and finished installing.

5 min reboot and back to the "select language" screen.

Hope this is of help to someone.

Also, I won't be back to this forum, so I can't answer questions.

Good luck!

credit to NexusCrawler over at precentral