The [GT-I9505][Leaked firmware] I9505XXUFNA1 (Android 4.4) - Open Europe (OXA) [10-01

Search This thread
If you are experiencing Security, settings FC's and want to enable installation of non-market apps and disable google app verification check out my post. This simple workaround will allow install of apks from ext/int storge cards, xposed, etc..I am currently running Echo 14 (NA5). Should work on any version of the leak.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49630947
Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium

Last edited:

arjuna_

Aug 6, 2010
Actually, i had to extract all four tar files using command prompt and 7zip, and then recompile just the boot, system and cache files.

by the way, i'm also running echo rom, but i had to flash my modified ROM before flashing echo.

So you're running Echo without wifi right? Is performance good on TW 4.4 compared to TW 4.3

gangsta101

Feb 9, 2007
Brampton
So you're running Echo without wifi right? Is performance good on TW 4.4 compared to TW 4.3

I'm running Echoe "with" wifi. But we shouldn't discuss the kernel here. Battery life is pretty good. I restored most of my apps with titanium backups, but can't install new apps since then cause of security forced closures. Truth is i didn't stay on TW 4.3 for that long. i Have been running Danvh's GE ROM for so long, i have forgotten how good TW could be.

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
If you are experiencing Security, settings FC's and want to enable installation of non-market apps and disable google app verification check out my post. This simple workaround will allow install of apks from ext/int storge cards, xposed, etc..I am currently running Echo 14 (NA5). Should work on any version of the leak.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49630947
Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium

Tried this but still have problems with some apps. I am on Echoe with wifi, LTE and 98% of my apps working.
After my initial flash I reflashed a dirty flash over the GE 18.2. all except a few apps worked.

protonpower

Jan 29, 2011
London
So has someone actually installed this "Test" ROM via ODIN and used it? Also any where else I can download it, it states I must wait 4 hours to download. WTF???

I did not use odin at all. Flashed everything with Twrp 2.3.6.1. Also I did a full clean wipe of system, data, cache and internal storage card (moved all of the files I wanted to keep to ext storage), before flashing. Was on a stock 4.3 ROM the first time I tried which works. Also flashed again later after preforming a full wipe and backup of GE 4.4. Have been using the Echo 14 ROM for 2 days now and can install any apk I previously used. I did not try to restore anything using titanium backup or the like.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
As I noted in my earlier post I flashed Echoe 14. I used TWRP 2.5.0.2. No Problems. BTW Wanam and Gravity Box, Xposed Installer are all working. I changed the build prop to jflteatt and the Phone to SGH-I337so it show up as a ATT phone with the att 4g symbols and got rid of the power on sound. Getting great LTE download speeds. I tried dbKat over on the T-Mobile forum but liked Echoe 14 better.

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Sorry to resurrect this thread but to the peeps that flashed Echoe or Omega from the i9505 forum I have some questions for you.

1. Were you on a 4.3 ROM when you flashed?
2. Did you loki the kernel after flashing?
3. Are you using the 4.3 bootloaders?
4. Are you using the kernel that came with the ROM?

Thanks in advance. I need to know more so I can get my KK TW Rom working.

Dagwood33

May 3, 2014
Omega has a i9505/i9500 flash

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Heres what im using, well part of it. And i also have wifi as well as my service with cricket. Now i am experiencing some issues sending texts but i can make/recieve calls, i have a fast wifi connection, and i can even recieve texts. But im stuck on how to fix it to where i can send texts. Oh and i did manage to accidently mess up in the *#0011# menu to where it says the words no service which im thinking might have something to do with my textimg problems. But i like omega and the i9505 is working great as it overwrote my original sch-r970 firmwares.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a new NA5 leak out. I am in the I337 and have tried the NA1 leak Roms Indies Omega and Echoe and I always hang up on the boot menu. Guess we will have to wait for the official and the Kernel info for it to work for us.

You give me a few hrs, at work right now. I will have this running for att the NA5 base...so stay tuned....
    The gt-i9005 has a leaked fireware of 4.4. I hope that we get in the next two or there months!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2465713

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda premium

I just downloaded :)

Has anyone tried unzipping it and rezipping without the bootloader, etc and tried flashing it rather than using odin and replacing the bootloader everything? I am working on that as we speak, just wondering if someone has done it already and what their experience was as far as what worked. I imagine there will be some issues with wifi or what not.
    You give me a few hrs, at work right now. I will have this running for att the NA5 base...so stay tuned....

I didn't know there was a nlthread on this on my native device. I Have been posting on the Tmobile thread since the leak first came out.

I also unpacked both Leaks and repacked only their respective boot, system and cache files and successfully flashed via Odin. the cool part was that I didn't lose root and only needed to add the new supersu. I had a titanium backup zip which I also flashed.
    the problems are as follows
    1. No WiFi. attempting to flash KT kernel bricked it. had to start all over
    2. Security settings caused a FC. so couldn't enable installation from unknown sources.
    3. Restoring user apps using Titanium backup (after freezing all Knox apps) worked. but adding any system apps caused a bad series of forced closures
    so unless u have got an unlimited data plan, this is just something to play around with for now it would seem
    The gt-i9005 has a leaked fireware of 4.4. I hope that we get in the next two or there months!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2465713

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda premium
    I just downloaded :)

Has anyone tried unzipping it and rezipping without the bootloader, etc and tried flashing it rather than using odin and replacing the bootloader everything? I am working on that as we speak, just wondering if someone has done it already and what their experience was as far as what worked. I imagine there will be some issues with wifi or what not.

If you're on i337 you cannot flash it through Odin, not authorized... I have been tinkering with putting together a zip to flash via recovery...but I'm a novice and couldn't get past the boot animation with sound...:(