Where is Bengalih? (Answer In Last Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rkrasny

Nov 22, 2007
*UPDATE*

After playing around with the headset some more, I was able to figure it out for myself :)

Just for those of you with the Jawbone 2 to know.
In order to initiate VC on this headset, you do not press the talk button.
Instead you hold the Noise Assassin button for 2 seconds.

This has been plaguing me for weeks - I've tried Cyberon, read Bengalih's thread extensively (thanks so much Bengalih), checked aliph's website (where they simply state that initiating MSVC 1.6 with the Jawbone2 may not work because of a MS problem.

I can't believe the answer is this simple - I did try a few button combinations but never this!!!

Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooo much for saving me another dozen hours of investigating!

RK

commissionerg

Aug 8, 2007
Texas
I think this problem is ROM related. I keep setting the ptt button for voice command but it only works sometimes. when I go in to the MSVC settings I keep having to check the enabled box because it wont stay checked. It does not announce any calls and when press the button on my bluetooth it does not do anything. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it. I know its not my bluetooth nor my ptt button because I had L26's diamond v6 and the MSVC worked flawless, but unfortunately his ROMS are to buggy for me.

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
I am on day 2 with my Tilt and loving it so far, however the voice command being left out is a sham. Any how on to my issue,
My TILT
1.62.502 ROM from January 08 that supposedly had a BT fix.
VC 1.6.19209
Plantronics 340 headset
BT seems to funcion ok with some white noise prior to installing VC, however after installing VC I get tons of static and popping which can only be cured by removing VC.
I want to keep this phone, however with California mandating cell usage while driving only if using hands free means this could be a deal breaker.
I did change the channel from 1 to 3 and while it may have been a placebo it did seem a little bit better.
I spent a few hours reading through BT related Kaiser threads last night and found no definitive answer.
I will track down a copy of the 1.6.17913 installer and see if there is any improvement before I shell out 30-40 dollars on software that does not play nice with my TILT and report back. In the mean time any suggestions on a fix are welcome.
z

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
I will track down a copy of the 1.6.17913 installer and see if there is any improvement before I shell out 30-40 dollars on software that does not play nice with my TILT and report back. In the mean time any suggestions on a fix are welcome.
z

I don't know why you are looking to install 1.6.17913 when you already are running 1.6.19209. That would be going to an older version that probably won't even work (especially with a 6.1 ROM).

I have never heard of any complaints with BT quality because of VC. VC doesn't replace your core BT stack, so quality should be the same before or after.

You've got hundreds of people using MSVC on their Tilt posting on this board. For all of MSVC's issues, nNot a single post (other than yours) references sound quality performing worse with MSVC installed.
If anything I would look to another BT headset.

ridr

Apr 23, 2008
msvc_toggle

Hi bengalih

ROM 3.28.405.0 WWE (official HTC TyTNII wm6.1)
MSVC 1.6.19209

I have installed the 2 toggles. The free/busy toggle vibrates once/twice when I use it. The announcement bt/speaker toggle does nothing.

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hi bengalih

ROM 3.28.405.0 WWE (official HTC TyTNII wm6.1)
MSVC 1.6.19209

I have installed the 2 toggles. The free/busy toggle vibrates once/twice when I use it. The announcement bt/speaker toggle does nothing.

There was an issue with the script where it only worked if your "only during free time" box was checked. I have updated the post with a new version (1.1) that fixes this issue.

Give it a try.

ridr

Apr 23, 2008
scripts

Thanks, msvc_toggle works perfectly now. How do I write scripts to toggle msvc 'enabled' on/off and 'messaging' on/off. I also want to write a script to toggle SPB Phone Suite 'phone notifications' on/off.

YYYYY

Sep 29, 2006
Tunis
Anyone find a solution for the announcements for a hotmail account? Or who use a hotmail account for email and gets an announcement by VC?

Hellsblade

Apr 10, 2006
Amsterdam
trigger another media player

Hi Bengali,

Do you know if there is a way to trigger a third party media player when using voice command? I use S2P wich already uses the the WMplayer decoder.

rgrds,
Hellsblade

dalavar

Oct 17, 2007
Washington State
Sony HBH-DS980

Anyone having any luck with this and a HBH-DS980? I can get all things to function as per first post except I keep losing connection to the bluetooth. I will hit my call button and VC will (ting) I tell it to "dial xxx-xxxx" and it dials but just before the call starts rining my bluetooth unpairs and I have to repair it to continue the call. It's driving me nuts.

Hellsblade

Apr 10, 2006
Amsterdam
This was covered in another post. Short answer...nope.

thx Bengalih. I didn't bother to search the thread, sorry for that. Maybe its because your posts are more like lectures and very thorough and extensive.

Anyone having any luck with this and a HBH-DS980? I can get all things to function as per first post except I keep losing connection to the bluetooth. I will hit my call button and VC will (ting) I tell it to "dial xxx-xxxx" and it dials but just before the call starts rining my bluetooth unpairs and I have to repair it to continue the call. It's driving me nuts.

I have HBH-DS980 also, its working correctly most of the time, but i have different experiences with different ROMs. It is my impression that although more than 1 bluetooth device is supported, keeping only one connection active gives me the best results.

rgds,
Hellsblade

NB: Maybe A2DP toggle from teksoft can help you out (use google). But don't use the today util it drains the battery. Use the command line tool instead.

Last edited:

solal

Apr 29, 2006
Do you think it could be possible to get the ring sound in the speakerphone and the voice which say the name in the bluetooth headset when you activate the incoming call anouncement ?

I think it could be useful when you have got the phone in your pocket and the headset close to you to hear who is calling you.

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
Do you think it could be possible to get the ring sound in the speakerphone and the voice which say the name in the bluetooth headset when you activate the incoming call anouncement ?

I think it could be useful when you have got the phone in your pocket and the headset close to you to hear who is calling you.

You should probably go back and read the guide. Especially posts 6,7, & 8.

solal

Apr 29, 2006
I have read them but i don't see a part where only the ring sound come from the speakerphone and in the same time only the voice anouncement come from the headset. Maybe you can help me to find this if it exist, i will be very happy with this option on my new htc diamond.

Thx in advance

JamesMB

May 15, 2008
I have read them but i don't see a part where only the ring sound come from the speakerphone and in the same time only the voice anouncement come from the headset. Maybe you can help me to find this if it exist, i will be very happy with this option on my new htc diamond.

Thx in advance
Your answer is in post 7 and the workaround is in post 8.

number16

Jan 12, 2007
Hi bengalih,

First of all, a GREAT writeup. You've been a LOT more helpful than Microsoft on the MVC!

I've installed MVC 1.6.19209 on both my phone (HTC Touch) and my wife's phone (Treo 750) but I have a bit of a strange problem with MVC on my wife's treo.

Right after I install MVC on her Treo, it works perfectly fine. I can hear the all the announcements through the BT headset. No problem at all.

However, after a soft reset, the announcement through the BT headset no longer works. When I press the BT headset button, the 'notification beep' comes from the phone's speaker, and not the BT headset anymore. It is also getting the voice command from the phone's mic, not the BT headset. All incoming call announcements are played from the phone.

Worse, messaging and calender notifications don't work anymore. They are not played at all, either through BT headset or phone speaker.

I checked my MVC setting and everything is setup fine (Notification is selected to play through BT headset whenever possible, and all the notifications are turned on)

I tried resetting my phone again, and deleted and re-paired the BT headset, and didn't seem to help.

I then did a hard reset, and installed MVC again, and everything works fine again! Until the next soft reset, then I got all the same problems back.

It seems like there's something in the MVC install that actually changed the registry setting to screw it up, and it only initiates after the first soft reset. I can't figure out what it is though ... I checked the registry settings for what's on your first post and they're the way they should be.

Can you shed any light on it?

Greatly appreciates your help!

BTW 19209 works perfectly fine on my HTC Touch, and my wife's Treo 750 (HTC Cheetah) is running Windows 6.1.

Last edited:

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hi bengalih,

First of all, a GREAT writeup. You've been a LOT more helpful than Microsoft on the MVC!

I've installed MVC 1.6.19209 on both my phone (HTC Touch) and my wife's phone (Treo 750) but I have a bit of a strange problem with MVC on my wife's treo.

Right after I install MVC on her Treo, it works perfectly fine. I can hear the all the announcements through the BT headset. No problem at all.

However, after a soft reset, the announcement through the BT headset no longer works. When I press the BT headset button, the 'notification beep' comes from the phone's speaker, and not the BT headset anymore. It is also getting the voice command from the phone's mic, not the BT headset. All incoming call announcements are played from the phone.

I really can't offer too much insight to devices other than the Tilt, since I don't have one to work with. However, since it is working after initial install and not after reboot, it sounds like it should be able to work.

I would check the: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway
entry mentioned in the guide BEFORE you install MSVC (you might need to do a clean restore to figure out what it was before you installed MSVC. After MSVC is installed, try setting this value back to what it was prior to MSVC and then soft-reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.