Official English version of MIREN browser (aka. Charming browser, MIUI browser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wxrjack

Nov 6, 2010
Thanks for all the interest and comments! Esp. thanks jpsiemer for the translation and introduce our browser to XDA community.

We just added official English language support in our browser.

- English translation
- Adjustment of Top sites
- Remove certain feature not ready for English version
- Add user agent support (in Settings->Advanced->Web page)

PLEASE UNINSTALL OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALL THIS BROWSER.

Keep your comments coming. Also, if you are willing to help us translate to other languages. See attached xml file.

We will try to address issues you find before put it into Google market.

Thanks all!!! Have fun!!!

Language package available now. Thanks!!! Please help us on other languages!!!

Spanish: fridlack
Dutch: Kees Kluskens
French: RESCOFFI4
German x3202
Hungarian sempi601
Polish pl_laszlo

Attachments

• MiRen_Browser_English_Official.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 17,908
  • MiRen_Browser_Strings.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 3,014
Last edited:

cheerio123

Nov 3, 2010
If you want to translate into another language then download the zip as well.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

obarbosa

Mar 23, 2008
I tried it and found some little problems for the moment :
- menu->settings : need translation at the bottom tabs
- using bandwidth mode (settings), when I load a new web page I see chinese words
- visiting Google.com, Google says that there is a security problem with my browser witch send automatically requests. Then I must type some characters and confirm that I'm not a robot !!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

fridlack

May 28, 2009
Gava, Barcelona
I tried it and found some little problems for the moment :
- menu->settings : need translation at the bottom tabs
- using bandwidth mode (settings), when I load a new web page I see chinese words
- visiting Google.com, Google says that there is a security problem with my browser witch send automatically requests. Then I must type some characters and confirm that I'm not a robot !!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Google is working fine here...

And seens like the png are still in chinesse, the lock rotation screen is in chinese too.

Hope you will fix it in next release

Best regards

le_lutin

Dec 24, 2009
Do you mean the word "Lock" when the screen rotates? That is in English for me.

Thanks wxrjack for making this. It's without doubt the best browser available in my opinion.

andmer

Oct 26, 2010
NYC
Any chance we could get an option for turning off exit app confirmation? When a URL is launched from inside an app, and i press back button to return to that app afterwards it gets in the way always asking.

fridlack

May 28, 2009
Gava, Barcelona
Do you mean the word "Lock" when the screen rotates? That is in English for me.

Thanks wxrjack for making this. It's without doubt the best browser available in my opinion.

Here is a screenshot, my default lenguage is spanish in,my device

cap2010111516411.jpg

Rohaq

Nov 13, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Issue here with Flash or youtube, I'm not sure: I played a youtube vid on a site, and then hit back; the video sound kept playing. I hit home, and it kept going. Eventually I hooked up to my phone using the shell access in adb, and killed the browser process manually, only then did it stop.

GU5TAF

Feb 9, 2010
Stockholm
gu5taf.deviantart.com
Works absolutely fantastically! :D
No more music icon which is useless for us non-chinese users, thankyou very much for this wxrjack and the rest of the Miren team (if there are anymore).

One little question though, will this be able to update from within the browser like the chinese version can when a new update comes out?

I would also be happy to add swedish to the available languages, I don't need it myself as I'm a native english speaking swede but others might apreciate it.

Last edited:

godutch

Jun 29, 2009
www.burgerforumeu.nl
Here is a screenshot, my default lenguage is spanish in,my device

cap2010111516411.jpg

Confirmed, my locale is nl_nl, also the 2 buttons at thebotton in the menu are still chinese(the one for general and advanced settings)

Also I noticed the market page is still chinese, so I guess us international users will be upgraded to chinese version when a new one is released

Last edited:

fridlack

May 28, 2009
Gava, Barcelona
Here is the Spanish translation, hope everything is ok! Thanks to MOITESPERA, they helped me a lot

Best regards

Attachments

• values-es.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

ridavid81

Aug 13, 2010
Couple things..

1. When you click on an address it doesn't ask if you want to launch in Google Maps like the stock browser. Instead it goes to a web based version of google maps.

2. On a site like ESPN mobile when I click to watch a video it just goes to a page that say you do not have permission to open this page. This is probably not a flash video since it's on the mobile site. Works fine in the stock browser. The stock browser opens it in the android video player.

3. Finally, any chance for adding an on demand setting for flash.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for all the interest and comments! Esp. thanks jpsiemer for the translation and introduce our browser to XDA community.

We just added official English language support in our browser.

- English translation
    - Adjustment of Top sites
    - Remove certain feature not ready for English version
    - Add user agent support (in Settings->Advanced->Web page)

PLEASE UNINSTALL OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALL THIS BROWSER.

Keep your comments coming. Also, if you are willing to help us translate to other languages. See attached xml file.

We will try to address issues you find before put it into Google market.

Thanks all!!! Have fun!!!

Language package available now. Thanks!!! Please help us on other languages!!!

Spanish: fridlack
    Dutch: Kees Kluskens
    French: RESCOFFI4
    German x3202
    Hungarian sempi601
    Polish pl_laszlo
    Anyway, I see the button to add RSS feeds but is there anyway to remove RSS feeds?

Yes you can, just enter the rss feed that you want to remove and then tap the orange rss icon in top right of the window. It will become transparent, and that feed will be removed.
    Thank you. Will take it for a test drive :D

/CK
    Yay!! great work m8! i will send you the spanish translation as soon as i get it

Thanks so much for your support!

Best regards!
    This might sound dumb, but I'm new to all of this. Am I suppose to flash this or install it as an app?