|ROM |Oct 29 | Duttys Topaz WM6.5 LEO R8 RTM | OS 5.2.23016 |HTC SENSE||ONLINE||

Search This thread

tony81

Nov 28, 2007
Catania
Problem with e-mail setting

Hello everyone,
How do I set the mail server incoming and outgoing mail in the e-mail account?
thanks

sb09

Feb 18, 2008
Anyone set-up a Hotmail email account and able to change its settings (eg to change Send/Receive schedule)? Via Settings/Data Services, my Hotmail a/c is there is grey and I can't therefore get in to it to change it, whereas my Google Mail a/c works as usual.

I also tried to change settings through Mail (tab)/(Hotmail a/c)/Menu/ Account Settings - its greyed-out there too (and Google Mail is accessible again). Via Window Live settings it can't be accessed properly either. I can of course pull down my messages manually any time, but can't schedule it automatically at all.

Changing Hotmail a/c schedule settings has been no problem on any Dutty ROM until now for me. Anyone else got same issue? Dutty can this be fixed at all, perhaps in next ROM? Thanks.

mobilkungen78

Mar 22, 2009
Unknown
Anyone set-up a Hotmail email account and able to change its settings (eg to change Send/Receive schedule)? Via Settings/Data Services, my Hotmail a/c is there is grey and I can't therefore get in to it to change it, whereas my Google Mail a/c works as usual.

I also tried to change settings through Mail (tab)/(Hotmail a/c)/Menu/ Account Settings - its greyed-out there too (and Google Mail is accessible again). Via Window Live settings it can't be accessed properly either. I can of course pull down my messages manually any time, but can't schedule it automatically at all.

Changing Hotmail a/c schedule settings has been no problem on any Dutty ROM until now for me. Anyone else got same issue? Dutty can this be fixed at all, perhaps in next ROM? Thanks.

i have this prob to..cant change settings for hotmail account

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
I think I found the problem, it's because my phone dialer will only default to showing all calls and contacts, and that slows down the phone having to load all the numbers and pictures of the contacts. I tried to set it to only view speed dials, it works the first time but after I close up the dialer and open it again, the top part of the screen still shows calls and contacts and speed dials. do u have the same problem too? Thanks!
if you still not succed try doint exactly as i wrote i did it milion times and its always working.

tatoone

Oct 14, 2007
I haved setup ring when i received sms, but when i riceved sms the phone wake up but not ring.

I have changed HTc Sense in italian language.
Is this the problem?

Can anybody help me?

Last edited:

keanyiap

May 31, 2009
Hi,

I'm switch to animated wallpaper from weather wallpaper then there is no way for me to switch back to weather wallpaper, after i press weather wallpaper it straight took me inside to choose still wallpaper. so is there any idea to enable weather wallpaper on home screen??

Thanks....

arkavat

Apr 2, 2008
The weather and location update seems to be working quite nicely now.

Youtube does not seem to work properly. After you click on a video, it keeps showing "Connecting..." message for a long time and eventually gives a connection error.

Also, I iGO8 TTS refuses to work I tried disabling Manila.. but it did not help.

Last edited:

xtrememanix

Jun 2, 2009
unable to download weather data, twitter and stock data with GPRS or HSDPA

hi,

i just flashed to the R8 recently but is having problem with downloading datas for weather stock and twitter via my GPRS or HSDPA

but i'm able to surf the net with them .

and is there are way to get language and region setting for South East Asian countries ?

pardon me if these questions has been posted b4

thanks

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
hi,

i just flashed to the R8 recently but is having problem with downloading datas for weather stock and twitter via my GPRS or HSDPA

but i'm able to surf the net with them .

and is there are way to get language and region setting for South East Asian countries ?

pardon me if these questions has been posted b4

thanks
i had problem with weather updating both gprs & wifi so i reflashed and did hard reset and now all working good.

for asian language you need wince.nls try BeeGee_Tokyo rom i think its cooked in maybe he can help you...

GiiMmELuB

Oct 8, 2009
SoCo 92881
Hi,

I'm switch to animated wallpaper from weather wallpaper then there is no way for me to switch back to weather wallpaper, after i press weather wallpaper it straight took me inside to choose still wallpaper. so is there any idea to enable weather wallpaper on home screen??

Thanks....

same happens to me (i kind of don't mind though, i prefer it off :rolleyes:)

the more i text in Sense, the more unstable it becomes :( a shame because i prefer it 100% over winmo's texting.
for example when i'm texting my fast-fingered friend, it is very aggravating because it becomes so overwhelmed and starts to crawl. sometimes what i'm typing doesn't show up at all on the screen.
and when i tried to delete the older texts in the "all messages" view, it only deleted the incoming texts, not the outgoing :confused:

it kind of lags when going into the lock screen.

oh and i've flashed several times in the passed couple of days attempting to use both PIMBackup and MyPhone... both of those applications DOUBLE my contacts and calendar events and it's pretty annoying to have to go in and remove the duplicates :confused: not the ROMS fault, just wondering if anyone here has had the same issue.

has anyone been able to get the album artwork update to work in Sense music player?

Sense email preview isn't able display apostrophes (')

other than that, i'm very much enjoying this ROM still :)

geometrikal01

Sep 1, 2009
Townsville
great rom! first sense 2.5 rom i've tried that has been really speedy.

just one thing - i turned off vibration for the keyboard using dutty's disable keyboard vibration cab, how do I turn it off for everything??

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
oh and i've flashed several times in the passed couple of days attempting to use both PIMBackup and MyPhone... both of those applications DOUBLE my contacts and calendar events and it's pretty annoying to have to go in and remove the duplicates :confused: not the ROMS fault, just wondering if anyone here has had the same issue.
Did you Hard Reset post Flash?

deechte

Feb 1, 2007
Soest
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus 11
Dutty, your R8 ROM is really great. It's worth a couple of beers for me (1498-0037-5927-3064)!

I have only a few small wishes/remarks:
I too would like to have the Send button and use the left soft key for back again.
Me too. Or at least an x in the upper right corner. Like this there is no decent way to get out of the message. Isn't there a way to do this manually on R8 now?

Opera: there is no option anymore in the settings to make it identify itself as a handheld instead of a desktop. Therefore, Youtube links opened by Midomi lead to the www.youtube.com site instead of the m.youtube.com site, which doesn't work (javascript error). Where can I change that now?

i restored about 1000 sms + 100 calendar appointments + 150 contacts all with pimbackup no problems.

like this:
set my regional settings & time zone
SR
install "Disable HTC Messaging"
I've used the Zenyee cab method for a couple of times, but I found out that somehow, a lot of my older messages were gone in the process. Now I use Jeyo and it's doing the trick fine. No need to install Zenyee cab or disable threaded sms for me.

At last, Twitter is working fine for me, now that I don't automatically disconnect data connection. The login error might occur when you have no data connection (seen that on R6).