Motorola Defy Mini low internal storage space

Search This thread

KuGeL94

Jun 5, 2012
Germany
esfmods.com
Hello i recently bought a motorola defy mini 600mhz 512mb ram 150mb internal storage and a 16gb sd card.
I have a couple of apps and the internal storage is already full, this is my first android phone and i have heard of rooting but it hasnt been discovered for my phone.
Is it possible to set the sd card memory to be seen as internal memory?
And is it possible to install a new android version?

Thank you

Sent from my XT320 using XDA

Last edited:

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Setting sd as internel memory is commonly referred to as "partitioning", where a part of the sd is used as internel mem...
However, for that, you require root access, and a kernel that supports init.d scripts...

Sent from my GT S5670 using xda free, (coz the premium keeps force closing :banghead: )

Reactions: KuGeL94

a.cid

Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
That is a difficult question to answer...
Does your device have a forum on xda? (Check in the legacy and low activity sub-forum)
If it has, things get a little easier since people can then come together and experiment with different methods...

I'm guessing it does not, so the next thing left is trial and error...
If you are willing to risk your warranty and a possible bricked device, you can try a few of the popular gb methods (I'm assuming your phone is on gb), like gingerbreak, superoneclick, or unviersal root tool etc...

HOWEVER, do this at your own risk, as you cannot hold anyone else responsible for any damages...

Also, from what I've heard, motorola phones usually have a locked bootloader...and unfortunately, I have no experience with such devices (as mine does not have a locked bootloader)...messing around with the bootloaders increases chances of bricking...

Sent from my GT S5670 using xda free, (coz the premium keeps force closing :banghead: )

Accecier

May 12, 2012
Breda
I doubt if SuperOneClick does the job. Rooting your phone is easy as 123 with that tool, but on some phones it turns out to nothing. I guess they already tried it.
It didn't work on my poor Mini...
It would be the best if you wait for an official method.:)
Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

Reactions: tzaq93 and KuGeL94

KuGeL94

Jun 5, 2012
Germany
esfmods.com
Yeah i have already used it but it didnt work.
I hope the official method comes out soon because its quite long since the release of the phone.

a.cid

Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Official method?
A phone gets root as people try to root it...there's nothing that the manufacturer does!
Its all trial and error...or some people study the source and find out ways to root!

KuGeL94

Jun 5, 2012
Germany
esfmods.com
Oh well by official method i was refering to a real coder or developer would find a way to root it.

Last edited:

Accecier

May 12, 2012
Breda
Official method?
A phone gets root as people try to root it...there's nothing that the manufacturer does!
Its all trial and error...or some people study the source and find out ways to root!

I mean a method that is tested by some pro people that know how to root it.

By the way, you might want to read this thread.
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1606353
Of course I don't try it since it is for Motorola phones only. And I have Samsung. Good luck though

Last edited:

KuGeL94

Jun 5, 2012
Germany
esfmods.com
That seems intresting but where do I get a rooted gingerbread userdata partition image (aka CG37) from?
I will try that method out and if it works or not I will report back.

Last edited:

tzaq93

Aug 28, 2009
Tulcea
So.. did someone managed to finally root the Defy Mini? How can a phone this cheap be so hard to root?

The processor in this phone can run from 600 to 800Mhz (as Qualcomm says), but it is blocked to 600 on the official room. This cpu should run fine at 900-1000Mhz. Also we would get even better performance if we manage to put a stock android on it and get rid of Motorola bloatware.

Last edited:

teja989

May 23, 2012
mumbai
hey i dont know whether this works or not but i found a flashable zip to root....

www . mediafire . com/?6a863tfqb9pc2d9(note der r some space in links bcoz my links are not visible without space...so remove spaces in link and go to link)

flash this file in recovery and see whether this file roots motorola defy mini or not....

pls reply what happens...
i am just helping you all to get your phone rooted pls dont insult me if it doesnt root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I doubt if SuperOneClick does the job. Rooting your phone is easy as 123 with that tool, but on some phones it turns out to nothing. I guess they already tried it.
    It didn't work on my poor Mini...
    It would be the best if you wait for an official method.:)
    suponia

same siatuacion here
    Setting sd as internel memory is commonly referred to as "partitioning", where a part of the sd is used as internel mem...
    However, for that, you require root access, and a kernel that supports init.d scripts...

That is a difficult question to answer...
    Does your device have a forum on xda? (Check in the legacy and low activity sub-forum)
    If it has, things get a little easier since people can then come together and experiment with different methods...

I'm guessing it does not, so the next thing left is trial and error...
    If you are willing to risk your warranty and a possible bricked device, you can try a few of the popular gb methods (I'm assuming your phone is on gb), like gingerbreak, superoneclick, or unviersal root tool etc...

HOWEVER, do this at your own risk, as you cannot hold anyone else responsible for any damages...

Also, from what I've heard, motorola phones usually have a locked bootloader...and unfortunately, I have no experience with such devices (as mine does not have a locked bootloader)...messing around with the bootloaders increases chances of bricking...