[ROM] [Team VeNuM's] VIRTUE 1.2a [MA7]

Search This thread

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
So what is system actually wiping

It nukes the ROM OS by itself, IIRC. Only way for me to be certain rather than operating off memory is to wipe my phone and watch the command line output, as the TWRP website isn't very informative as to what exactly does what.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

is it possible to change the carrier name?

Yes, I believe you can edit build.prop to do it. There should be threads on XDA about how to go doing it.

Macguyver

Mar 9, 2011
Re: [ROM] [Team Veritas] Virtue ver. 1.0 [LJC] - 27Jan

Downloading the torrent and will seed while on wifi.

jworkcoo

Mar 5, 2010
Columbus
www.abw711.com

If you wanted to just change one thing do you have to re flash the Rom again? I have everything set up the way that I want....I just want to get rid of the crt option.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
If you wanted to just change one thing do you have to re flash the Rom again? I have everything set up the way that I want....I just want to get rid of the crt option.

Negative, run the full ZIP installer and in the top menu select "mods" near the bottom. Then select whatever GUI mods you want to change. And only those items selected will be changed.

Sideous

Dec 11, 2012

finally got my status bar fixed. found the thread I has been looking for with the status bar mod and toggles.

anyways screen shot of my battery finally fixed with the icons I wanted.

eniLJIk.jpeg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado

finally got my status bar fixed. found the thread I has been looking for with the status bar mod and toggles.

anyways screen shot of my battery finally fixed with the icons I wanted.

eniLJIk.jpeg

Dud3 can you share that live wallpaper your rocking looks sick man

sent from my baddazz alieonic note2!!!

Reactions: sliverr7x

Sideous

Dec 11, 2012

all the words are uccw widgets and the wallpaper is pretty blank. I can upload it later.

I forgot where I had got the files.

Mundo Hackz

Dec 3, 2012
Belleville, NJ
jinseisugoi.com

all the words are uccw widgets and the wallpaper is pretty blank. I can upload it later.

I forgot where I had got the files.

Wthh u guys make it look nice as he'll but I can't never do that -_-

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Dud3 can you share that live wallpaper your rocking looks sick man

sent from my baddazz alieonic note2!!!

Nova launcher????

Sideous

Dec 11, 2012

ok guys let's stay on track about the room.

here is a link to get your phone setup like mine. There is a video guide also. I used nova launcher.

any questions pm me so we don't derail this rom thread.

http://mycolorscreen.com/2012/12/19/vintage-10/

nikonx

Jun 4, 2007
First bug. When I hit the lock button, the lock screen comes up but the phone doesn't turn off immediately. There is a delay. Or it will shut off and then the screen will come back on. Any ideas?

First bug. When I hit the lock button, the lock screen comes up but the phone doesn't turn off immediately. There is a delay. Or it will shut off and then the screen will come back on. Any ideas?

Its a computer man not everything will work in a nano second

Rockin it from my macknote2

nikonx

Jun 4, 2007
What lockbutton where? I don't understand where you're coming from.

Either a screencap or verbage to help us know what is or isn't going on.

Didn't know there were multiple lock buttons on this device... I am referring to the hardware power/ lock/wake button on the right side. When I depress this button, the screen will sometimes go off and then come back on showing the lock screen and then a few seconds will go by before the screen will stay off.

Its a computer man not everything will work in a nano second

Rockin it from my macknote2

I didn't say it wasn't working in a nano second and that that is what I was asking for. I've used a lot of ROMs and the normal behavior of the power/lock button has always been that the screen shuts off until I hit the button again to wake the device.

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Didn't know there were multiple lock buttons on this device... I am referring to the hardware power/ lock/wake button on the right side. When I depress this button, the screen will sometimes go off and then come back on showing the lock screen and then a few seconds will go by before the screen will stay off.

I wasn't certain if you were referring to a software button in the ROM or a hardware button...I'll investigate, because I think I've seen this myself, come to think of it...

rbtrucking

Dec 19, 2011
I wasn't certain if you were referring to a software button in the ROM or a hardware button...I'll investigate, because I think I've seen this myself, come to think of it...

Havent ran this rom so cant say but if it has crt off animation that is whats causing it. Its a known bug when running crt off animation. On a side note, if I am running an LK8 rom with the LK8 firmware I cant use this rom, correct?

Reactions: nikonx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [Team Veritas] Virtue ver. 1.1 [MA7] - 17Mar

Hello guys,

I know it's been a while but right now I am on a break, as there really isn't anything worth me doing at this point. The ROM is, to me ok. I am waiting for 4.2.2 to come out. I have seen some leaks, but I want to wait for an official version before I buckle down and start something.

Some of you have asked what is going to be in the next version, I really can't answer that, as I am not sure in the direction I want to go, aside from that I need to sit down with Chaz, and see where we are going with this. He is the lead dev on this ROM.

Anyways, the following is some instructions on how to stop that pesky MC2 update from popping up. I have tested it for 3 days with no problems, I hope it works for you all;

1. Use ES File Manager or ROOT Explorer, and go into your system and turn mount from r/w to r/o.
    2. Find build.prop and rename it to build.bak.
    3. Download this file - build.prop save it to your sdcard.
    4. Copy the build.prop file you downloaded over to your system folder.
    5. Set permission to Read All 3 checked and write with owner checked or w-r-r-r
    6. Reboot and you should be good to go.

If by chance you still have the problem look in your cache folder located /Device/cache folder and delete the update file from there. Personally I didn't have to do this step as the Update never downloaded. I wish you all luck, and to my fellow Marines, and servicemen and women, thank you all for your service. Be safe this Memorial Day weekend.
    Virtue Bugs - Change logs

In order to keep this thread clean, please report all bugs and feature requests at our site TEAM-VERITAS the reason for this, is as this thread expands it will be difficult to keep track of all bugs and requests. Therefore if reported on our site it will be easier to track and the turn around will be much faster and smoother.

Welcome To Team VeNuM
    Ok all I was officially accepted to TEAM VENUM so this is a BIG honor and I look forward to working with this great bunch of People....
    VIRTUE 1.2
    LockScreen.png

Features

- Fully customizable Morphology
    - 15 Toggle Mod
    - Build Prop Mods
    - 4 n 1 boot
    - Multi Window Mod
    - Wifi Tether - (Joshbeach)
    - Take Picture while in call
    - Total Launcher Page Count
    - Default pg Number Perseus Kernel 33.4 - (AndreiLux)
    - LightSaber Sound on Pen Removal - (Rob the Plummer)
    - ASOP Lock Screen (must turn off Ripple effect)

ADDITIONS

-MA7 Update
    -Removed CRT Animation
    -Added Side Transparency ON and Off
    -All Side App Mod - Viperboy
    -Removed ROM Branding
    -Call Recording On/Off
    -Chaz187 Colour keyboards
    -Finger Ink
    -Skip Track
    -1x Enabled
    -Msg Reply All Enabled
    -Group Message Enabled
    -Email Over SMS Enabled
    -Increased MMS Size
    -Increased MMS Max Video Resolution 640x480
    -MSG Callback Enabled
    -Notification Vibrate Enabled
    -SMS Callback Number Enabled
    -Add to Reject List
    -Call in list Buton
    -Menu Download Content
    -Menu Block Call Msg
    -MMS Delivery reports
    -SMS Delivery reports
    -Camara Shutter Menu
    -Find My Mobile
    -Removed Full Battery Notification
    -Added Ad Away

Directions to Install

1. Ensure you make a backup.

2. Reboot into TWRP

3. Nandroid Backup, Wipe Cache 3x's, Wipe Davlick Cache 3x's, Wipe System 3x's, and don't forget to do a Factory Reset.

4. Select Custom Install, select your apps, mods you like. The ROM has already been installed with a Theme by default. It's the Fleur.
    So, there is no need to install it again. (We have found that doing the custom install first then coming back and selecting mods will less likely cause problems) That should help with some of the mods not sticking. Also, Please do not select SilkUI or Stock Pulldown options at the same time.

5. Reboot Let it stabilize for about 10 minutes.

6. Enjoy.

Changelog

31Mar13

-MA7 Update
    -Removed CRT Animation
    -Added Side Transparency ON and Off
    -All Side App Mod - Viperboy
    -Removed ROM Branding
    -Call Recording On/Off
    -Perseus Kernel 33.4
    -Rompnit's Morphology 1.5
    -Chaz187 Colour keyboards
    -Finger Ink
    -Skip Track
    -1x Enabled
    -Msg Reply All Enabled
    -Group Message Enabled
    -Email Over SMS Enabled
    -Increased MMS Size
    -Increased MMS Max Video Resolution 640x480
    -MSG Callback Enabled
    -Notification Vibrate Enabled
    -SMS Callback Number Enabled
    -Add to Reject List
    -Call in list Buton
    -Menu Download Content
    -Menu Block Call Msg
    -MMS Delivery reports
    -SMS Delivery reports
    -Camara Shutter Menu
    -Find My Mobile

26Jan13

-All in one AROMA Script that will allow you to
    -Install everything you want, how you want
    -Wifi Tether Option works!!!
    -Andriod 4.2 Keyboard baked in
    -Take Picture while in call enabled
    -Removed Phone Recording
    -Enabled Menu Ad to Reject List
    -Total Launcher Page count from 5 to 7
    -Perseus Kernel 31
    -Added LJCFix with Garwynn's Help
    -ASOP Lock Screen(must turn off Ripple Effect)
    -Clear AccuWeather Widget
    -Animations
    -CRT

Credits

There are so many people to thank, if I miss anyone please forgive me. Everyone is listed in no particular order;

Skripka - Beta testing. Thanks for breaking the ROM, to help make it better.
    Chaz187 - Unbelieveable keyboards, and transparency mods and for being there always.
    KevinRocksMan - for his sick Boot Animation. Thanks Kev for your unselfish sharing of knowledge.
    Digiblur - Battery notification mod.
    Skunkape - for your unselfish help. Thanks for everything old man.
    Rompnit and Naddict - for his Morphology.
    Mack - for his idea of bringing it over to the Note2.
    Andreilux - For the Kernel
    Viperboy - For All Side App Mod and 4n1 reboot
    T3Project - Deodexed MA7
    Benny3 - For his help and knowledge
    Scrolser - founder of Scotts ROM for his unselfish help

My Team VeNuM guys
    sleshpic, dazednconfused, rujelus22, sniper, joshbeach - thank you all for your patience, and support and your thorough explanations.

and lastly
    VeNuM, Kennyglass123 - Thank you both for your unwaivering support, and at times, help when I needed it.

Regarding feature requests and bug reports, PLEASE keep them out of this thread and post them on our official forums. The reason for this is to keep this thread clean and for us to keep track of these wants and issues as much more easily.

Now for all of you who have followed me on this journey, I want to thank you all. You may ask why it took so long to put out, well MA7 was just a beast, and I wasn't going to put out a semi-functional product. Is the ROM perfect, no, but to me and the guys it's 98 percent perfect, and that's damn good enough for me.

I also have something else I want to add. I will no longer be heading this project, I have turned over this project to Chaz187 as the lead, and Skripka will continue to do his Monster Testing trying to break things. I will be behind the scenes, if Chaz187 needs me.

I have gotten accepted to TeAm VeNuM and look forward to starting some new projects, and learning some new things from the guys, and although I will be doing projects with VeNuM, Team Veritas, and Virtue, will always be near and dear to me. They are a great group of guys, and I will always be there when they need me.

Visit us on at
    IRC channel or Tapatalk or Team-Veritas

Download | MD5-2efaa4d1d00adf61d03469d5cf2c00e5

There will be no more bashing and complaints
    This ROM made my GF happy so
    Well...'nuff said!
    I will be watching......always

Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

No embarrassment, so ill explain why I left. I used an aroma script I did'nt build and I didnt ask permission to use it on my latest build which I thought wouldnt be a big deal since we're on the same team cause they were working on a better script and they were going to trash the one I used so I thought it would be alright, they were going to trash it anyway right "one mans trash and is another mans treasure" :p. So the guys got upset and so did I. I didnt ask gyrene cause I didnt want to bother him cause of his situation but all in all ill be back just starting over. Gyrene is still My boy, nobody's fault but mines shouldve just asked.