[Q] LG G2 screen problem - yellow spots

Search This thread

lexloci

Apr 2, 2014
After two months of use I suddenly discovered yellow spots on display, which can be seen in the light background.
Do you have any idea what can I do with it?

Attachments

• DSC_9063.jpg
    DSC_9063.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 14,240
  • DSC_9065.jpg
    DSC_9065.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 10,827
Reactions: brugazz

mike_spiky

Nov 15, 2007
After two months of use I suddenly discovered yellow spots on display, which can be seen in the light background.

I have the same problem, I'm going to send it away, I still have warranty, I hope they'll fix it soon.
I just hate this...

Attachments

• yellowSpot.jpg
    yellowSpot.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 4,597

dswagg2k10

Oct 3, 2010
I have the exact same issue in the exact same spot. I'm still under warranty, thing is I rooted my phone, went back to original room which was suppose to unroot my phone but when I go to the isis app, it says this is a rooted phone blah blah, so I'm scared I'm going to get an out of warranty fee. Tf do I do?

SwooperX

May 27, 2014
I read that some tablets have the same problems which are caused by the adhesive under the display. Turning on for some hours the display at full brightness can help in this situation. But I only know abaut this problem abaout new tablets. You have the problem with an few month old mobile...

Reactions: Claudiu678

Pickels

Dec 1, 2013
Yellow Spot no garantee??

Same here,

Yellow spots in the middle after a few minutes use. The spot gets bigger after intensive use and there is a small faint yellow line going from the spot to the bottom of the phone.

Went back to the shop with it, waited 4 weeks just to learn that LG does NOT think this is a fault of theirs so no garantee!!! My vendor is contacting them to find out what exactly makes them think this a is not a production flaw.

I'm gonna try and send it back to them anyway. This time i'll say its an overheating cpu in the description.

I had nothing but trouble with this LG phone. So if you'r planning to buy one I hope you read my posts before making a decission.

I'll keep you posted

mike_spiky

Nov 15, 2007
I got mine changed with a new one, after they tried to change the display and it didn't work. So, I suggest you to insist.
Good luck!

moonroy

May 26, 2010
I have the exact same problem. Yellow line on the top right of the screen. Looks just like your photos. I think it got there after some of the updates, the phone started to get really warm. Could it be some kind of burn? Melted glue? Guess I will have to take it to the shop, but not looking forward having it in the shop for a couple of weeks or more. Really annoying screen problem though.

Attachments

• 140725-150834.jpg
    140725-150834.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4,656

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
I have the exact same problem. Yellow line on the top right of the screen. Looks just like your photos. I think it got there after some of the updates, the phone started to get really warm. Could it be some kind of burn? Melted glue? Guess I will have to take it to the shop, but not looking forward having it in the shop for a couple of weeks or more. Really annoying screen problem though.

The yellow line issue has occurred on other devices. On the Surface pro it develops due to heat damaging the screen, you'll need to have yours replaced.

Transmitted via Geass

inedev

Aug 1, 2014
Hwy guys, FYI, we've established in another forum that it's the glue from (probably) only the first batch. Since then (probably) LG has started using better glue for the screen and thus no yellow spots. When it gets warm it gets yellower, when cold, it's back to uncolored.

harrisnehal

Jan 18, 2013
Karachi
Redmi Note 10
Hi All,

I am planning to buy LG G2 D802 for $399 with 7days replacement option & one yr international warranty.
I saw various complains regarding screen damage after few weeks/months use.
As the warranty claim is expensive & hard for me, due to non availability of LG service center in my country.
Please suggest me, whether I buy it or not?

Last edited:

jerry62

Jul 20, 2009
Kenosha, WI
LG G3 yellow spots

I have a new LG G3.
I recently noticed a yellow streak parallel with the shorter power connection side of the phone, quite visible when the background color is supposed to be white. If it's a glue issue, they've not upgraded the glue to prevent the problem.

I now do believe that it's an issue when the phone gets fairly warm. After coming into a cool air conditioned office and waiting a few minutes, the streak goes away (if I'm not constantly using the phone). You'd think they'd figure out how to avoid the problem. Someone's not doing enough homework, or they just don't consider the issue that important.

twist

Feb 23, 2006
I had a yellow spot show up far left middle of screen when the phone got real hot and now its at the top of the screen to the left. But its only there if the phone gets real hot. I also have garbage gps locking that loses signal a lot. But im affraid of rmaing and getting someone else's issues instead lol.

brugazz

Apr 9, 2008
Coimbra
Overheating screen burn - yellow stains - LG G2

Hello!

I have the same problem with my LG G2 D802.

I am trying to get i fixed by LG portugal.

I'll post the evolution and a few pictures soon.

If they don't fix it I'll expose this issue on my youtube channel because this is an obvius case of overheting devices that lead to screen burn.

My smartphone only start to increse its temperature when I use 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have the same problem, I'm going to send it away, I still have warranty, I hope they'll fix it soon.
    I just hate this...
    I read that some tablets have the same problems which are caused by the adhesive under the display. Turning on for some hours the display at full brightness can help in this situation. But I only know abaut this problem abaout new tablets. You have the problem with an few month old mobile...
    Yellow Spot no garantee??

Same here,

Yellow spots in the middle after a few minutes use. The spot gets bigger after intensive use and there is a small faint yellow line going from the spot to the bottom of the phone.

Went back to the shop with it, waited 4 weeks just to learn that LG does NOT think this is a fault of theirs so no garantee!!! My vendor is contacting them to find out what exactly makes them think this a is not a production flaw.

I'm gonna try and send it back to them anyway. This time i'll say its an overheating cpu in the description.

I had nothing but trouble with this LG phone. So if you'r planning to buy one I hope you read my posts before making a decission.

I'll keep you posted