bubor

Feb 7, 2013
pacman2.png

Download:
http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/pac4.4/
http://rpi.bubor.hu/bubor/dev/pac4.4/

Changelog:
20140327: first release
20140601: remove gmap, remove wifidirect ( it doest work)
20140608: android 4.4.3
20140627: android 4.4.4

Install:
* Read this
* To safe start with stock, boot at least once to stock ( you can ignore this step, but you might have issues)
* Use my latest TWRP.
* Factory reset( you may skip this, but dont report bugs)
* Install zip
* Enjoy

Issues:
If you have issue, please repeat installing steps, but start with flash stock with odin, and boot once with stock.
No sound with skype, no bt call sound. Fix
Capture picture and video has fixed rotation.
Video recording may crash with default (only?) app
Gps works, read this fix
Some app doesnt support our device, try older version, read this for list

Tell me

addons:
Face unlock support: http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/faceunlock.zip
Swap internal external sd: http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/change-fstab.zip ( it replaces fstab.n1, it should work with all KK)

Last edited:

bubor

Feb 7, 2013
.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="buborh/kernel_samsung_i927" path="kernel/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="stock" />
<project name="buborh/android_vendor_samsung_i927" path="vendor/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="omni" />
<project name="buborh/android_device_samsung_i927" path="device/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="pacman-4.4" />
<project name="tonyp/android_vendor_google" path="vendor/google" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

Makshow

Jun 10, 2013
Kharkov
Using this ROM for more than a week. It's very stable, and no issues so far except known that exists on all kitkat ROMs (one can find them in first post, and also avi isn't playing in default player and capacitive buttons (menu, home, back) are not responding sometimes for a couple of seconds after going out of deep sleep).
I already said about loads of features and customizations here, it's really great to have so many options to fine-tune the ROM, and there are even prebuilt build.prop and init.d tweaks (GPU interface acceleration make phone usage so smooth!). The PAC-Performance for CPU clock control allows to disable second core in our CPU, and this is what I recommend to everyone! The battery last longer with disabled second core and there are no performance lags at all in everyday tasks! That's much better option than to change governor for battery saving. Of course, you should enable second core back when playing games.

Reactions: dadashi.reza

eMPee584

@Makshow:
how does it compare to bubor's previous (4.3 based) PAC-releases, if you were using these? my i927 is still on the 20131106 build because I was ~roughly satisfied with stability and usability and didn't want to risk an jolly acceptable setup :eek:
@bubor:
Is this beast easy to build with your posted roomservice manifest, or does it need manual tinkering, give compile errors or so?
need a custom kernel build because I want to track per-process I/O usage with iotop and fatrace within my debian chroot and they need non-default CONFIG_TASKSTATS, CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT, CONFIG_TASK_IO_ACCOUNTING and CONFIG_FANOTIFY... :laugh:

Makshow

Jun 10, 2013
Kharkov
4.3 PAC and 4.4 PAC are different things. Prior to 4.4 PAC meant a blend of PA, AOKP and CM ROMs, so it has almost all the features of these roms for the cost of RAM and stability. PAC 4.4 was made from scratch based on CM 11 with additions of many non-heavy features taken from other ROMs. So the RAM usage is almost the same as in CM 11, but there are no PA UI settings, no AOKP 9-target lockscreen slider and so on. But there are OmniSwitch, Active Screen, Identicons... The most notable change from CM 10.2 to CM 11 is new Trebuchet launcher - but you should look at it yourself.
In 20140327 it was still an alpha release, but a stable one (credits for this are going to bubor's kernel and build tree, I presume. All ROMs he built are very stable).

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
Thank you Bubor for this PAC build and keeping the glide still a kicking device. I've been a fan of PAC roms since the first time I flashed one. Currently I'm still on the 4.2.2 rom by Kick, mostly for 1 reason, I can choose from a range of governors (from the LiteKernel by thegreatergood).

Is there a way you can port the governors from that kernel to something compatible for this rom? I tried decompiling the kernel when the PAC 4.3 came out, but I just got lost (I don't think I was using the programs correctly, or the correct programs). The link for the kernel mentioned is here (scroll down for the 4.2 version),
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2067896

bubor

Feb 7, 2013
Thank you Bubor for this PAC build and keeping the glide still a kicking device. I've been a fan of PAC roms since the first time I flashed one. Currently I'm still on the 4.2.2 rom by Kick, mostly for 1 reason, I can choose from a range of governors (from the LiteKernel by thegreatergood).

Is there a way you can port the governors from that kernel to something compatible for this rom? I tried decompiling the kernel when the PAC 4.3 came out, but I just got lost (I don't think I was using the programs correctly, or the correct programs). The link for the kernel mentioned is here (scroll down for the 4.2 version),
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2067896

Original litekernel doesnt support selinux, I dont think its right to use that.
What governor do you need?
Litekernel has many other modifications, include only governor is easy tasks.

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
Setup wizard - not working

Just flashed the newest release (factory and internal sd), and a popup saying "Setup wizard has stopped. Blame the Split Screen" appeared. I keep clicking the "ok", but it won't go away. Behind it, there is a popup saying something about the ASOP keyboard has stopped. :-/

I'm going to try the version before this, then try flashing this version over that (to avoid the setup wizard).

[Edit]
I tried the previous version (factory and internal sd), same setup problem. So I installed the 4.2.2 (kick) PAC (bare setup), then installed the newest PAC version on top without any wipe. It skipped the setup wizard, but kept showing errors and blaming it on the split screen (mostly the keyboard crashing, even in places where the keyboard isn't used like the settings menu).

Last edited:

bubor

Feb 7, 2013
Lol, I did factory reset, but still not welcome wizard at all.
would you send me logcat?

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
Startup logs

Lol, I did factory reset, but still not welcome wizard at all.
would you send me logcat?

Took awhile to get the computer to see the device (computer kept saying "unable to install drivers"). After I got the logs running, I pressed "ok" a few times at the setup wizard place, saved the logs...then the computer lost connection with the device.

Hopefully this log does something good, I'm going back to the Kick version of PAC till something is found.

p.s. for this test, I FC then went straight to installing the new PAC

Attachments

• log.txt
    307.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Makshow

Jun 10, 2013
Kharkov
Yes, I didn't have welcome wizard too when installed PAC. I thought: "wow, how convenient!". :) I was a bit tired of this wizard when installing many different ROMs. :)
Installed 20140416 version on top of 20140327. Everything went smooth, no issues so far. Let's test some new governors. :)

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Wheatley governor seems to work as intended. A fine thing, but I still prefer Interactive with second core offline. :) Less lags, and 1 core with interactive should be less battery consuming than 2 cores with Wheatley? Or not? Will test it someday.
Smartass and smartass2 seems to be not working as intended. Smartass ramps the clock to 816 Mhz and stays on it whole time when the screen is on, Smartassv2 makes the same, but with 1000 Mhz like performance governor.
Also, there is no access to the settings for any of these three governors.

Last edited:

bubor

Feb 7, 2013
Yes, I didn't have welcome wizard too when installed PAC. I thought: "wow, how convenient!". :) I was a bit tired of this wizard when installing many different ROMs. :)
Installed 20140416 version on top of 20140327. Everything went smooth, no issues so far. Let's test some new governors. :)

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Wheatley governor seems to work as intended. A fine thing, but I still prefer Interactive with second core offline. :) Less lags, and 1 core with interactive should be less battery consuming than 2 cores with Wheatley? Or not? Will test it someday.
Smartass and smartass2 seems to be not working as intended. Smartass ramps the clock to 816 Mhz and stays on it whole time when the screen is on, Smartassv2 makes the same, but with 1000 Mhz like performance governor.
Also, there is no access to the settings for any of these three governors.

dont you think disable one core makes it bugs?
It works "fine" for me, I mean it changes min to max well when both core enabled.

Reactions: keiany

Makshow

Jun 10, 2013
Kharkov
After new ROM flashed, kernel settings are reset to default, so both cores were enabled. When screen is off, governors are also working fine: gradually slows the CPU and entering deep sleep. Well, maybe, there's some problem on my side because I did no wipe before install. I wasn't going to use smartass anyway. :)
By the way, thank you for a ROM update!

ReznikAkime

Jun 19, 2008
Would it be possible to get just the kernel? Or apply the updates to grakernel? The PAC ROMs seem inherently unstable, (I call it the "Too Much ****" syndrome) but your unofficial cm11 ROMs are rock solid. Best Glide ROM thus far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pacman2.png

Download:
    http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/pac4.4/
    http://rpi.bubor.hu/bubor/dev/pac4.4/

Changelog:
    20140327: first release
    20140601: remove gmap, remove wifidirect ( it doest work)
    20140608: android 4.4.3
    20140627: android 4.4.4

Install:
    * Read this
    * To safe start with stock, boot at least once to stock ( you can ignore this step, but you might have issues)
    * Use my latest TWRP.
    * Factory reset( you may skip this, but dont report bugs)
    * Install zip
    * Enjoy

Issues:
    If you have issue, please repeat installing steps, but start with flash stock with odin, and boot once with stock.
    No sound with skype, no bt call sound. Fix
    Capture picture and video has fixed rotation.
    Video recording may crash with default (only?) app
    Gps works, read this fix
    Some app doesnt support our device, try older version, read this for list

Tell me

addons:
    Face unlock support: http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/faceunlock.zip
    Swap internal external sd: http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/change-fstab.zip ( it replaces fstab.n1, it should work with all KK)
    I mostly use Wheatley, seems to be the nicest on performance vs battery life (IMO). If that one can't be added, then SmartAssV2 :p.

included in the latest release, please test it and report back.
    .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="buborh/kernel_samsung_i927" path="kernel/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="stock" />
    <project name="buborh/android_vendor_samsung_i927" path="vendor/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="omni" />
    <project name="buborh/android_device_samsung_i927" path="device/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="pacman-4.4" />
    <project name="tonyp/android_vendor_google" path="vendor/google" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    </manifest>
    updated today, that is 4.4.4
    update to pac_i927_4.4.Beta-1.0_20140526-084354.zip, please test it and report back.

edit: fail to boot, dont try it.