igo8

Search This thread

gargarag

Jan 4, 2010
IGO 8 currently not work properly on Mega.If U wanna try,just type igo torrent on Google:eek:

Prescott-GDF

Jan 14, 2010
Hi guys,

I having some issue with IGO8 version 8.3.4 on my Touch2. If I set the device settings in IGO menu to "backlight always on" or "Smart Powersaver", than I m not able to search city and in the search bar is shown a strange character + I get a strange beep tone. If I set in IGO device settings to "use device settings" than it works properly, but of course uses my settings from WM, which will turn off the backlight after the set period.
I am a little bit frustrated about the issue.
I already tried some things posted for Touch HD like editing the sys.txt but without success.

[device]
Type="ALIAS_TOUCH HD"
sdcard_dsk_num=7

*of course tried with the follow as well:

type="HTC Touch2"

Anybody has the same problem, any idea to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

l67

Jan 19, 2010
Hi,

you can try this sys.txt:

[device]
type="ALIAS_TOUCH2"
sdcard_dsk_num=7

[roundaboutcam]
enabled=0
centery=20

[debug]
enable_buildings=1
enable_roadshadow=1
enable_roadsign=1
show_oneway_3d=1
show_oneway=1
disable_3d=0
show_arrows_on_route=1
show_lane_info=1
skip_eula=1

[map]
show_oneway=1
3d_landmarks=1
3d_buildings=1
3d_buildings_distance=2
3d_dem=1
3d_dem_detail=2
3d_roads=1
3d_tunnels=1
popup_info=1

[power]
backlight_day=90
backlight_night=50

copy/paste in your sys.txt

for me was ok

TangerineTractor

Sep 8, 2006
Very simple fix...

Open the sys.txt, and change
[power]
backlight_events = 3

That fixes the backlighting and keyboard issues.

(But TomTom 7 is still better if you want proper navigation istead of an app full of useless gimmicks !)

zvoner5

Jan 27, 2010
Cluj-Napoca
Very simple fix...

Open the sys.txt, and change
[power]
backlight_events = 3

That fixes the backlighting and keyboard issues.

(But TomTom 7 is still better if you want proper navigation istead of an app full of useless gimmicks !)

I tried this solution but it doesn't work. There was no [power] field in the sys.txt but I added one just like you wrote. And I still got the annoying beeping when entering the town and street name for the destination. Of course, this happens when iGO8 is set for baclight always on. Anyone else know what can be done about this?
(TomTom does not have maps for all the european countries. I guess it's good if you live in one of the bigger countries but where I live, iGO is the single app supporting local detailed maps.)

zvoner5

Jan 27, 2010
Cluj-Napoca
I tried this solution but it doesn't work. There was no [power] field in the sys.txt but I added one just like you wrote. And I still got the annoying beeping when entering the town and street name for the destination. Of course, this happens when iGO8 is set for baclight always on. Anyone else know what can be done about this?
(TomTom does not have maps for all the european countries. I guess it's good if you live in one of the bigger countries but where I live, iGO is the single app supporting local detailed maps.)

Well I found out that my version of igo was the problem and now that I've upgraded to 8.3.4 (before I had 8.3.2), the solution does indeed work and backlight can be set to always be on without fiddling with the entire phone's settings. [thanks bib*oops for the advice] :D

boki999

Aug 21, 2010

Same problem here. But there is solution.:)
Open the sys.txt in notepad and erase all text and put only this :

[device]
type="HTC Touch HD T8282"
sdcard_dsk_num=7

This works for me. I dont know why. :)