[PROGRAM] Updated:One Click Root/UnRoot (Mac and PC)

Search This thread

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.​

Credits:
LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.
gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.​

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair only. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox.

For the following models:
GT-I9000
Captivate SHG-I897
Vibrant SGH-959
GT-I9000M
Epic SPH-D700 (Untested but should work like other phones. Post with your results. This is harmless it will either work or it wont. It copies over 3 files to your existing build.)​

Rooting adds the following to your system and unrooting removes them:
/system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)
/system/xbin/su
/system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su​

More will follow as they are released. PM me to add your Galaxy S Model.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

PC Instructions:

galaxysoneclickrootallm.jpg

Download the app: here, mirror.

Watch the video for the full procedure on The Unlockr.
Video/Procedure Link Click Here

Requirements: Install Link: Dot Net Framework version 4

Rooting Instructions:

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_Vibrant_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe" file.

5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell follow the instructions in the CMD window.​

Mac Instructions:

oneclickmac.jpg

• It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.

Rooting Instructions:

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. Connect the phone to your computer.

3. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.

4. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.​

=====================================================================

Done! You are rooted.

Un-Rooting Instructions:
To Un-Root follow the same instructions except click on the Un-root button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to un-root as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock un-root all you want otherwise what is the point of un-rooting.

Getting Started with Android After Rooting:

Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:

Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734164

1. Install ROM Manager from Market.
  2. Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..

Last edited:

NOSintake

Jul 14, 2010
+1 for the program. I rooted it last Sunday, and am too on a Mac, but this should def make the process alot easier for people.

rabbivj

May 22, 2007
Atlanta
Man I wish this app came out sooner...Fkn awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Last edited:

decepticon

Mar 6, 2004
Backwoods Louisiana
One question since this seems to be a major topic as well, any way you could have it load a generic settings.db file or one click exit to the existing one for non-market apps?

That seems to be giving some people a bit of a headache.

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
One question since this seems to be a major topic as well, any way you could have it load a generic settings.db file or one click exit to the existing one for non-market apps?

I will see what I can do. I don't have a Captivate. I have a Vibrant. But I have sent a request to kirbo20 to send me his file. If I get it I will add it to the app.

Reactions: seeker9

wakeupkeo

Sep 4, 2009
This is awesome, I have been waiting for this!
I am having a problem though, I have gotten to the "press the One Root Button" step. The green shell screen says it can't load the update onto my sd card, so when I re-install packages, it can't find the zip file. It does reboot the phone though and it is set on debug, is there a step I missed? I do have another 8g speed6 sd card I put in the empty slot, could that be messing it up?

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Well sounds like your drivers maybe not set up right. go to start then run and open up prompt by typing cmd and see if "adb devices" runs and sees your device.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
Awesome work. I'll probably wait for the updated version with the "Unroot" option, but very cool nonetheless!

decepticon

Mar 6, 2004
Backwoods Louisiana
Here is my settings.db file. Some have speculated that it varies some from phone to phone so may need some testing.

It has been edited to enable non-market apps.

Attachments

• settings.db.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 231

evil5826

Jul 22, 2010
I created a duplicate batch for vibrant when it comes to rooting.
Ill paste the code in a sec.

Last edited:

evil5826

Jul 22, 2010
Side loading

Script I had for SL'ing didn't work cause once adb shell is launched batch imput no longer works.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.​

Credits:
    LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.
    gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.​

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair only. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox.

For the following models:
    GT-I9000
    Captivate SHG-I897
    Vibrant SGH-959
    GT-I9000M
    Epic SPH-D700 (Untested but should work like other phones. Post with your results. This is harmless it will either work or it wont. It copies over 3 files to your existing build.)​

Rooting adds the following to your system and unrooting removes them:
    /system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)
    /system/xbin/su
    /system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
    and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su​

More will follow as they are released. PM me to add your Galaxy S Model.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

PC Instructions:

galaxysoneclickrootallm.jpg

Watch the video for the full procedure on The Unlockr.
    Video/Procedure Link Click Here

Requirements: Install Link: Dot Net Framework version 4

Rooting Instructions:

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_Vibrant_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe" file.

5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell follow the instructions in the CMD window.​

Mac Instructions:

oneclickmac.jpg

• It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.

Rooting Instructions:

2. Connect the phone to your computer.

3. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.

4. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.​

Done! You are rooted.

Un-Rooting Instructions:
    To Un-Root follow the same instructions except click on the Un-root button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to un-root as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock un-root all you want otherwise what is the point of un-rooting.

Getting Started with Android After Rooting:

Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:

Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734164

1. Install ROM Manager from Market.
    2. Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..
    ^ If u just want Root.
    When I was on the official Froyo 2.2 i897UCKB1 (I see ur on KB2), the only way I was able to get Root was through this...View attachment 711191

Download/ extract the file/ open file/ right click and run as adminstrator the "SuperOneClick"/ go to phone Settings/ Applications/ Usb settings/ and select Mass storage/ back out of that and then select Development/ and put a check in the box of USB debugging/ Home/and then connect ur phone to the computer and then tap ROOT. The "psneuter" Exploit is the one that worked for me.

Hope this helps ya...

thank you, this really helped! it should be in the first post!

I will see what I can do. I don't have a Captivate. I have a Vibrant. But I have sent a request to kirbo20 to send me his file. If I get it I will add it to the app.
    Updated the app to include unroot. Created a new update.zip file that will remove root. Also fixed the CMD shell launching minimized.
    one click root or any other root seems to not be working with att captivate and 2.2 leaked froyo. just gets message E:signature verification failed installation aborted.

any ideas? would be nice to be able to use the root functions and apps

i had the same problem and flashed Odin back to the original ROM then the one click root worked.