FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KITCHEN] Raphael Kitchen (From JugglerLKR and JCEspi2005)

2,375 posts
Thanks Meter: 190

By jcespi2005, Senior Member on 25th July 2008, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2008, 10:20 AM |#31  
Flag Den Hoorn
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y

The BaseROM can be from whatever language you like, so long as it's for the Raphael!

In the HTCRT, it's either automated, or you need to use the Kaiser/Diamond settings, and change the device ID to "RAPH*****". The CID should be left at "11111111" and the ROM name/version can be changed to whatever you want.

This has gotten me a few steps further again.

Another question. Where can I find the information about what parts are needed to use a newer Windows Mobile build (like 20275). I've seen references to xip, os, sys, etc., but haven't found the right info on how to use those.
25th August 2008, 11:24 AM |#32  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnbaaij

This has gotten me a few steps further again.

Another question. Where can I find the information about what parts are needed to use a newer Windows Mobile build (like 20275). I've seen references to xip, os, sys, etc., but haven't found the right info on how to use those.

I think some of the best info on that, including some porting can be got from here. Some things may need to be changed, but the techniques used, and the explanations of XIP, OEM and SYS are good!
17th September 2008, 10:07 AM |#33  
Flag Amstelveen

More
Hey, first of all, this is a great toolset. Only I found a bug that noone will ever notice.
My situation: Using a macbook on Mac OS X with Windows XP SP3 running in Parallels (think vmware).
The files are on my MAC HD (using a samba-like-share) which is case-sensitive (this gives A LOT of "file not found"-errors)

The errors are due to one line in "1a.ExtractNBHContent.cmd"

The 11th line = "Copy BaseROM\OS.nb Temp\OS.NB"

Which should be "Copy BaseROM\OS.NB Temp\OS.NB"

Also for the sake of consistency this should be a useful tweak.
Sorry for bothering you with this

//edit:
Same thing om "3a.ExtractDumpXIP.cmd":
line 7 =
"..\tools\RomMaster.exe -x -w 5 -b 0x320000 OS.nb.payload -o xip.bin"

should be:
"..\tools\RomMaster.exe -x -w 5 -b 0x320000 OS.NB.payload -o xip.bin"

//edit2:
All the references to the word "tools" should be replaced with "Tools"
(same goes for "temp" -> "Temp")
17th September 2008, 01:18 PM |#34  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
jorann - me and jcespi update this kitchen soon, thanx for reply
17th September 2008, 03:39 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y

Attached is the one that works for me.

Strange... this file you have posted is the same file included in the kitchen. (binary compared and CRC Checksum are same value).

Anyway, the issues related to XIP extraction seems a little problem with the script...

I'm rewriting it and will post later a v0.6 version with new script (only one CMD instead lot of) and PagePool utility upgrade.

I've tested the new script with a WWE shipped ROM and works fine. Tomorrow i'll receive my raphael and will test the reconstruction part of the script.

Cheers
18th September 2008, 05:47 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
thank you very much for the kitchen.
i have a problem which til now still puzzles me.

i tried to cook using an official raphael rom as baserom. after changing to a CHS xip (20748) and after flashing, all the program windows are only a quarter size ...

is there a bug with the XIP or with the kitchen? if i replace the SYS with the 20748 CHS sys, then everything works. but if i replace the sys with 20748 WWE sys, the 1/4 size program windows bug appear ...

can u help me?
18th September 2008, 07:32 AM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffruff

thank you very much for the kitchen.
i have a problem which til now still puzzles me.

i tried to cook using an official raphael rom as baserom. after changing to a CHS xip (20748) and after flashing, all the program windows are only a quarter size ...

is there a bug with the XIP or with the kitchen? if i replace the SYS with the 20748 CHS sys, then everything works. but if i replace the sys with 20748 WWE sys, the 1/4 size program windows bug appear ...

can u help me?

I can't understand exactly what do you subts... the XIP or the SYS? same languaje or different one?

Are you trying to reconstruct a ROM really?

Cheers
18th September 2008, 08:03 AM |#38  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcespi2005

I can't understand exactly what do you subts... the XIP or the SYS? same languaje or different one?

Are you trying to reconstruct a ROM really?

Cheers

ok. i try to make it simple. havent been using english ever seen i move to china .. so please bear with me.

1. I use your kitchen to extract raphael official rom 1.90.405.1
2. i copied the os.nb.payload out to tools folder.
3. with the new simplified chinese wm6.1 20748 xip (xip_out.bin), i use the xipport to port it to the os.nb.payload file copied earlier.
4. with the new os.nb.payload file, i copied into the rom\ folder. i alter your script to use os.nb.payload instead of copying os.nb and extract again.
5. after building the rom, i flash my raphael. then the bug appears after the device is ready.

i will try to describe the bug. the tf3d is normal, and so is the menu. after pulling down the start menu and clicking on programs or settings or any of the non-htc icons, messaging, etc. the window that appears on the device is only shown at the top left quarter of the screen. which means, all of this windows are sort of being resize to 1/4 of the screen. it is practically not usable.

but if i do the following, then it will be normal.
1. open up the SYS\ folder in the kitchen. delete everything other than the 0409 folders and files.
2. Copy everything except 0804 files and folders from the SYS folder from a chinese extracted rom to the original kitchen\sys
3. build the rom again. after flashing, everything works per normal. no more 1/4 program windows showing at the top left quarter of the screen.

i hope i have explain my programs clear enough to be understand. really sorry if i sound confusing in the earlier post.

please kindly help me. i don't want to use the 20748 sys files and folders from the chinese rom as it is buggy. i face the same problem with the extracted SYS files and folders from panosha and dcs.

could you kindly tell me what seems to be the problem? i am going nuts...
18th September 2008, 08:33 AM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffruff

ok. i try to make it simple. havent been using english ever seen i move to china .. so please bear with me.

1. I use your kitchen to extract raphael official rom 1.90.405.1
2. i copied the os.nb.payload out to tools folder.
3. with the new simplified chinese wm6.1 20748 xip (xip_out.bin), i use the xipport to port it to the os.nb.payload file copied earlier.
4. with the new os.nb.payload file, i copied into the rom\ folder. i alter your script to use os.nb.payload instead of copying os.nb and extract again.
5. after building the rom, i flash my raphael. then the bug appears after the device is ready.

i will try to describe the bug. the tf3d is normal, and so is the menu. after pulling down the start menu and clicking on programs or settings or any of the non-htc icons, messaging, etc. the window that appears on the device is only shown at the top left quarter of the screen. which means, all of this windows are sort of being resize to 1/4 of the screen. it is practically not usable.

but if i do the following, then it will be normal.
1. open up the SYS\ folder in the kitchen. delete everything other than the 0409 folders and files.
2. Copy everything except 0804 files and folders from the SYS folder from a chinese extracted rom to the original kitchen\sys
3. build the rom again. after flashing, everything works per normal. no more 1/4 program windows showing at the top left quarter of the screen.

i hope i have explain my programs clear enough to be understand. really sorry if i sound confusing in the earlier post.

please kindly help me. i don't want to use the 20748 sys files and folders from the chinese rom as it is buggy. i face the same problem with the extracted SYS files and folders from panosha and dcs.

could you kindly tell me what seems to be the problem? i am going nuts...

Seems mixing XIP and SYS from different languaje is originating the problem, let me investigate a bit...

Cheers and thanks for the report
18th September 2008, 09:42 AM |#40  
Flag Amstelveen

More
great stuff! Hope you fixed the case-sensitivity problem, should make my life a whole lot easier
18th September 2008, 10:00 AM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcespi2005

Seems mixing XIP and SYS from different languaje is originating the problem, let me investigate a bit...

Cheers and thanks for the report

thanks for your help.
for your information, i used to mix languages and xip for diamond roms but somehow, this is the first time i encounter this with raphael roms. i thought they are the same but seems to me they react differently to mixing languages

by the way, the attach files is the XIP i used to mix. it is a raphael 20753 simplified chinese xip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xip_out.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.80 MB, 14 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)