Androguide.fr

Account currently disabled
Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Can I use it on stock kernel?

Fc at stock kernel too!

It doesn't open at all. :(
I'm working on the issue, it currently force closes when the sound control interface isn't present.

gpu n power management fcs.. cpu doesnot fc but cannot change any options der and cannot see anything.
Thanks, working on it.

EDIT: Here we go, please try this one on Stock kernel and DoomKernel and report whether you still have FC's/issues.

Attachments

• PimpMyZ1-fc-fix.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Ok so which one should we use the OP one or this one with ur Kernal (Pimp Kernal)?
Either one is fine is you're on Pimped Kernel, the newer ones just have more error checking.

Tried the most recent APK you uploaded (post 21) and get FC on opening the App
Locked Bootloader with stock kernel

6903 and I'm running 14.2.A.1.136

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot, we're getting closer.
Can you please try the apk attached to this post and tell me if the issue is still present (if it is please provide an updated logcat).

Attachments

• PimpMyZ1-fc-fix-2.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
Reactions: abbychauhan

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
This one works now...

Edit: all options on kernel control still fc, im on stock kernel with locked bl.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Alright thanks, now I see what's wrong, I just need to duplicate the fix I did for the sound control in the other sections.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Update

Thanks to the bugs report, all the FC's should now be fixed, the app now detects the kernel support for each feature properly.
This means the app should now be usable on any kernel for the Z1, of course only with the features that kernel supports.
I have also fixed the I/O Scheduler detection which was broken.

I've uploaded the app on Google Play, it should be available there in a couple hours.
Meanwhile, here is the apk: http://d-h.st/ePq

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
Thanks to the bugs report, all the FC's should now be fixed, the app now detects the kernel support for each feature properly.
This means the app should now be usable on any kernel for the Z1, of course only with the features that kernel supports.
I have also fixed the I/O Scheduler detection which was broken.

I've uploaded the app on Google Play, it should be available there in a couple hours.
Meanwhile, here is the apk: http://d-h.st/ePq

I tested and all beside CPU and GPU Control under Kernel Control works now on stock Kernel 136 FW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lsXWTiF.png
    Pimp My Z1

Introduction
    Pimp My Z1 is a sleek, holo, fully Open-Source (GPL v2 license) app which allows to control various sysfs interfaces present on some kernels for the Z1.
    Most features require either Pimped Kernel (for CM-based roms) or Doom Kernel (for Stock-based roms), but the CPU & GPU Control as well as Touch Screen control will work properly with any kernel including the stock one.

The source-code is available on my github at: https://github.com/Androguide/Pimp_my_Z1

Features
    • CPU Control:
      • Set your minimum & maximum CPU frequencies (and overclock if your kernel allows it)
      • Set a different Governor for each CPU core
      • Select your I/O Scheduler
      • View your current CPU frequency in real-time and with a graph

• GPU Control:
      • Set your minimum & maximum GPU frequencies (and overclock it if your kernel allows it)
      • Select your GPU Governor
      • View your current GPU frequency in real-time and with a graph

• Power Management:
      • Select your level of multi-core power savings, a.k.a sched_mc power savings (disabled/moderate/aggressive)
      • Toggle the IntelliPlug hotplug driver on and off
      • Toggle IntelliPlug's eco mode on and off
      • Toggle between the default early_suspend PM driver and the newer power_suspend PM driver

• I/O Tweaks:
      • Toggle Dynamic File Sync on and off
      • Set a different I/O Scheduler for the eMMC & the SD-Card

• Memory Management
      • Toggle Kernel Same-page Merging (KSM) on & off
      • Define the amount of pages to be scanned by KSM at each run
      • Define the amount of milliseconds KSM should sleep between each runs

• Miscellaneous
      • Define the vibrator intensity at kernel level
      • Manage Fast Charge mode & amperage level

• Sound Control:
      • Independently control the digital headphone output left/right channels gain at a hardware level
      • Independently control the analog headphone output left/right channels gain at a hardware level
      • Independently control the speaker output left/right channels gain at a hardware level
      • Control the microphone input gain at a hardware level
      • Control the camera microphone input gain at a hardware level

• Touch Screen Control:
      • Enable/Disable Pen Mode to allow/disallow the use of any non-plastic pen or object as a stylus for the touchscreen
      • Enable/Disable Glove Mode to allow/disallow using the touchscreen while wearing gloves
      • Enable/Disable Double Tap 2 Wake

Download

To-Do
    • Setting different I/O Schedulers for internal and external storage
    • I/O Scheduler parameters control, readahead
    • CPU Governor parameters control
    • TCP Congestion Algorithms
    • Touch-screen pressure scale tuning for normal & pen mode
    • Sound control through mixer_paths.xml for kernels which don't implement faux sound control (i.e: stock)
      [*]Performance/Balanced/Battery presets
    • Voltage control
    • Download of Pimped Kernel and open-recovery script to flash it automatically
    • You tell me

Screenshots

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pimp my Z1, a Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    Androguide.fr

Version Information

Created 2014-02-27
    Last Updated 2014-04-27
    Reserved

Reserved
    Reserved

Reserved 2
    v1.0.8-beta

I pushed a new update to google play & github.

Changelog
    • Touchscreen: added DoubleTap2Wake control
    • Miscellaneous: added Fast Charge control
    • CPU Control: use the contextual actionbar for min/max freq instead of applying right-away
    • Updated german translation thanks to @Henry2o1o

Download
    Update

I have just pushed a new update to Google Play (it should take about an hour to show-up on your device), here is the changelog and the apk direct download:

Changelog
    • Added Japanese translation (thanks to @RyokoN)
    • Fixed bug where some settings (sound control, I/O scheduler, sched_mc, pen/glove mode, etc...) didn't stick after a reboot, everything is applied properly after a reboot now.
    • Added more error-checking to CPU & GPU control in an attempt to fix FC's on some roms.
    • Fixed a bug where intelliplug wouldn't disable mpdecision
    • Fix permissions for pen/glove mode for roms where the owner is not correct

Download

Please note that you need to wait about a minute after a reboot in order for your settings to be applied. You will see the superuser toast.