How does the One record 1080p video?

Search This thread

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012
Well, I had an S2 before this, and I noticed that the 1080p video would be significantly zoomed in. I totally understood that this was because only the 1920x1080 pixels were being used, therefore the video was "cropped."

According to my calculations (which could be wrong), about 30% (?) of the vertical and 30% of the horizontal pixels are not should not be used on the One.

However, I see no "zoom" effect on the One. I took a screen shot of a video and an actual picture, and they both looked identical in size.
So, does the One record in full resolution (4MP) and then save it in 1080p? That seems unlikely b/c it's hard to do. What's going on here?

Here's the video:

Here's the picture:

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
If done properly on a camera, which is done on almost every camera, is down sampling. Essentially, the entire sensor is used but an algorithm throws out pixels in the middle. No cropping.

I might have the info slightly off as I'm not completely familiar with the technique.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sauprankul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If done properly on a camera, which is done on almost every camera, is down sampling. Essentially, the entire sensor is used but an algorithm throws out pixels in the middle. No cropping.

I might have the info slightly off as I'm not completely familiar with the technique.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app