[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
framwork-res and systemui are built using xhdpi as default..as a themer i want to thank you!!

finally no more hdpi crap..

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I built it off teamhacksung kernel repo. I was also surprised it didn't work properly but you weren't around on IRC so couldn't ask you ^^'
I'm going to check if the define is here in audio driver.

When Google will officially support it - I'm eagerly waiting this on my Nexus too :)

It was a clean build for sure - did it got merged into cm repos?
Yeah, you'll never see me on IRC during the day Eastern Standard Time... Makes coordinating with Euro devs a pain! :(

Lately all of the kernel work has been in the cyanogenmod main kernel repo - it was merged into the mainline CM repos with the switch to inline building. The teamhacksung tree is pretty old. In fact, you shouldn't even need to do any local_manifest hackery for the kernel repo, just for the device repo.

The whole inline kernel building thing is a major freaking pain in the ass for kernel maintenance work... :(

Device tree is still teamhacksung - My main reason for asking about the clobber was due to a user commenting about the bootanimation. However, if the bootanimation is fullscreen you're OK.

Last edited:

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Yeah, you'll never see me on IRC during the day Eastern Standard Time... Makes coordinating with Euro devs a pain! :(

Lately all of the kernel work has been in the cyanogenmod main kernel repo - it was merged into the mainline CM repos with the switch to inline building. The teamhacksung tree is pretty old. In fact, you shouldn't even need to do any local_manifest hackery for the kernel repo, just for the device repo.

The whole inline kernel building thing is a major freaking pain in the ass for kernel maintenance work... :(

Device tree is still teamhacksung - My main reason for asking about the clobber was due to a user commenting about the bootanimation. However, if the bootanimation is fullscreen you're OK.

I guess you're right about the faulty local_manifest. Rebuilding to see if I have your latest changes.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
A request about mms !

I guess you're right about the faulty local_manifest. Rebuilding to see if I have your latest changes.
A REQUEST ABOUT MMS !

about a possible hidden option that needs a menu item to turn on in CM9. The miui rom has a feature turned on (has an option) that I have not seen on any CM9/AOKP/AOSP/TW builds. This is in Mobile Networks Under Settings...It is "ALways receive MMS: Always receive MMS even when data is disabled." This is a great feature because when I receive or want to send an MMS I do not have to do anything to turn data on or off with this feature checked. The data is AUTOMATICALLY turned on AND then turned off. In all the other builds, an MMS will sit in the "sending" mode until I turn data on manually after which it gets sent. Sometimes if I take my time turning the data on, the MMS will not get sent and I need to redo the process.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sorry if I need to post this elsewhere (please let me know). Thx.

Klyupp

Nov 28, 2009
Amsterdam
Thanks teamhacksung first for your hard work on the S2 and now the Note. Just wondering, you say don't flash from leaked repack but does this also mean I shouldn't flash from Cyanofree wich uses leaked LP5 kernel?

Send from CM9 powered Galaxy Note :)

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Thanks teamhacksung first for your hard work on the S2 and now the Note. Just wondering, you say don't flash from leaked repack but does this also mean I shouldn't flash from Cyanofree wich uses leaked LP5 kernel?

Just to be safe, flash to stock Gingerbread with Odin, then update to CM9. Now you can try, but it could hardbrick your phone (as it did with mine the first day).

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
framwork-res and systemui are built using xhdpi as default..as a themer i want to thank you!!

finally no more hdpi crap..

So, when can we expect a version of the Mixer theme? ;)

Any chance of a .torrent for the build(s)? The mirrors are incredibly slow.

I'll give the bluetooth functionality a thrashing later and see if that's behaving.

How much of the from-scratch kernel is in use here?

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

This is in Mobile Networks Under Settings...It is "ALways receive MMS: Always receive MMS even when data is disabled."

Sounds like a good feature to be in mainline IMO.

Part of the problem with Titanium Backup, is that if you try restoring an app that relies on libraries, framework etc. that don't exist in your current firmware, then the app will hard-lock and you need to force-kill it. (A good example is trying to restore virtually any ICS-dependant app into a GB-based firmware).

In _most_ cases it should work fine if the backup/restore is from/to much the same overall system. Some gapps-dependant apps can have issues.

Last edited:

lcmazza

Dec 4, 2011
Coming from Imilka's CM9

I wonder if anyone tried flashing from Imilka's CM9...;)

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Awesome. So with the packed kernel is Max CPU still 1400.? Any plans for oc or alternate kernels?

Time to get my flash fix on :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I would not recommend flashing from anything that includes a leaked kernel, including imilka's CM9. Flashing from a leak is what hardbricked xplodwild, which is why this wasn't released 2-3 weeks ago. :)

Flashing from any CWM-enabled GB kernel such as CF-Root should be OK, as is flashing from DAFUQ - while it's an ICS kernel, it is based off of the same "known good" I9100 update4 sources as this release's kernel.

Not sure if video recording will make the next build - this is one of the cases where we are fighting CM9's build system. We know what file needs to be placed where, but the build system keeps insisting on overwriting it with a different file. argh!

I'm waiting until I fix a stability annoyance with the I9100 update4 sources to do OC. xplod might do it himself though.

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
Rather than flashing back to stock GB, wonder if you can flash abyss kernel 4.2, with working recovery and flash that way. Since that recovery works, and its a GB kernel, so from what I've been reading is safe(the kernel).

Flashing AbyssNote, rebooting straight back into recovery and then doing a wipe/flash of CM9->Gapps works fine coming from the LP6 kernel leak. I've just done this successfully coming from Cyanofree.

And the touchscreen in Abyssnote works nicely FWIW, it's also about the only Note recovery I've used so far that doesn't have a messed up background image.

Reactions: xeeshan

Klyupp

Nov 28, 2009
Amsterdam
Okay I was on Cyanofree, the flashed abyss kernel - rebooted recovery - flashed checkrom v6 rebooted - flashed CM9 - flashed GApps, if anyone is wkndering. Build seems good for the 5 minutes I had with it. Wondering about 2 things only, I don't have vibration on my touchkeys on the note is this a choice of the developer or a bug? Also wifi signal is alot weaker the on other AOSP roms, is this kernel or modem related?

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
Prelim findings:

WiFi works with Enterprise authentication (PEAP)
GPS Works
AUtomatic brightness control works
Download of paid apps from the market works.
PlayerPro lockscreen replacement works.
As confirmed earlier, microphone is very borked (Mostly fixed in #2 I know)
Caller ID works correctly (no random suburbs displayed as per ICS leaks).
S-Pen works (complete with tiny mouse pointer)
A fair bit of wake-lag from screen off.

I crossflashed from Cyanofree withOUT doing a data wipe (yes, I know, not recommended) via an AbyssNote recovery, and so far no issues beyond the known ones!

Good work team!

Works happily with Crypted's AGPS patch as well - his work might be worth having a look at as it dramatically improves cold-lock on GPS.

antiochasylum

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I would not recommend flashing from anything that includes a leaked kernel, including imilka's CM9. Flashing from a leak is what hardbricked xplodwild, which is why this wasn't released 2-3 weeks ago. :)

Flashing from any CWM-enabled GB kernel such as CF-Root should be OK, as is flashing from DAFUQ - while it's an ICS kernel, it is based off of the same "known good" I9100 update4 sources as this release's kernel.

Not sure if video recording will make the next build - this is one of the cases where we are fighting CM9's build system. We know what file needs to be placed where, but the build system keeps insisting on overwriting it with a different file. argh!

I'm waiting until I fix a stability annoyance with the I9100 update4 sources to do OC. xplod might do it himself though.

Thought so. So the abyss kernel method will suffice. And also I think most of us can live with out OC, mainline features are more important(as listed in known bugs)

Flashing AbyssNote, rebooting straight back into recovery and then doing a wipe/flash of CM9->Gapps works fine coming from the LP6 kernel leak. I've just done this successfully coming from Cyanofree.

And the touchscreen in Abyssnote works nicely FWIW, it's also about the only Note recovery I've used so far that doesn't have a messed up background image.

Nice, glad it works. :)

Prelim findings:

WiFi works with Enterprise authentication (PEAP)
GPS Works
AUtomatic brightness control works
Download of paid apps from the market works.
PlayerPro lockscreen replacement works.
As confirmed earlier, microphone is very borked (Mostly fixed in #2 I know)
Caller ID works correctly (no random suburbs displayed as per ICS leaks).
S-Pen works (complete with tiny mouse pointer)
A fair bit of wake-lag from screen off.

I crossflashed from Cyanofree withOUT doing a data wipe (yes, I know, not recommended) via an AbyssNote recovery, and so far no issues beyond the known ones!

Good work team!

Works happily with Crypted's AGPS patch as well - his work might be worth having a look at as it dramatically improves cold-lock on GPS.

Face palm, wipe data! Lol. But good to know these things are working. I think I'm going to jump aboard as soon as build 2 surfaces with working calls.

Now if I can just get the developer of Insanity for the S2 to make one for the note! lol.

Top Liked Posts