FFC Camera

Search This thread

dsimages

Oct 6, 2009
Where are you guys purchasing you FFC's from?? Im looking to do the mod on several phones, mine and some family members phones. I have found some on the web but want some input from my fellow galaxy s'ers.

GreggoryD502

Sep 10, 2010
Louisville
You can get them off eBay. But mobile tech video has them and they are not supposed to have any bandit issues. They are more pricey tho.

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
I ordered one from Amazon, should be getting here by Friday the latest, I'll report back. :)

Cool. Will aprreciate it.

I've got that camera waiting in my "Saved for Later".

If it does have the banding, this occurs in the rear not the FFC, right?
Don't really care if it happens in the FFC, but don't want to mess up the main.

Reactions: Exel

Exel

Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Please don't forget, I have a rev1 camera and really want to get rev2

Yeah, will check if it's a rev2, or not. I'll let you know. :)

Cool. Will aprreciate it.

I've got that camera waiting in my "Saved for Later".

If it does have the banding, this occurs in the rear not the FFC, right?
Don't really care if it happens in the FFC, but don't want to mess up the main.

I missed the 'Quote' button and gave you a thanks, ahah. :p

I'm not really sure, I'm trying to dig up all the old FFC threads, because there's really no support for it anymore, but I'll figure things out and let you guys know.

I'm on CM7, hopefully I find the camera hack for it.

misteryibox

Jul 30, 2010
tried the ffc files you posted on the other forum on d9rc3... no bueno. still get camera fail

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

oh and... how am i supposed to know if its rev1 or 2?

dseldown

Jan 9, 2011
Hilliard, FL
You get what you pay for

You can get them off eBay. But mobile tech video has them and they are not supposed to have any bandit issues. They are more pricey tho.

Look, its a no brainer, yes Mobile Tech is a bit pricier, but, I can tell you from personal experience, that I did the Mod twice, 1st time with a V.1 camera= so-so results, lots of banding.
Then I got one from Josh at MTech, a V.2 what a difference, especially in low light situations!
So again its a no brainer, If you buy from Amazon, its a computer item to them, and they wont give any latitude on that at all!
So your cost for shipping starts at $7.99 =.65= a total of $8.64 then add $14.99 for purchase and its now= $23.63 Plus I guarantee its a V1 camera at that price.
Now Josh sells for $45.00 that Includes shipping, so subtotal 45-8.64= $36.36 So for an additional $13.00 you get a guaranteed V2 camera that's fresh made. Plus he backs his products up.
Saving a few dollars is foolish when ensures a quality upgrade to the vibrant. However if your doing this Mod in batches and for other people or family and you don't care about quality then buy the cheap ones from amazon, and then it'll be over $25 and shipping is free!.
Point is if your gonna do this Mod for your personal phone and you want quality then get it from Josh at Mobile Tech and get a for sure V2 FFC
All I can say is the V2 is Superior in image quality hands down from the V1 series!!:rolleyes:

Exel

Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Look, its a no brainer, yes Mobile Tech is a bit pricier, but, I can tell you from personal experience, that I did the Mod twice, 1st time with a V.1 camera= so-so results, lots of banding.
Then I got one from Josh at MTech, a V.2 what a difference, especially in low light situations!
So again its a no brainer, If you buy from Amazon, its a computer item to them, and they wont give any latitude on that at all!
So your cost for shipping starts at $7.99 =.65= a total of $8.64 then add $14.99 for purchase and its now= $23.63 Plus I guarantee its a V1 camera at that price.
Now Josh sells for $45.00 that Includes shipping, so subtotal 45-8.64= $36.36 So for an additional $13.00 you get a guaranteed V2 camera that's fresh made. Plus he backs his products up.
Saving a few dollars is foolish when ensures a quality upgrade to the vibrant. However if your doing this Mod in batches and for other people or family and you don't care about quality then buy the cheap ones from amazon, and then it'll be over $25 and shipping is free!.
Point is if your gonna do this Mod for your personal phone and you want quality then get it from Josh at Mobile Tech and get a for sure V2 FFC
All I can say is the V2 is Superior in image quality hands down from the V1 series!!:rolleyes:

Some people have reported that the Amazon one is a rev2, now of course I can't be sure until I test it. Besides, I wasn't even going to do this FFC mod, the only reason I'm doing it is because my camera decided to die and I figured 'Why the hell not?' :p Now, I get your point, and I completely agree, you get what you pay for.

Top Liked Posts