[d2lte/d2spr][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.48.4[7.06.14]

Search This thread

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Latest versions can be found here (grab the d2lte file)

Flash the above in recovery and then do a "reboot recovery" to get into Philz Touch!

Enjoy :cool:

Last edited:

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Looks neat. When I get my GS3 back from repair, I'll be rocking this Recovery! :p

Dat feature list...:eek:

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
Yes, please. If another mirror could be put up. Dev host is not loading up for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

SOHKis

Apr 29, 2008
VA
i think you've brought down dev host w/all the traffic for this recovery..:silly:

CyberGmonster

Oct 6, 2011
Can you put up another mirror? I wanna try but it won't load up in any of my browsers

Yes, please. If another mirror could be put up. Dev host is not loading up for me.

i think you've brought down dev host w/all the traffic for this recovery..:silly:

+1

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Can you put up another mirror? I wanna try but it won't load up in any of my browsers

I'll post a mirror when I get wifi or when I'm in a 4G area

Reactions: cbrox and Phil3759

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Latest versions can be found here (grab the d2lte file)

Flash the above in recovery and then do a "reboot recovery" to get into Philz Touch!

Enjoy :cool:
    Update 6.15.4
    Check huge change log

It comes with an updated FAQ ;)
    It has a new option to make flashing outdated scripts easier

FAQ Updated:

11- various status 7 errors: format() expects 5 args, got 4 - set_permissions errors...

First read FAQ 10
    Start of 6.09.6, recovery will analyze the update-binary that comes with your zip package. If it detects an outdated version, it will be automatically replaced during flash.

This will fix all assert getprop errors discussed in FAQ 10 (often used to check if the zip is meant to be flashed on your device)

However, doing so, can expose you to a bunch of new errors if the update-binary is +2 years old. In that case, the updater-script code used could not match the new update-binary:

The error "format() expects 5 args, got 4" is caused by not using the below new format command in updater-script:
    format(fs_type, partition_type, location, fs_size, mount_point)
    exp:
    Code:
    format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system");

The error due to failure on set_perm is caused by using 2 years old update-binary
    New ones will abort installation when setting permission fails on any file, while it was previously allowed to continue

Fixes:
    - start of 6.15.4, PhilZ Touch added an option to force using the update-binary that comes in your zip. It will make it work except for the assert for device name error. However, that error is very easy to fix by any one (see FAQ 10). The option doesn't stick on reboot, you have to manually set it when you flash such files. It is done on purpose to keep you warned about potential risks using such bad scripts often coming from a copy paste procedure
    - hammer your ROM maker to keep up to his time, and look closer at his scripting and update-binary engine used
    OP updated with link and new version number

Thanks Phil
    Thank you a lot for the port
    I will add to my official support when I can breath
    Big thanks meanwhile