Maxx HD Case

Search This thread

AshyKnuttz

Jan 27, 2011
What is the best phone case for Maxx HD? I checked out the otterboxes, but they seem too bulky for what feels like a sturdy phone.

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
I got the cheap kickstand one from Verizon for now but am anxiously awaiting for the otterbox commuter to come out (it's already pictured online).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

wolfedude88

Jul 20, 2010
Yeah commuter is what I want too. Any idea on how long before they usually release for a new phone?

AshyKnuttz

Jan 27, 2011
Meh I thought about it and I'll take the bulkiness to keep this phone safe. But I like the Trident more than the Otterbox, they're pretty much the same, Trident just seems more stylish

toology

Jul 22, 2007
Verizon has a silicone case. I personally got the case/holster combo from vz and like it alot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
I am looking for a GOOD case with a kickstand. VZW has one I bought and returned. It wouldn't really stay in place and made access to power key and volume keys impossible with my fat fingers. Even if that were not an issue it was really a lousy case that didn't hold tightly nor fit properly...

I want a good case that really holds on and has a kickstand built in that is recessed in case when not deployed.

Thanks for suggestions!

animez

Mar 20, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Google Pixel 6
Seidio makes great cases. Using the Active case on my TBolt now. They make Active cases for the original Razr with a metal kickstand. Hoping they have the same available for the Maxx HD by the time I upgrade later this month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

kevguillot

Apr 3, 2011
Diztronic now has thier cases available for the razr maxx hd. Just search amazon for it. Just got mine today it fits so nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
no kickstand no fun

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Seidio makes great cases. Using the Active case on my TBolt now. They make Active cases for the original Razr with a metal kickstand. Hoping they have the same available for the Maxx HD by the time I upgrade later this month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Let me know would you? I really miss my kickstand.

beandogg

Nov 9, 2008
Long Island City
Just received the Diztronic as well as the Incipio Feather Snap case. The Diztronic is well made and fits like a glove. However, out of the two, I have to pick the feather Snap case. It's just like the casemate barely there case for the HTC EVO 4G (not the galaxy s2), very thin, and feels like nothing is there. The corners are just barely covered. I was a little worried but I accidentally dropped it on the first day, and the corner of the case got a little scuffed up, but it buffed out easily with just my fingernail.

The Diztronic is nice, but it is definitely thicker than the epic 4g touch (galaxy s2) diztronic case. So it definitely adds more (not a lot of) weight and thickness. I loved the GS2 case and that phone's vehicle dock was a dock that you needed to remove the case from the phone for, so the diztronic was better than the case mate. The vehicle dock for the razr MAXX HD fits the phone in the case, so for me the feather is the real winner. Thinner, and lighter (I compared the two with and without the phone). But the diztronic definitely has more protection.

For day to day, I'm using the incipio. When I take it to the golf course or hiking, I'll put it in the diztronic.

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
CaseMate Tough

Just an FYI for you Maxx HD owners, I picked up a CaseMate Tough case that was listed for the Razr HD - it fits my phone perfectly fine! I got my at my local Verizon Authorized Dealer location, but HERE is a link to CaseMate's site.

PICS:

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Reactions: leyvatron

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
Love the protection your case offers but I'm addicted to the kickstand. I bought the vzw package to get it but the case is slippery and offers no protection on top or bottom of phone in a fall (it better land on its side!).
If a good case with kickstand and grippy surface somes out I'm in so please let me know.

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Love the protection your case offers but I'm addicted to the kickstand. I bought the vzw package to get it but the case is slippery and offers no protection on top or bottom of phone in a fall (it better land on its side!).
If a good case with kickstand and grippy surface somes out I'm in so please let me know.

I hear you on the kickstand, I do miss having one every now and then.

~~ Tapped from the 7th dimension~~

Top Liked Posts