Smartwatch 2 'Different certificates for host app and smart connect' error

Search This thread

dansharpy

Dec 29, 2010
Is anyone else getting this or know a solution? Can't use my smartwatch at all at the moment despite installing both apps from the play store!

enigma_x

Jan 1, 2013
Which phone, stock/custom rom? Have tried to unpair bt connection, uninstall apps, reset sw2, clear cache and reboot your phone?

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

dansharpy

Dec 29, 2010
Which phone, stock/custom rom? Have tried to unpair bt connection, uninstall apps, reset sw2, clear cache and reboot your phone?

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

I've tried everything I can think of. Even done a complete wipe and fresh install of rom. I'm on HTC One on cm11 nightly (17/6) but i was on M7 release and had same problem.

newbyp

Jun 26, 2014
I've tried everything I can think of. Even done a complete wipe and fresh install of rom. I'm on HTC One on cm11 nightly (17/6) but i was on M7 release and had same problem.

I have a very similar issue although I don't see any error message at all, I can pair the watch with the phone using bluetooth and I can change the watch face from the Smart Connect app, however when I load any of the apps via the play store they install but do not transfer to the watch.

I am running CM11-20140622-UNOFFICAL-golden 4.4.4 on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini 8190N. I have tried resetting the watch, de-installing and reinstalling apps and smart connect but they still don't work. I connected the watch to a stock Android phone and it works fine.

Any ideas would be gratefully received and yes I am a real newby!

Tonio78370

Mar 5, 2009
Near Paris
I had this on a entirely stock Note 3. I:
- cut BT on both devices
- factory reset the watch
- fully uninstalled Smart Connect and SW2 (force stop - delete data - uninstall)
- rebooted the phone
- installed official Smart Connect
- installed official SW2
- paired the watch

and I'm back in business :cool:

I'll give the patched SW2 software another try later.

Hope it helps!

Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005

Reactions: newbyp

newbyp

Jun 26, 2014
- cut BT on both devices
- fully uninstalled Smart Connect and SW2 (force stop - delete data - uninstall)
- rebooted the phone
- installed official SW2
- paired the watch

Hope it helps!

Well I tried everything and it still did not work, so I flashed the latest cm11 rom after uninstalling the smart connect app and unpairing the phone. ito my surprise it has sprung into life with only one app not working (Sony walkmate) and I can do without that telling me to walk further each day.

Thanks for the pointers.

Reactions: amxandy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - cut BT on both devices
    - rebooted the phone
    - installed official SW2
    - paired the watch

Hope it helps!

- cut BT on both devices
    - rebooted the phone
    - installed official SW2
    - paired the watch

Hope it helps!

Well I tried everything and it still did not work, so I flashed the latest cm11 rom after uninstalling the smart connect app and unpairing the phone. ito my surprise it has sprung into life with only one app not working (Sony walkmate) and I can do without that telling me to walk further each day.

Thanks for the pointers.