[Q] HTC Amaze not booting up

Search This thread

alexlam24

Jul 8, 2014
So this morning I woke up and looked over at my phone as I usually do and the HTC white boot screen was showing. I decided to let it boot up thinking that overnight something happened. About 5 minutes later I went back and it was still at the boot screen. I decided to pull it from the charger and do a battery pull as I would usually do whenever something happens to this phone. After doing said battery pull... Nothing happened. I tried starting the phone up from essentially every single possible source I could think of. My laptop installed the drivers, but that was all that happened. I tried swapping batteries, but nothing happened either. This phone is a little over 2 years old so it may be the end of its life cycle, but I want to revive it just so I can back up everything onto my computer. I do have my media backed up to 3 different cloud sources, but it's better to have it on an actual folder rather than sorting through lord knows how many photos and putting them in separate folders. I am due for a new phone, but since I am 17, I do not have to ability to buy it off Swappa or any place so reviving the phone would be great. As of right now, the phone is still dead and may possibly be an aluminum brick.

NOTE: This phone is completely stock running on ICS 4.0.3 on Sense 3.6. I have done nothing with this phone in terms of flashing or rooting.

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
Your best chance would be to root it and flash a recovery and backup your data through the recovery, then you can try some fixes like flashing a rom or a RUU or just do a factory reset and see.. If you do a factory rest now you'll loose all your data

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app