Task29 working on touchpro/fuze **confirmed**

Does this make flashing a new ROM easier for your?

• Total voters
Search This thread
No more flash dance, that's right, you can now safely format your ROM memory with just a few clicks...

This tool was developed HERE by doloop and modified to work on TP2 HERE by Agent_47.

I have personally been using this, on my RAPH110 - Fuze, for the last few ROM flashes with no issues...

SEE WHAT IT DOES - Youtube

PREREQUISITES:
1. HardSPL
2. Bootscreen.nbh to flash (if you don't have one try HERE or HERE or HERE)
3. a ROM to flash afterwards

Here are instructions:
!!!RUN AT OWN RISK!!! procedure I have performed below successfully on me device. I am NOT responsible if you brick your device!

1. DOWNLOAD task29_no_NBH.zip, then unzip the files to their own folder on your PC.
2. a) copy a RAPH BOOTSCREEN NBH file to the task29 folder
2. b) rename it to Ruu_signed.nbh (I recommend using a bootscreen file, because it will only take about 10sec to flash, much quicker than flashing a Radio)
3. a) Place the rom you want to flash on your mSD, unless you flash via USB
3. b) Remove SIM and mSD cards from phone
4. Connect your phone to PC
5. Run RomUpdateUtility.exe
6. Wait for phone to get stuck at bootscreen (if it keeps loading past the bootscreen then task29 hasn't been performed), now, if you flash via mSD, insert your card now.
7. Enter Bootloader and flash your preferred ROM (hold [volume down] button and push [reset] button)
8. a) Flash your ROM
8. b) Supposedly you can skip the HARD RESET part of setting up your rom now, I have not confirmed this yet, but this should eliminate the need to do so...
9. Customize your rom and enjoy!

BOOTSCREENS:
1. ATT Deathstar
2. O2 [water drops] Splash or O2 [rect waves] Welcome
3. Please send me links to T-Mobile, Orange and Vodafone boots.
4. HTC FUZE [/url] or [url=http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206467&d=1247974677]FUZE [plain][/url] or [url=http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=210537&d=1248966610]HTC FUZE [earth][/url] or [url=http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=210507&d=1248959708]TOUCH PRO [plain][/url] or [url=http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239849&d=1256293803]HTC Raphael [energyFlow][/url]
5. [url=http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239443&d=1256181459]htc smart mobility [windows phone][/url] (will ad some more win/win6.5 boots soon)

[color="red"][b]EDIT:[/b] May 2nd: I changed the ModelID.fig in the zip to reflect our device, the RAPHAEL. so the download counter got wiped to zero...[/color]

Attachments

• nrg-win-splash.zip
    893.1 KB · Views: 1,296
  • task29_no_NBH.zip
    499.9 KB · Views: 1,757
Last edited:

gratian556

Feb 1, 2009
Yes, it is a wonderful tool. I use it before every flash of a new ROM on my Fuze instead of flashing the stock ROM first. Press vol dwn at reset to bring it back to bootloader and you are ready to flash a new ROM.

Highly recommended.

TheDeadCPU

Retired Senior Moderator
Jun 22, 2009
ಠ_ಠ
Reccomended for EVERYONE!

For the last 10 flashes maybe, the first boot has been like 3 minutes long with just the Splash screen. After this, It's like.. 30sec again!

somepeon

Oct 25, 2006
Just wanted some clarification on this process. Where can I get a RAPH BOOTSCREEN NBH file to add to the task29 folder? I've always flashed via usb. I flash my ROM of choice when it's stuck at the bootloader screen, correct?

gratian556

Feb 1, 2009
Just wanted some clarification on this process. Where can I get a RAPH BOOTSCREEN NBH file to add to the task29 folder? I've always flashed via usb. I flash my ROM of choice when it's stuck at the bootloader screen, correct?

After the flash/task 29 completes you will end up at the splash screen. It will appear to be stuck there because the ROM memory has been wiped. You need to force it into the tri-colour screen (pwr + vol dwn + soft reset w/ stylus). When the screen goes black, let off the power key and keep the vol dwn key pressed until tri-colour comes up. Now you can flash as usual.

Attached is a splash screen nbh for use w/ Task 29. It is Fuze earth theme.

Attachments

• RAPHIMG.zip
    107.4 KB · Views: 288

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
In the tutorial it says Task29 will not wipe out SPL (anyway we have hardSPL) and splashscreen.
Also radio will not be wiped out ? (if it will be wiped out is better to put a radio .nbh in Task29 folder...)

So we will need to install only the ROM after the process, right?

EDIT:
In the original thread i've found the answer: it will delete only the ROM image.

Last edited:

somepeon

Oct 25, 2006
After the flash/task 29 completes you will end up at the splash screen. It will appear to be stuck there because the ROM memory has been wiped. You need to force it into the tri-colour screen (pwr + vol dwn + soft reset w/ stylus). When the screen goes black, let off the power key and keep the vol dwn key pressed until tri-colour comes up. Now you can flash as usual.

Attached is a splash screen nbh for use w/ Task 29. It is Fuze earth theme.

Thanks for the file. Do I need to rename it before dropping it in the task29 folder?

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Where can I get a RAPH BOOTSCREEN NBH file to add to the task29 folder?

Check out this thread ...
Splash Screen Repository

Also there are plenty others...for those of you that are EnergyROM addicts here is a splash that I made a while back.

@benjamminzIS
You may want to update the 1st post point to people towards Raph splashes...the last thing we want is for someone to find a nbh that is not for the Raph and turn this thread into a ”what do I do now” thread …LOL

Last edited:
Splash Screen Repository

Also there are plenty others...for those of you that are EnergyROM addicts here is a splash that I made a while back.

@benjamminzIS
You may want to update the 1st post point to people towards Raph splashes...the last thing we want is for someone to find a nbh that is not for the Raph and turn this thread into a ”what do I do now” thread …LOL

udated first post and attached krook6023's energy splash

somepeon

Oct 25, 2006
Splash Screen Repository

@benjamminzIS

sorry for asking again...eager to try out this new process...do I rename the splash screen file to RAPHIMG.nbh and drop it into the task29 folder?

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
You need to name it ruu_signed.nbh and put it in the same folder as the ruu.

I just ran it with on of the O2 splashes and then re-flashed my previous rom. It went A-OK (after the reset, it just hung on the splash screen-no red numbers, nuthin, so I know it worked). I've been having this weird issue for a while now where some files in \windows and its sub-directories will become corrupt after a soft reset. When it happens, they look like a folder (not a file); see below. It happens every time with UCWEB-there are some files in a folder called CDDATA that get messed up after each soft reset (it doesn't happen if I have UCWEB in \program files, only in \windows, but that's where I prefer it). It's not really the files that are messed up, but the directory. If I rename it from CDDATA to something else (then name it back to CDDATA), then the files are recovered. I have the exact same issue with the new Bing app. The XAML folder (in \windows) gets messed up after every reset, and can be fixed by renaming it twice. There are also a few random files in \windows that get messed up occasionally (a few text files, and weather.dat, which is a weather dump for the Weather-2-Go plugin).

Anyway, long story short, I was hoping that Task 29 would magically make this issue go away. It didn't, lol. I always hard reset before and after flashing, so maybe I didn't need to run it. I've never had any other issues (like S.O.D. or random hard resets) that plague other users.

4556997461_a8016b3d2b_m.jpg

I'd also wondered if running Task 29 would alter the bad and reversed blocks on the device. No dice, I still have the same 7 bad blocks as before.

BLOCK 123 (0x7B) is bad block
BLOCK 162 (0xA2) is bad block
BLOCK 1104 (0x450) is bad block
BLOCK 3188 (0xC74) is bad block
BLOCK 3201 (0xC81) is bad block
BLOCK 3236 (0xCA4) is bad block
BLOCK 3733 (0xE95) is bad block

Last edited:
Farmer Ted said:
I'd also wondered if running Task 29 would alter the bad and reversed blocks on the device. No dice, I still have the same 7 bad blocks as before.
I was wondering that too...that sucks!

yeah, I doubt there's anything that can reverse bad blocks... sucks, but such is technology ATM...

maybe you could try running task29 a few times... maybe if there was a way to actually make it write zeros across the ROM partition at least 3 or four times you might be able to get them back...