Task29 working on touchpro/fuze **confirmed**

Does this make flashing a new ROM easier for your?

• Total voters
Search This thread

GbNoR

Jan 7, 2009
Norway
New Tool for us Flashaholic

I just stumble over a new tool called Flashaholic, over at the hd2 thread.
appelflap had made a app called Flashaholic.
You will find the original thread >Here<
- Description:
FlashaholicRUU (FRUU) is a customized version of the HTC Rom Update utility that will simplify the rom update proces by:
1. automatically performing a task29 before updating a rom
2. allowing the user to navigate through the dialog windows without having to check checkboxes (s)he has seen a gazillion times before.
3. allowing the user to use only the keyboard to go through the dialog boxes (enter -> next window, esc -> quit fruu)

How to use it:

This program will take you through the steps of performing a Task29 (formatting your roms storage memory) and then flashing a new rom. It is not advised to use this if you are totally new to flashing roms as if it is done incorrectly you will end up with no rom on your phone and a permanent look of terror on your face

This is not for noobs!!

1. Make sure your phone is booted up

2. Sync your pc and phone<

3. Copy the FlashaholicRUU.exe file to a new folder with JUST the roms .nbh file present (nothing else)

4. Run the FlashaholicRUU.exe and follow the instructions in the program

5. Click on the "perform task29" button to format your roms memory

6. As soon as the percentage bar reaches 100% hold your "volume down" button and continue holding until the phone reboots and enters the bootloader screen
NOTE: If you get a white screen with "hTC" in the middle then you need to take out your battery and enter bootloader mode manually before continuing (take battery out and put it back in, then hold the volume down button and briefly press the power button. Keep holding the volume down button until the bootloader screen appears).

7. When the white box in the bottom of the bootloader screen says "USB" then click on "Flash Rom" in the Flashaholic program

8. Follow the onscreen instructions and lastly click on "Flash" to flash the rom to your phone

9. You will now have a percentage bar on your phone and your new rom is being flashed

10. Once your Rom has flashed your phone will reboot and you can go through the setup screens.

Run your new Rom for a few hours, search for another one and start again with step 1 (if you want to become a real senior flashaholic)

NOTE: There is no need to perform a Hard Reset after flashing the Rom using this program as the Task29 performs a much more thorough job.

--------------

When you want to flash a rom without performing task 29 (for example when you want to flash a new radio) just hit <ESC> on the first screen of step 1. This will take you right to step 2 in which you can flash your rom

(Thanks to mskip for writing this brief but comprehensive manual)

Since this app are using the Task29, I just modified the .nbh file, so that we (Raphael-users) can use this app.
The .nbh file I'm using is empty, that means that it does not contain
a single file or image.

I'm posting the modified app here, because I think that benjamminzIS has done
a great job already with Task29.

And for does how will find this app usefull, don't forget about the man
behind this, and give him a Thanks ---->Here

...ps: Read post 6, in the installation instructions :rolleyes:

Attachments

• FlashaholicRUU_Raphael.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 197

Prez1

Sep 6, 2010
new york
I hope someone can shed some light,

Everytime I attempt to run this I receive the Error 208 File Open screen. I've read the description of the issue but even after multiple redownloads and trying on a different computer I continue to get this error.

Please help =)

Thank you!

Here is a screen shot of the folder (remove the space between "http:" and "//..." since I am a noob poster):

Code:
http: //i53.tinypic.com/2d7vadd.jpg

GbNoR

Jan 7, 2009
Norway
I hope someone can shed some light,

Everytime I attempt to run this I receive the Error 208 File Open screen. I've read the description of the issue but even after multiple redownloads and trying on a different computer I continue to get this error.

Please help =)

Thank you!

Here is a screen shot of the folder (remove the space between "http:" and "//..." since I am a noob poster):

Code:
http: //i53.tinypic.com/2d7vadd.jpg

Welcome to xda.
Since this is your first post I have to ask
* What phone do you have?
* Have you Hardspl on your phone?
- If you have a Touch Pro(Raphael), you can download the flashaholic in my
post over yours. Because the Ruu-signed.nbh file you have in you screen shot
is properly a bootscreen, or there can be something wrong with it. Or not
suitable on your phone. Its not a rom file, that it is too small to be.
- If you have hardspl on your phone.
Download the Flashaholic in my post, and just ad your favorite rom.
That's it.

But why do a Task29 if you are new to flashing roms??
You are not required to do that...

Prez1

Sep 6, 2010
new york
Sorry, maybe I should have said a little more.

I am not new to flashing rom's to my phone. I have a Touch Pro and have tried several different roms during its lifetime.

I did have Task29 work fine for me before but I can not understand why I am having such a difficult time now. The only thing different is I installed a new raid config and had to reinstall Windows 7 Pro but, I certainly do not believe that is my problem since I tried this on another computer and my laptop.

As far as the phone being unlocked/Hardspl, yes, it is. I've tried:

-with the phone usb'd to the computer ready at the bootloader screen (yes, "usb" is showing at the bottom)

-without the phone hooked up to the computer

I can not get past the error message, it occurs when I open the exe file.

Thank you for the reply =) !

I just used your file above and it worked great!!! Thank you SO much! Now I can go on flashing another rom knowing I'm "clean" first ...lol!

Last edited:

voidzero

Inactive Recognized Developer
Stuck at 0%

Hi,
i've tried to flash my raphael using task29 and hardSPL. Both get stuck at 0%! Can anyone give me some tips, please?

Edit: found it! Had to run SSPLManual.exe on my device :)

Last edited:

Najeeb Kabawa

Sep 21, 2010
Aleppo
ERROR [244]

hello
That problem is solved.
The process is completed to 100% in an eye blink and everything is normal just like you said.
BUT, after applying the Task29 on my PPC, there are two bugs :
1st, the ArkSwitch app;ication is failing to launch when the device is starting up and after that, it gives an error message.
2nd, it seems like the Task29 has flushed nothing, coz I have an only and ancient task in the calendar from the old ROM, and it still there after using Task29 and installing an Energy ROM.
Any idea about fixing that please ?

Last edited:

TechGuy77

Mar 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Confirmed working on the Ralph800 (Alltel Touch Pro), I used the FlashaholicRUU_Raphael.zip and it worked like a charm with the latest NRG Rom (March 1st 2011). Seems much faster on my tester Touch Pro, probably been flashed 12 times and it was getting slower and slower, well no more. Thanks developers!

elmanortega

Aug 31, 2009
perez zeledon
i cant get to bootloader no more any idea?
i had to flash a radio cause the flash image was not working for me
after installing raphael radio
device starts and gets to att splash screen and thats it
try o get to bootloader but nothing
it goes right to att spash screen