FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

READ FIRST! - Rooting, Solutions to Problems, the Answer to Life (Updated:11/29/11)

794 posts
Thanks Meter: 445

By sekigah84, Senior Member on 8th December 2010, 05:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2011, 10:23 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=kt_91191;11561181]i rooted my evo a few months ago and now whenever i plug my phone in it wont recognize it on my computer, help please[/QUOTE

I have had this happen. If installing drivers doesn't work. It might just be the cable.

28th February 2011, 03:31 AM |#112  

More
First of all let me say thanks to the person behind this thread, it is by far the most helpful thread to all of us newbies out here. With that being said i need jus lil bit of help. I've been rooted since i bought my EVO but now it's time to update and i know I cant use the OTA update i have to flash a ROM. My problem is this i want to stay as close to stock as possible just like others have asked but i also read on this site NOT to flash a RUU ROM, but if I'im reading correctly the ROMS that are stock are RUU. I'm currently unrevoked rooted running 3.29.651.5 software 0004 hardware. Of your list that you have posted can you tell me which ROMS are close to stock that are not RUU? Also just out of curiosity why are RUU ROMS bad? Thanks in advance for any help giving.
28th February 2011, 05:10 PM |#113  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Question Help with Rooting
Had evo metroflashed. worked fine (talk +text). Was rooting per xHAUSx then evo was stuck on Recovery screen FOREVER...

Now evo will stay on white screen "evo 4g" and will not boot. I can go into HBOOT and Recovery but really not sure what to do at this point.

Stock ROM (Sprint) - Metroflashed - (Newer Evo)

Any help is appreciated.

thanks.
28th February 2011, 07:28 PM |#114  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Well looks like I found a solution thanks to everyone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=966723&page=2

xHAUSx - kudos!!!

Flashed stock per instructions and ready to ride the root train again...

ALSO: MetroFLASH was not lost.
28th February 2011, 10:34 PM |#115  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirapdagr8

First of all let me say thanks to the person behind this thread, it is by far the most helpful thread to all of us newbies out here. With that being said i need jus lil bit of help. I've been rooted since i bought my EVO but now it's time to update and i know I cant use the OTA update i have to flash a ROM. My problem is this i want to stay as close to stock as possible just like others have asked but i also read on this site NOT to flash a RUU ROM, but if I'im reading correctly the ROMS that are stock are RUU. I'm currently unrevoked rooted running 3.29.651.5 software 0004 hardware. Of your list that you have posted can you tell me which ROMS are close to stock that are not RUU? Also just out of curiosity why are RUU ROMS bad? Thanks in advance for any help giving.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=864501 Stock Turbo
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=830153 Sprint Lovers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=874251 PURE ROOTED STOCK ROM
2nd March 2011, 06:27 AM |#116  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirapdagr8

I sense a bit of confusion. A stock RUU means that you are more or less flashing the factory ROM for your phone. It is NOT rooted. So trying to flash a factory ROM over a ROOTED version is going to undo the root. Which, for the purpose of rooting, is bad. lol

The stock ROOTED ROMs are based off the RUU BUT they are rooted. Rooted is just another way of saying it is modified to allow access to the root of your phone. Normally the root of your phone is blocked cause the manufacturer or carrier doesn't want you to modify those files.

That is why a STOCK ROOTED ROM is just another way of saying, you can keep root and keep the phone as if it came straight from the factory.

Yeah. This is a bit redundant but I just came home from drinking so... yeah. lol
3rd March 2011, 02:47 PM |#117  
Flag Orlando, Florida
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I'm becoming addicted to flashing! The phone that is. Thanks for all this info!
4th March 2011, 01:20 PM |#118  

More
I noticed a lot of the tutorials say Nandroid and stuff...If I have clockwork that means i can use clockwork to flash? I'm very new to this....someone help me.

I downloaded an old version of EViO 1.6
4th March 2011, 07:27 PM |#119  
Oakland, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Try Amon Ra Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj KraZ

I noticed a lot of the tutorials say Nandroid and stuff...If I have clockwork that means i can use clockwork to flash? I'm very new to this....someone help me.

If you are using clockwork recovery, then you should use ROM manager to flash the ROM you want. You can do that (flashing) from ROM manager... It is easier that way (for some). But I suggest you switch to Amon Ra recovery, that is what a great majority are recommending. Since you are new to this, then you can still easily change since you're not used to backing up with clockwork here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=705026

But if you still want to stick with clockwork, download ROM manager, under recovery choose "Flash clockworkmod recovery", then it will confirm the model of the phone you are using, then select it, then ok.

Then under back up and restore, choose back up current ROM, then check both "backup existing ROM" and "wipe data and cache". Just wait until complete.

Then after backing up, go back to ROM manager, under ROM management, choose "install ROM from SD card" (provided that you already have the ROM you want to flash in your SD card), then check "wipe data and cache" since you already made a back up previousy.

But like I said, Amon Ra is safer/better, although you can't use ROM manager, so you have to flash/back up/restore everything from the recovery screen (which isn't too complicated once you get used to it)
4th March 2011, 11:15 PM |#120  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj KraZ

Clockwork is a recovery. A recovery is one place where you go to do backups, wipes, flashing, etc.

"Nandroid" refers to backups and restoring. When you do a nandroid backup, it creates a snapshot of what is on your phone at any given time. A nandroid restore takes that snapshot and puts it back onto your phone.

If you want to flash, you can go into recovery and select "flash from zip".
5th March 2011, 08:41 AM |#121  

More
Hey quick question, After getting stuck on a boot repeat (evo 4g screen) Ive been trying to flash my phone back using the RUU 3.70 zip, but alas it gives me
This is what I get when i flash the RUU zip

[1] res\PC36IMG-SprintLovers-AmonRA_2.3-hausmod.zip
[2] res\PC36IMG.zip
[3] res\PC36IMG_AmonRA-v2.3-hausmod.zip
[4] res\PC36IMG_UD.zip
[5] Cancel
Type a number and press Enter/>2

Are you sure you want to flash 'res\PC36IMG.zip'? [y/n]y

Setting RUU mode...
... OKAY

Flashing so DON'T TOUCH IT!
< waiting for device >
sending 'zip' (205643 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)

Does it need to be reflashed? (eg. remote: 90 hboot pre-update)
[y/n]

Suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)