The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

READ FIRST! - Rooting, Solutions to Problems, the Answer to Life (Updated:11/29/11)

793 posts
Thanks Meter: 445

By sekigah84, Senior Member on 8th December 2010, 05:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2011, 11:07 PM |#311  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman34

Yea I noticed some people having trouble with that, lol. Unrevoked got through the first time with no USB issues. If only it charged like that...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Well glad it worked for ya, but if under warranty, you can unroot and take it in as hardware defect.

12th June 2011, 11:08 PM |#312  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcEVO9

having some issues when i go to backup, restore and flash roms on my phone, once they are done installing or backing up or restoring the screen gets these gray lines across it, kinda like static on a tv.... any ideas? im using clockwork mod, and some ppl said i could be experiencing issues with the pc36img? havet really found a solution yet... any help would be greatly appreciated

Those lines are just lines; they don't harm your phone in any way. It happens to all the users, both on clockwork and amon_ra recovery. No need to worry about it.
13th June 2011, 01:27 AM |#313  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz

Well glad it worked for ya, but if under warranty, you can unroot and take it in as hardware defect.

I unrooted to take it in(which is how I got in the situation I was in) but they said I had to go through the insurance, and I don't have $100 for the deductible. So I'm just gonna use a wall charger for a while.
13th June 2011, 01:33 AM |#314  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,554

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman34

I unrooted to take it in(which is how I got in the situation I was in) but they said I had to go through the insurance, and I don't have $100 for the deductible. So I'm just gonna use a wall charger for a while.

naw, that is a known defect with the Evo that was fixed with the on some hw 0004 models. Tell them it is warranty and you need a brand new one for free.
13th June 2011, 01:34 AM |#315  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHausx

naw, that is a known defect with the Evo that was fixed with the hw 0004 models. Tell them it is warranty and you need a brand new one for free.

I gave a 0004 and it still does it.
13th June 2011, 01:37 AM |#316  
Flag Central Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz

I gave a 0004 and it still does it.

fixed
10char
13th June 2011, 01:46 AM |#317  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHausx

fixed
10char

Aye cappy.
13th June 2011, 07:15 AM |#318  
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcEVO9

having some issues when i go to backup, restore and flash roms on my phone, once they are done installing or backing up or restoring the screen gets these gray lines across it, kinda like static on a tv.... any ideas? im using clockwork mod, and some ppl said i could be experiencing issues with the pc36img? havet really found a solution yet... any help would be greatly appreciated

Adding this to the OP.

Its normal to see weird multi-colored lines/static appear after you restart. Sometimes when you flash a ROM, the home screen will also have a weird group of lines as well. Restarting your phone will correct this.
13th June 2011, 08:07 PM |#319  
Flag Central Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekigah84

Adding this to the OP.

Its normal to see weird multi-colored lines/static appear after you restart. Sometimes when you flash a ROM, the home screen will also have a weird group of lines as well. Restarting your phone will correct this.

your PRL is behind a few, it's up to 60679 and will probably be bumped up to 60680 soon
The Following User Says Thank You to xHausx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xHausx Ad-Free
14th June 2011, 07:24 AM |#320  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
whats going on Guy. im a noob at this and was wandering for the new update would it be easier to unroot my phone then updated the software with it being stock the root it again using unrevok3?
14th June 2011, 02:45 PM |#321  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by this_guy

whats going on Guy. im a noob at this and was wandering for the new update would it be easier to unroot my phone then updated the software with it being stock the root it again using unrevok3?

NO. If you update then try to root, you're stuck because there is no root on the OTA yet. If you're on 2.2 still, root with unrevoked, THEN flash the rooted stock rom in the development section.

At least you were smart enough to ask...can't say how many cranky people there are cuz they updated and complain that they can't root.
The Following User Says Thank You to teh roxxorz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teh roxxorz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)