Configure IPTV on your FIre TV and watch Live TV

Search This thread

mejdam

May 12, 2008
The Free Trial Ended for NFPS on July 15th if you want to continue getting NFPS then make sure you are running KODI 15 RC2 or above and go here since they focus mostly on NFPS and Rocket private access

For those who arent aware you can watch live tv from a number of locations using something called IPTV, now normally this requires an IPTV Receiver (mag250, mag254 and avov) but using your current android device (yes this works for all the android boxes i have) and an application called STB Emulator you can achieve same service without needing to purchase additonal hardware.

Three methods to connect to IPTV Server

Method #1

Using STB Emulator it emulates the tv interface of a mag250 box.
Pros: Allows you to connect multiple iptv servers, Video on Demand works and you're able to view password protected channels (adult channels, If you have a paid iptv server this method might be the only method that works.

1. Download STB Emulator 0.5.22
Thanks to Psycon for STB Emulator Ver 0.6.01
2. If you want the ability to preview the channel before making it full screen use the VLC plugin method, Even though in my experience this crashes more often. Use External Player with MX PLayer for best results
If you want to choose external player download and install MX Player
If you use VLC plugin for media playback make sure to install VLC.
3. Follow my youtube video
4. I know in the video i said tv_ssytem_res for the resolution but choose 1280x720 so everything displays correctly on the Fire TV

Snapshot of STB Emulator working on the CURRENTLY free IPTV Test Servers
testiptvserver.jpg

Method #2
Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?1015-stalker-client-pvr-add-on
Pros: You dont need MX player since it uses KODI built-in player

1. Download pvr.stalker.client-android-arm-0.5.zip
2. Enable Live TV (Settings - Live TV - General - Enable)
3. Enabel Stalker Client PVR Addon and configure a MAC address
4. Restart Kodi and a TV option will appear

Method #3
Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?2514-stalker-any-plataform
Pros: Runs on older version of XBMC and KODI, Method #2 doesnt work on XBMC 13.2

1 - Download
2 - Open the Kodi
3 - Add-on -> Install from zip
4 - Go to config and set up what you want
5 - enjoy

Features
- Up to 3 Portals
- Force Clear Cache (Context menu on each portal)
- Channel groups
- Channel logos
- Parental lock (Default password 0000)
- VoD

STB Emulator working on a another service
iptv_nbchd.jpg

STB Emulator working on a mexican service
spanishtv.jpg

Last edited:

shollywood

Aug 5, 2008
Got it all setup, shows channels, but no channel ever plays, just keeps spinning like it's loading, but never does...

mejdam

May 12, 2008
Got it all setup, shows channels, but no channel ever plays, just keeps spinning like it's loading, but never does...

Yep, looks like they are adding more channels. Try again in a couple of hours. It was working great earlier today. I'll take some video later today or tomorrow showing IPTV working on different paid servers.

Instead of TV if you go right and select videoclips you can watch their VOD service which is currently up.

Last edited:

ssy080

Apr 29, 2011
Yep, looks like they are adding more channels. Try again in a couple of hours. It was working great earlier today. I'll take some video later today or tomorrow showing IPTV working on different paid servers.

Instead of TV if you go right and select videoclips you can watch their VOD service which is currently up.

Thanks for the tut, but I don't see any option for ext. player?

mejdam

May 12, 2008
Thanks for the tut, but I don't see any option for ext. player?

if you have stb emulator 0.5.18:
Press the Menu key on the Fire Remote - Mediaplayer - select VLC Multimedia plugin

if you have stb emulator 0.5.19 (newest version)
Press the Menu key on the Fire Remote - Mediaplayer - select External Player. Exit app and when you come back in it'll tryt to play a video and ask you what player you wish to use. Select MX Player

Reactions: ssy080

ssy080

Apr 29, 2011
if you have stb emulator 0.5.18:
Press the Menu key on the Fire Remote - Mediaplayer - select VLC Multimedia plugin

if you have stb emulator 0.5.19 (newest version)
Press the Menu key on the Fire Remote - Mediaplayer - select External Player. Exit app and when you come back in it'll tryt to play a video and ask you what player you wish to use. Select MX Player

Oh! Didn't realize it was a physical button you pressed! thanks :)

psycon

Dec 28, 2008
Works great. the server is indeed not showing any live channels at the moment. they are replacing some hardware so it will be back up. VOD content still works though..
thanks for the share, I stopped following FTA and had no idea they are trying to move into the IPTV realm.

mejdam

May 12, 2008
Works great. the server is indeed not showing any live channels at the moment. they are replacing some hardware so it will be back up. VOD content still works though..
thanks for the share, I stopped following FTA and had no idea they are trying to move into the IPTV realm.

Thats exactly what happened.

1. First DirectTV cards were getting unlocked.
2. Dish Networks Nagravision 2 card was completely dumped than hacked into FTA boxes (This required people setting up Satellite Dishes)
3. Dish Network Moved to Nagravision 3 which forced people to switch over to something called IKS (Internet Key Sharing), this required FTA boxes with Internet connections.
4. Now there is word that Dish Network is switching over to Nagravision 4 which will kill IKS. So now everyone is setting up for IPTV.

Dont mean to bore people with the history of hacking Directtv or dishnetwork but its good to have an understanding why tons of these IPTV websites are coming up. Some IPTV services are legal (Dish Network is actually rumored to having a legal IPTV service) and some are not so legal.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113259/dish-network-launching-iptv-service-payable-in-bitcoin

psycon

Dec 28, 2008
yeah, i was pretty into it back when fta was new. even made a a few pc based autoroll scripts that uploaded new keys to my box when charlie kept breaking true autoroll..

nfps was always pretty solid when it came to iks, happy its them pioneering this iptv stuff as the cost is going to be pretty low.

anyways, live tv back up on the test server and STB emulator 0.5.21 also runs well with the vlc plugin.

as far as the legality of streaming iptv, since there is no decrypting of signals done in peoples homes, its not illegal to watch a stream, in Canada anyways. its the same as watching shows on any streaming site like icefilms.. the server is the one bearing the risk, and nfps has been a great iks server that has been runining for a long time, if anyone can keep a service like this up, these guys can.

Reni10

Jul 30, 2012
Are there any reliable free IPTV servers or ones that cost a reasonable price of say $5 a month?

mejdam

May 12, 2008
Are there any reliable free IPTV servers or ones that cost a reasonable price of say $5 a month?

i havent seen anything that low, the lowest ive seen is $12 a month but that was spanish content. i say the average price for these services will be in the $15-$20 a month range.

Last edited:

Reni10

Jul 30, 2012
I have tried out a trial of another service with UK channels and it is hit and miss and most of the channels can be found for free on the vdubt xbmc addon anyway?

I don't think this is reliable enough to replace a cable or satellite setup yet...

Is there anyway to pull in the vdubt or other free iptv playlists into this Mag250 emulator?

psycon

Dec 28, 2008
well 1.iptvprivateserver.tv is free for now, but it is in testing phase. Once they are confident they can handle all the users and channels it will be going paid. and it will only be $108 a year... if your currently into FTA and have "donated" to nfps, then you will be grandfathered in for the remainder of your term (for anyone who purchased before feb 1).

This is not your grandfathers streaming sites, they are not simply going to be adding streams found on the net.. . I would check to see if it is legal in your country to access such a server.

__C/P__

Hello,

For your information we are planning to have the following lineup in the IPTV service:

- Charlie USA (Dish): All channels except Cinema PPV and internationals (at least at the beginning).

- BEV: Limited channels, but most of the popular ones like TSN are going to be available.

- Blue Sky: Most of the SD and HD channels except Sky Premiere (PPV).

- Red Point 50W: All channels including HDs.

- Media Networks 67W: All channels.

All PPVs movies channels are going to be excluded because of the VoD but we will open Sport PPV channels.

On the other hand we are trying to get some internationals channels but not sure if they are going to be available from the beginning.

shollywood

Aug 5, 2008
Psycon... How do I sign up for this??

For your information we are planning to have the following lineup in the IPTV service:

- Charlie USA (Dish): All channels except Cinema PPV and internationals (at least at the beginning).

- BEV: Limited channels, but most of the popular ones like TSN are going to be available.

psycon

Dec 28, 2008
you cannot sign up. they are still in a trial phase..

however there are other servers currently up and running and being sold.

check out hxxp://dsspros.com/forum/other-type-discussions/

simple rules.. sign up to forum.. make at least 10 posts/replies to any subforum, then PM the seller asking for details, do not ask pricing on the forums themselves.

Reactions: Vcolumn and mrhoque

lsdlsdlsdlsd

Dec 28, 2007
I couldn't get it to work with the VLC plugin or by selecting external player and then MXPlayer. I was able to get it working with the internal player though.

Mejdam, can you give any more info on the services from your two other screen shots?

I've never really considered IPTV services were actually a "thing." I figured they existed, but not much else. Can anyone give any links to other forums for more info on this sort of stuff?

psycon

Dec 28, 2008
aside from from the dsspros link i pasted above check out satfix.net. there is an iptv section offering services.

Reactions: mrhoque

johoja

Mar 19, 2010

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to use the 0.5.18 , and the latest 0.5.21 - on a bunch of different devices, Nexus Player , Nexus 5, Galaxy Tab S and in each case if I try to use the VLC Plugin - it crashes back to the home screen - do I actually need to install VLC as well from the play store ?

Any idea ?

mrhoque

Feb 6, 2015
working gr8 on first try. most of the channels are working.
is there any other site?
thanks for the post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Free Trial Ended for NFPS on July 15th if you want to continue getting NFPS then make sure you are running KODI 15 RC2 or above and go here since they focus mostly on NFPS and Rocket private access

For those who arent aware you can watch live tv from a number of locations using something called IPTV, now normally this requires an IPTV Receiver (mag250, mag254 and avov) but using your current android device (yes this works for all the android boxes i have) and an application called STB Emulator you can achieve same service without needing to purchase additonal hardware.

Three methods to connect to IPTV Server

Method #1

Using STB Emulator it emulates the tv interface of a mag250 box.
    Pros: Allows you to connect multiple iptv servers, Video on Demand works and you're able to view password protected channels (adult channels, If you have a paid iptv server this method might be the only method that works.

1. Download STB Emulator 0.5.22
    Thanks to Psycon for STB Emulator Ver 0.6.01
    2. If you want the ability to preview the channel before making it full screen use the VLC plugin method, Even though in my experience this crashes more often. Use External Player with MX PLayer for best results
    If you want to choose external player download and install MX Player
    If you use VLC plugin for media playback make sure to install VLC.
    3. Follow my youtube video
    4. I know in the video i said tv_ssytem_res for the resolution but choose 1280x720 so everything displays correctly on the Fire TV

Snapshot of STB Emulator working on the CURRENTLY free IPTV Test Servers
    testiptvserver.jpg

Method #2
    Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?1015-stalker-client-pvr-add-on
    Pros: You dont need MX player since it uses KODI built-in player

1. Download pvr.stalker.client-android-arm-0.5.zip
    2. Enable Live TV (Settings - Live TV - General - Enable)
    3. Enabel Stalker Client PVR Addon and configure a MAC address
    4. Restart Kodi and a TV option will appear

Method #3
    Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?2514-stalker-any-plataform
    Pros: Runs on older version of XBMC and KODI, Method #2 doesnt work on XBMC 13.2

1 - Download
    2 - Open the Kodi
    3 - Add-on -> Install from zip
    4 - Go to config and set up what you want
    5 - enjoy

Features
    - Up to 3 Portals
    - Force Clear Cache (Context menu on each portal)
    - Channel groups
    - Channel logos
    - Parental lock (Default password 0000)
    - VoD

STB Emulator working on a another service
    iptv_nbchd.jpg

STB Emulator working on a mexican service
    spanishtv.jpg

Thats exactly what happened.

1. First DirectTV cards were getting unlocked.
    2. Dish Networks Nagravision 2 card was completely dumped than hacked into FTA boxes (This required people setting up Satellite Dishes)
    3. Dish Network Moved to Nagravision 3 which forced people to switch over to something called IKS (Internet Key Sharing), this required FTA boxes with Internet connections.
    4. Now there is word that Dish Network is switching over to Nagravision 4 which will kill IKS. So now everyone is setting up for IPTV.

Dont mean to bore people with the history of hacking Directtv or dishnetwork but its good to have an understanding why tons of these IPTV websites are coming up. Some IPTV services are legal (Dish Network is actually rumored to having a legal IPTV service) and some are not so legal.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113259/dish-network-launching-iptv-service-payable-in-bitcoin
    Is there any real difference between the Free STB emulator and the Pro version?

the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting a dev

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Hey has anyone been able to disable the adult channels successfully had no luck in channel manager and every time I restart Kodi it reenables them. TIA

do not remove them.. either hide them or lock them with parental controls.
    There is now a client plugin for XBMC. I can verify it works on kodi 14.1 see http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?1015-stalker-client-pvr-add-on

way better then stb emulator

Install plugin
    Enable plugin and configure your MAC and the IP of the server.
    enable Live TV in kodi settings
    restart Kodi

Would not install on kodi 14.2 I got a Dependancies not met.
    I set mine up through Kodi. Works a treat. Only gripe is that exiting the PVR client doesn't stop the video. You have to manually stop it prior to navigating out to the main menu of Kodi. That's really nitpicking. No big deal though.

If you add the following to your keyboard.xml or keymap.xml, it'll stop the fullscreen video when you press the back button.

Code:
    <FullscreenLiveTV>
        <keyboard>
          <up>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</up>
          <down>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</down>
          <left>StepBack</left>
          <right>StepForward</right>
          <return>OSD</return>
          <menu>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</menu>
          <play_pause>Play</play_pause>
          <backspace>Stop</backspace>
          <rewind>Rewind</rewind>