FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2009, 03:18 AM |#431  
Flag Wickford
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have an Intermittent issue when using v2.5.

Sometimes it will refuse to rotate anything, but just opening up ChangeScreen kicks it back into life.
Note sure if it's the cause, but it normally happen when I leave work and have just sent a text, hit the power button to send it to sleep and then turned it on to use Tomtom.

This is on a Touch HD.
18th April 2009, 05:27 PM |#432  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello
i'm a fan of this tool
but why rotated the screen when the display is of?

cu
Carsten
21st April 2009, 05:14 PM |#433  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajs

The option to turn off screen when face down and in pocket do not work on my touch pro. I'm using the latest version. Probably a conflict with some other app but I have no idea what it would be.

The rotation feature works perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort

That's strange, worked well on my branded Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) like a charm. Maybe your sensor needs re-calibration...

Either use the Start>Settings>G-Sensor or download some leveler applications for your sensor like Bubble Level, Water Level or SpiritLevel and you could see whether the sensor is way off.

Did you have any luck w/ the above. Other people have reported this as well but I havent been able to pinpoint the cause yet...
21st April 2009, 05:15 PM |#434  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRalphMan

I have an Intermittent issue when using v2.5.

Sometimes it will refuse to rotate anything, but just opening up ChangeScreen kicks it back into life.
Note sure if it's the cause, but it normally happen when I leave work and have just sent a text, hit the power button to send it to sleep and then turned it on to use Tomtom.

This is on a Touch HD.

Yeah, in the next release changeScreen will "restart" itself every so often to try to avoid these issues...
21st April 2009, 05:16 PM |#435  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems31

Thanks! Works with S2U2 which is what i was looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomz

@600GOL .. All working perfectly .. No bugs till now ..
Thanks !!!

Glad to hear that!
21st April 2009, 05:18 PM |#436  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uccoffee

to make the incoming call pop up properly in landscape , there's only 1 rotating sw can do it , which it FLIP_IT, because it somehow emulate TOUCHPRO's keyboard out

600GOL, are there any way to make your tilt app work like FLIP_IT which makes manila & incoming call work in landscape mode?

I'll checkout Flip-IT and see if I could figure out what they do to rotate manila correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel15

When "screen off in pocket" is active, it also stops streaming...found out when i was listening to web radios at the bus, had to desactivate the feature...I believe the "root" of the problem is the same. Just informing, already saw it will be fixed!

This will be fixed in the next release.
21st April 2009, 09:26 PM |#437  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Did you have any luck w/ the above. Other people have reported this as well but I havent been able to pinpoint the cause yet...

No luck at all. Thanks.
23rd April 2009, 04:12 PM |#438  

More
Quote:

No luck at all. Thanks.

Edit: Ok, I don't know if this helps you, but I found a way to run my gps program with changescreen active.

If I enable changescreen, then start my gps program it just stalls on startup (device still works, but the splash screen doesn't come up). If I then immediately simply open changescreen configure app (I don't touch a thing there) my gps program then starts up with the config still open in the background.
24th April 2009, 10:22 PM |#439  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:

Edit: Ok, I don't know if this helps you, but I found a way to run my gps program with changescreen active.

If I enable changescreen, then start my gps program it just stalls on startup (device still works, but the splash screen doesn't come up). If I then immediately simply open changescreen configure app (I don't touch a thing there) my gps program then starts up with the config still open in the background.

I'm trying to do things differently in the next release so we'll see how it goes...
28th April 2009, 12:33 PM |#440  

More
Hi all!

Great app. Works like a charm! There is just one exception where manila (even if it's checked as exception) turns to landscape mode. When I'm on the phone (cporg),the screen goes off after 30 sec. When the screen goes off manila keeps turning when I slightly tilt my phone. This is really annoying especially because I have vibration on when turning. Has anybody experienced the same problem?
I'm using a Blackstone with the latest official firmware.
28th April 2009, 05:19 PM |#441  

More
Is it work on Diamond(ROM 2.03) with SPB MOBILE SHELL 3.0?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)