Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2012, 11:36 PM |#501  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo93

If it is never going to work, we will never blame devs nor have regrets.

So true. I just imagine how great it would be with low-latency audio
But I would never blame them. So cool to have smooth ICS on Defy (despite Motorola policy).

@all:
Sorry if i kicked of a discussion about this. After all, google said that some improvements they've made are only device-dependent (to the Google phone) but nonetheless I hope that the device-inpependent ones are enough to put the latency down to a reasonable value.
17th July 2012, 11:38 PM |#502  
Flag Santander
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Question
I am a musician and I use my Defy to record and play basic step music without having to turn my computer on. That said, is low latency the reason why there's no way to sync the music I record on tracks?
17th July 2012, 11:46 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Guys..

Let there be working audio first. Then we can have a loooooong discussion regarding low latency audio & all that stuff ..

Till then.... Lets stick to topic & better wait for a good news from the maker Himself.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
17th July 2012, 11:59 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodawg

It's not only good for musicians. Things like echo cancellation don't work when you have a latency > 100 ms instead of ~10 ms.

Just do a google search "android audio latency" (without the quotes) and you will find a bunch of information

As far as I know echo cancelation its done on the dsp directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo93

You see, it's always a one more feature you that we will have on defy through which it will become smarter than now.
It would be a dream using an app like iRig on our device

If it is never going to work, we will never blame devs nor have regrets.

Yeah I know, that app its really sweet, but c'mon, how many here are musician? its just a minority, and besides, android still does not have something close to iRig

Anyway, even the google engineers said there was a lot of work to be done, so its not complete, besides, we haven't heard a word of quarx on the subject, its all the latency work done on those libs?, its impossible to update them?, on who they depend? Texas instrument, motorola, ARM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazaMoto

Guys..

Let there be working audio first. Then we can have a loooooong discussion regarding low latency audio & all that stuff ..

Till then.... Lets stick to topic & better wait for a good news from the maker Himself.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Well, its not like there is much to talk about, and a good discussion its always good.
18th July 2012, 03:13 AM |#505  
Flag netanya
Thanks Meter: 133

More
to fabulosospucas:
no... low latency audio means that the bug that was in android since the beginning will be solved... and it is the bug that makes virtual instruments rare and almost impossible...
android has about 100-300 ms sound delay! that is awefull! ios has 5ms latency! there is only one app with reasonable latency and its Magic Piano.... try solo mode

that is why i use my ipod 4 for garage band fun and music stuff (i also have 200 apps but the heavy ones wont work anymore... not enough ram so they crash due to ios 5.1.1 newer android=better and faster newer ios= slower and crashy))
and my defy for the rest(gaming browsing email phone lol)

synching your track will be easier with fl studio on the defy or something like that... if you want good music editting otg get an ipad or an ipod... till google fix it
(ipad is a toy besides music).

damn i even use my ipod to make my classic guitar sound electric in real time!(android has 1-2 sec delay with that)
hell i can PLAY my ipod in garage band as a real instrument and make music(or play togather with my sonata arctica songs)!
android can play with 2 different media players symultaniously while gaming thats cool... as of real time synths? forget it... forget about dj scratching too...

PS: i even noticed google forgot the simple and crucial UNDO command/feature...

and there arent alot of musicians in the android community because of that latency issue...
18th July 2012, 04:08 AM |#506  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,063

More
Guys forget Low-Latency Audio for now... Let it just play musics.

If it can play sounds, it's awesome just because it's running (nearly) OK on our Defy+! Remember, the price to have something that we can't, is loosing some "features".

So, it play musics and to what it have to do? Nice! For me, and a lot of people more: It's Perfect!
18th July 2012, 04:10 AM |#507  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 2,838

More
posted by CyanogenMod on G+

Quote:

For those of you who don't normally check our gerrit, the CM JellyBean source just got a bit sweeter as we merged the first chunk of CM features in.

The preview builds released thus far were fairly close to AOSP base features. Time for that to change

The linked commit includes:
- Power menu Reboot
- Power menu screenshot
- Profiles
- Lock screen Calendar
- Lock screen Weather
- Notification light customization
- Battery light customization
- IME Selector notification toggle
- and a few more things to support Settings

This is the first set of many features that will make their way into source, slowly bringing CM10 up to feature parity with CM9, then surpassing it.

So once the audio libs are fixed, we will have a build which contains the above mentioned features.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brajesh.sharma87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brajesh.sharma87 Ad-Free
18th July 2012, 04:15 AM |#508  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,063

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajesh.sharma87

posted by CyanogenMod on G+

So once the audio libs are fixed, we will have a build which contains the above mentioned features.

Hope some Moto devices receive the Official JB or the Oficial CM10, so we can try to do something with it. But it doesn't means it will work, like a few posts ago, the Xoom guys said that drivers from another device, might be useless to us.

Let's just hope that Quarx make an wrapper... It will be sufficient for me to use it as day-to-day rom.
18th July 2012, 06:18 AM |#509  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,071

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaPeL

Well, its not like there is much to talk about, and a good discussion its always good.

... when in the general section. This is the development one. Please respect the rules.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hrk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hrk Ad-Free
18th July 2012, 07:15 AM |#510  
Flag -6.152345, 106.835542
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishgkasera

while trying to install xda-developers app from play store i am getting this error
couldn't install on USB storage or SD card
i am able to install other apps though please help.

Yes, there are some apps from the play store that cannot be installed with that error message.

Yesterday, i worked around this just by installing the CM10 over CM9 without wiping the data.
Only wipe cache and dalvik, then the JB will re-optimize all the apps that are already installed.
18th July 2012, 07:20 AM |#511  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thumbs up
omg awesum
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.1, cm10, cyanogen 10 for defy, defy cm10, defy rajnikant, defy+ mb526, eppy+quarkx= motorola rolled, future is here, god, jellybean, nicholas, omsk, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for world emperor, quarx gooood, quarx myth of defy!, quarx our defy deity, quarx rlz, quarx the chosen one, quarx thou...areth...god, quarxorola, singapore, take that motorola, winged doom, zee defy is the best

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)