By Xenova, Senior Member on 14th July 2011, 03:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2011, 06:55 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign255

20-80% is a realistic range you should keep the battery in and is the next best thing. You never want to fully charge a battery, just like you should not let the battery die (cycling the battery would be something that should happen though if you are not getting the best of your battery life). Again, try not to have your battery passed 80% and not below 20%.

Thanks for the sharing guy. That means u never charge ur phone until full? u plug off middle of charging (when it about to reach 80%)? This is true, but i hardly implement it because normally i leave it charged overnight. But the best time i can do is to minimize the time my battery will remain at high percentage (90 - 100%).
15th July 2011, 10:56 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Good advice but it's hard to be diligent, and like most people my phone charges overnight.
15th July 2011, 11:42 AM |#13  
Flag Atascadero
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
nice info mang.
15th July 2011, 05:43 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
nice info. many people didnt know this
16th July 2011, 05:38 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenova

Thanks for the sharing guy. That means u never charge ur phone until full? u plug off middle of charging (when it about to reach 80%)? This is true, but i hardly implement it because normally i leave it charged overnight. But the best time i can do is to minimize the time my battery will remain at high percentage (90 - 100%).

That's correct; I TRY not to charge my phone passed 80%, but that's obviously hard to do when you need your battery to last all day with use anyway. I try not to ever charge it overnight either.
16th July 2011, 10:02 AM |#16  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Excellent reading, thank you for your time and effort in posting this.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
16th July 2011, 11:08 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign255

Very good post and you are absolutely right about everything. Leaving the battery in a laptop for long periods of time with the computer being on generates an enormous amount of heat and kills cells within the battery. One thing I'd like to mention, however, is that you should always leave a lithium-ion based battery between 40-60% to have the longest battery life; 20-80% is a realistic range you should keep the battery in and is the next best thing. You never want to fully charge a battery, just like you should not let the battery die (cycling the battery would be something that should happen though if you are not getting the best of your battery life). Again, try not to have your battery passed 80% and not below 20%.

Another good tip is to not let your lithium-ion based devices (such as a GPS) in your car when it is hot out (or at all) because it will get hotter in your car than outside, your device's battery will be outside of its operating temperature and it will have cells that die out which will decrease the lifespan of your device's battery.

good info. this is the first time i read this. where did you find this info? any reference links?
17th July 2011, 06:49 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
informative post & I assumed draining battery fully helped in longer battery life.
17th July 2011, 08:03 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 73

Donate to Me
More
It actually seems like a rip-off afer reading thiss post XD
17th July 2011, 11:01 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thank you for the information.
17th July 2011, 08:00 PM |#21  
Flag Preston
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thank you so much for the info, now I know something more about my battery!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, general, phone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)