By ultraprimeomega, Senior Member on 8th September 2007, 11:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2008, 05:56 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
CF Transcend 4GB & SDHC Transcend 8GB Class6
My test :
- CF Transcend 4GB 266x (SLC Chip) --> works flawlessly
- SDHC Transcend 8GB Class 6 ---> also works fine.
- SD Transcend 150x 4GB also works fine.
20th January 2008, 06:59 PM |#12  

More
Dell Axim x50v WM6 Rom (MagLite Edition) SDHC Support And other non sd cards and sd or CF card adapters to other cards

4GB SD A-Data MyFlash 150x Turbo
8GB SDHC Class 6 A-Data Turbo
16GB SDHC Class 6 A-Data Turbo

16GB CF Transcend 133x
8GB CF Seagate Microdrive

All tested working with FAT32 in Maglite A03 Beta 1.
31st January 2008, 02:03 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 22

More
A 6gb hitachi microdrive for ipod mini not working
5th June 2008, 06:42 PM |#14  

More
Greenhouse 16 GB SDHC, class 6 -- NO PROBLEMS
Works just fine in X50V running WM6 Maglite A02 RTM ROM with 0 MB page pool.

Couldn't find anything that said more than 8GB would work in X50V, but I got this for my camcorder, filled it with 12 GB of stuff just to test capacity, and stuck it in the Ax. I've been accessing some dictionary files on it dozens of times a day and frequently saving text and audio memos and screenshots for the last few weeks--not a hint of a problem.

A02 with O MB page pool, by the way, seems to be the sweet spot so far. Fast and super stable, and so far the only thing wrong is the width of the window for the Mic control panel (who cares?). Wireless doesn't work well in the A03 beta, and in any of these ROMS anything other than 0MB page pool seems to lead to frequent frustrating slowdowns.

Oh, yeah--no problems with

Regular SD
Team Group 150X 2 GB
Photo Fast 150X 2 GB and 4 GB
Adata 150X 2 GB and 4 GB

CF
Transcend 16 GB and 32 GB 133X and 333X
Fujitek 8 GB and 16 GB 130X, 16 GB and 32 GB 266X (though one of the 8 GB cards died on its own)
9th May 2009, 11:23 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

More
post with any other rom info here, but still just for axim please
6th June 2010, 10:49 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

More
Sorry but Bump, this is still good, and the axim was made by HTC
13th September 2010, 03:29 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have a Axim x51v and I tested with:

SD cards

- A-Data SDHC card 4GB class 6 - works fine!
- A-Data micro-SDHC (with adapter) 8GB class 6 - works fine!

[ ]'s
12th December 2010, 12:17 AM |#18  
Flag A top-secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Arrow 32Gb SDHC and 32Gb CF Cards
I am currently running a 32 Gb SDHC card, and a 32Gb CF card, both manufactured by Kingston, on my Axim X51v, currently running LennySH's A07 Beta 3 ROM of WindowsMobile 6.1. Does anyone know if the X51v will run the 48Gb and 64Gb SDXC cards?
28th December 2010, 06:03 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit ZER0

I am currently running a 32 Gb SDHC card, and a 32Gb CF card, both manufactured by Kingston, on my Axim X51v, currently running LennySH's A07 Beta 3 ROM of WindowsMobile 6.1. Does anyone know if the X51v will run the 48Gb and 64Gb SDXC cards?

Sorry for late response i dont get updates from this thread anymore

As far as going past 32gb it might work but probably with write issues

Have there been updates to the sd driver, i have not updated my device since beta 1 and have not kept up with updates
13th May 2011, 06:15 AM |#20  
Flag A top-secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Exclamation IT WORKS!!!!! 64 GB SDXC on Axim X51v running WM6.1
I just purchased a 64GB SDXC Card off Amazon.com, manufactured by Transcend, and fitted it into an SDHC CF adapter, and It WORKS! True, it comes formatted using the exFAT file system, and you need to insert it into a USB adapter, connect it to your computer, then use the "HP USB Disk Formatting Tool" to reformat it to FAT32, but after that little exercise, it works Perfectly. My device is, as always, a Dell Axim X51v, running WM6.1 LennySH's A07 Beta 3 version. My guess as to why this is, is that an SDXC card is basically just an SDHC card formatted with the exFAT file system. If you reformat it to FAT32, it will work on all manner of devices with no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unit ZER0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unit ZER0 Ad-Free
19th May 2011, 06:16 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit ZER0

I just purchased a 64GB SDXC Card off Amazon.com, manufactured by Transcend, and fitted it into an SDHC CF adapter, and It WORKS! True, it comes formatted using the exFAT file system, and you need to insert it into a USB adapter, connect it to your computer, then use the "HP USB Disk Formatting Tool" to reformat it to FAT32, but after that little exercise, it works Perfectly. My device is, as always, a Dell Axim X51v, running WM6.1 LennySH's A07 Beta 3 version. My guess as to why this is, is that an SDXC card is basically just an SDHC card formatted with the exFAT file system. If you reformat it to FAT32, it will work on all manner of devices with no issues.

Cool then i think its time to take out my x51v, how is the write speed?

Did the hp tool complained about anything, and then you have a FAT32 64gb or close to it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cards, sdxc

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)