[ROM][D855] CyanogenMod 12 OFFICIAL Nightly [Android 5.0 Lollipop]

Search This thread

AngelBob

Jun 23, 2013
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
 * Act accordingly
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
This thread is for CyanogenMod 12 opensource builds for the LG G3 (D855). The following will not be supported in this thread:
  • Custom Kernels
  • Mods
  • Modified system files
  • Xposed

Instructions:

-- coming from other roms:
  1. Make a backup on TWRP (always highly advised)
  2. Wipe data/factory reset
  3. Flash CyanogenMod
  4. Reboot and enjoy

-- updating CyanogenMod rom:
  1. Download update
  2. Flash in recovery (no need to wipe)
  3. Reboot and enjoy

Issues?
Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
Please use Pastebin when possible.

CyanogenMod:
Latest Nightly: Download

Changlog: CM12 Nightlies Changelog - D855

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
AngelBob, invisiblek, finnq, sooti, manups4e
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-07
Last Updated 2015-11-14

AngelBob

Jun 23, 2013

GTMoraes

Dec 3, 2010
Recife
Aw.. It doesn't work with MultiROM. Which one needs to be fixed? MultiROM or CM?

Tapatalked thru my LG G3

Reactions: Galaid

johnpat

Jul 20, 2012
I'm on the first nightly right now and notice that the loudness of the speaker used to be boosted up.
I know AndroidUser do have the loudness enhancement patch of d855 and it works.
Please emerge it into the official build.
Finally, thank you for supporting the d855.:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
Aw.. It doesn't work with MultiROM. Which one needs to be fixed? MultiROM or CM?

Tapatalked thru my LG G3

To make it work as a secondary rom, the updater-script needs small changes. For instructions see my post here. It's for a different rom, but the code snippet in that post shows you which lines to comment out in the updater-script (located in /META-INF/com/google/android). In D855 rom those are lines 10-15 and 22.

EmptySD

Aug 9, 2012
Dubai
www.hqcreation.com
Wow finally official :D Thank you very much for excellent work! I was waiting for CM since i got device.
Is there still problem with video playing/recording and calls? I was looking for bugs list but found only Setup crash.

SV3NNER

Mar 23, 2010
Great that it is Official now. Looking forward for a stable CM12.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

GTMoraes

Dec 3, 2010
Recife
To make it work as a secondary rom, the updater-script needs small changes. For instructions see my post here. It's for a different rom, but the code snippet in that post shows you which lines to comment out in the updater-script (located in /META-INF/com/google/android). In D855 rom those are lines 10-15 and 22.

You're the man! I'll give this a shot. Thank you

--------------

Didn't work.. black screen with
"An Error Ocurred.
Shutting down MultiROM to avoid data corruption"

is this a ROM or MultiROM problem?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
     * Act accordingly
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12 opensource builds for the LG G3 (D855). The following will not be supported in this thread:
    • Custom Kernels
    • Mods
    • Modified system files
    • Xposed

Instructions:

-- coming from other roms:
    1. Make a backup on TWRP (always highly advised)
    2. Wipe data/factory reset
    3. Flash CyanogenMod
    4. Reboot and enjoy

-- updating CyanogenMod rom:
    1. Download update
    2. Flash in recovery (no need to wipe)
    3. Reboot and enjoy

Issues?
    Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    Please use Pastebin when possible.

CyanogenMod:
    Latest Nightly: Download

Changlog: CM12 Nightlies Changelog - D855

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    AngelBob, invisiblek, finnq, sooti, manups4e
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-07
    Last Updated 2015-11-14
    Hi @AngelBob you forgot me in the thanks section ^^
    Hi,

I'm the new d855 maintainer at CyanogenMod. We've got the camera up and running. So basically everything is running pretty well now :).
    The D855 will come very soon. I can't promise that we'll start tomorrow but I'll do my best. There is a nasty bug, which I would like to fix before the nightlies start.
    As some may have noticed, I have just created the thread for CM13. The nasty major bug has been fixed and from next week on I can focus on all the other bugs.

The first Nightly should arrive tonight or tomorrow night.

--> CM 13: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-0-nightlies-lg-g3-t3257951